Speculations

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by LazorGoop, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds like D&D to me. Its just Alerons version. He has upper planes and lower planes same as D&D. Angels in D&D are celestial beings that live across the upper planes. We know that at least one celestial race lives on the material plane of the Land. That is one race of sapients and one perhaps sapient tree. That’s not saying your wrong. Aleron definitely has his own twist of the higher and lower planes. I wish Ricther would increase the power of his Portal system in order to reach other planes. Then Aleron would be forced to define the planes of existance along with there inhabitants.

2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you want to work at the magic Forge, you will need to bend the knee. Too bad when he moved the Forge that the original wasn't left over. That would be a great retconn

3. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There's still that one angry Bone Crusher dwarf smith that hasn't bent the knee. I wonder if he will be kicked out. Of course, he'll probably be some exiled Prince and will prompt a massive quest to retake his spot in the royal family by returning with Ranock Din. ......................................or the Avatar.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  4. AndyJ

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    106. "His seed sank through the Sea of Chaos and was nourished." (The Land, Predators, loc 26804). This nourishment gave Richter more lives.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The sea of chaos......

So Ricther opens up the sea of chaos and then reaches through to get his item.

What would happen if Ricther opened up the sea of chaos and placed something powerful but inconsequential to him? For instance Ricther is in a situation where he needs nearly any and everything in order to survive. Although Ricther has a substantial quantity of some lower tier magical item that is of no help. Could Ricther drop one of those items into or at the edge of the sea of chaos? In time any item placed near that much chaotic power would become steeped in its ambient energies. Would that item become part of the sea of chaos? How could Ricther benefit from such an action?

I would really be interested in seeing Ricther soul bond a normal item to himself and drop it into the sea of chaos. Then when he opened the sea back up some time later he could call the item forth.

Is there any water in the sea of chaos? Could Ricther soulbond with a sponge and extract a sponge thrown into the Sea Of Chaos? What could he do with pure Liquid chaos?

I know the sea of chaos appeared to be crystalline. Could Ricther soulbond with a net and use it to extract something?

Are there any fish in the sea of chaos?

Johan and AndyJ like this.
  6. AndyJ

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that he might get away with using a strong soul bond, like level 3+, and it would return to him after he is reborn changed in some way.

As for fish...... obviously there are Chaotic Cod, Chaotic Clams, and Chaotic Evil Clown Fish.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am not sure what Aleron has in mind for The people of the land as compared for chaos seeds but there should be some distinct differences.

For instance from what we have seen people of the Land are or have been completely opposed to anything chaos. Most of the natives are scared and either don’t want to look into chaos or can’t look into it.

That makes me wonder?

Will people of the Land reject all chaotic items in disgust or fear?

When natives find chaotic items will they be capable of “reading” them. Meaning will they know if a chaotic item gives a buff of say +3 or would they know if it was a -3 debuff?

Do chaos seeds have a higher chance of chaotic items granting buffs?

For instance scrolls that offer random selections. If a native were to use a chaotic scroll would they be more likely to have a bad selection. Where as a chaos seed might have a 10% chance of a better selection?

With people from the land having a new third choice, that of chaos, will they receive the same abilities as chaos seeds. Will those new native chaotic personas be able to collect particles and shards? Will those native chaotic characters be allowed to collect chaos points and use the sea of chaos?

8. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Lol, and I thought That was all about him casting his seed while spanking it like a monkey!
    For those that don’t know pet monkeys sometimes get a bit excited and touch themselves in front of strangers. Then they often cast their seed at them.

9. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah
    That's an interesting question. About placing items inside. I don't see a reason you couldn't, but no guarantee it would be there either.

10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe the mana battery could help. Or Perhaps soul bond that golden idol and throw it in. Then try to purchase it back. Then use it to sanctify the cathedral.

I would like some more info on the golden idol.

11. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I speculate, that one day, book 8 will have its errors fixed... Maybe in 2051
    Just pushed the latest to my phone and it's still riddled with em

12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That is a great ask me anything (AMA) statement during his live feed. Something I don't think I could ask, as he knows me too well.

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The only problem is, I refuse to let the Facebook app onto my phone. They had their chance and they blew it. So I won't get the notifications about the live AMA until I decide to peruse chrome and see the notification there that says it happened a few days back :/

Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  14. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When he gets akaton evolution, in the description it says "continued use of chaos magic may have a beneficial effect"

Thoughts on what that might be beyond the basic rank bonuses?

AndyJ likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Increased chance of Chaos Magic causing a Permanent Beneficial Mutation to himself or on something that he used Akaton on?
    A chance of gaining a slight increase in Luck Stat or similar Secondary Stats if he interacts &/or absorbs enough Chaos Magic?
    Increased Affinity with other Chaos Beings/Creatures?

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Increase in chaotic alignment?

17. AndyJ

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've thought about this too. I was thinking that since the spell channels through his hands maybe it will eventually evolve his rings and/or gauntlets.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably a bit much considering how difficult it seems to be to change your alignment otherwise.

Race changes, massive age changing events, personal qualities and acts of significance (like how failing the quest to replant the crystal garden would lead Richter down the path of evil. If we assume the crystal garden is actually an innocent sapient creature, killing it solely out of greed would constitute an evil act).

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Random minor alterations with a slightly higher chance those changes are beneficial.

20. Captain BlackJack

24%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see that helping him to reach deeper into the sea of chaos as well.

LazorGoop likes this.