Stay a while and listen...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kchilds, Jun 9, 2018.

1. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Heh. I love cyberpunk too, just a shame that so little has been done with it.

GURPS is a blast. Generic Universal Role Playimg System, for the uninitiated, was a better way of handling genre mixing - basically, you can have Iron Man and Gandalf team up to fight Kaiju alongside Hatsune Miku and the Ghostbusters, and everything feels balanced. There is no codex creep to speak of, because all of the gurps splatbooks are balanced against what came before, rather than built around what sounds cool and would get people to buy the new book.

Palladium was just used as an example of a system with severe book-of-the-month-itis and codex creep. The percentile system used by those books and others came about because D&D had the d20 system on absolute lockdown and were protecting their IP pretty actively. That’s how WoD and GURPS/Shadowrun/et al came about, too. They had to be mechanically different for the sake of being different.

2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I missed welcoming you yesterday... my bad, welcome to the group.
    [​IMG]

3. kchilds

kchilds Elven Mystic LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

72%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Australia
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not a worry. I survived the night. It was touch and go when the gru came but I Riddick'd that shit.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. grimshawl

grimshawl Level 9 (Burgler) LitRPG Author Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi, welcome aboard kchilds. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. kchilds

kchilds Elven Mystic LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

72%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Australia
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks~