LOL Super Sales par Deux... Oops

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Jun, May 31, 2018.

1. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just started listening to Super Sales 2 and was kind of offended because I currenly live in Thailand. I was like “WTF is he talking about? F’king lazy authors not bothering to do basic research on their setting. This isn’t anything like Thailand.”

Then I checked the eBook preview and saw that it was spelled Tilen, and I started enjoying the story a lot more.

Sorry I doubted you.

/fail

Nurian, Paul Bellow and Yuli Ban like this.
  2. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So long as you enjoyed it in the end LOL!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Jun

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I’m enjoying it now. :)

4. Jun

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m really enjoying this novel.

My only complaint is that I don’t think the author took the time to research the value of gold, or account for inflation if this is a futuristic story. There’s just no way he can pay everyone in his company enough to buy big bars of pure gold for him to fuel his power for resurrection.

I get that he can make gold from common objects and use points to convert it, but it’s never stated that employees can buy points from him in with cash to convert stuff to gold on their behalf, or that he’s using points to make gold bars in bulk and selling them to employees for a millionth of the retail price.

I keep getting flashbacks to those gold mining and dredging shows where people get paid 100k+ for a partial jar full of non-solid gold.

That said, I’m surpried he doesn’t just declare that he’s taking a month off from using powers and building a supply of point batteries for emergencies. It’s not like any of his expenditures outside of violent conflict are actually necessary. If I had his power I’d be banking a crap ton of points in the form of precious metals with the goal of upgrading someone to “goddess,” or buying something so ridiculously OP that he could never afford it with his standard daily or even weekly allotment of points.

Paul Bellow likes this.