Tales From The Loop RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Strong Stranger Things vibe with this one...

http://io9.gizmodo.com/tales-from-the-loop-rpg-will-make-you-feel-like-a-stra-1797310505

p2lfl3ypmrsbbuci7jh0.png

Matthew James and Seagrim like this.
  2. Matthew James

Matthew James Blind Beholder Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    looks to have a Trollhunters vibe to me as well, that movie was Norwegian and not Swedish though.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Retro-Futurism, such a fun and lovely genre for gaming. Different technology just to create a really interesting backdrop for stories.

Matthew James and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A unique take on roleplaying games, with a focus on discovery and wonder. And giant robots.

Once upon a time a wonderful Swedish artist created a range of artworks based upon a simple premise - recollections of his teenage youth, but with giant robots. The art that Simon Stålenhag created was wonderful; whimsical, nostalgic, and with just a hint of menace. It was so good that Swedish RPG writers Free League wrote a game about it, called Tales From the Loop, going first to a highly successful Kickstarter game, before getting published in English by Modiphius - the same guys who are releasing the latest Star Trek RPG.

I first saw the VERY beautiful hardcover book when my colleague Daniel Wilks' copy arrived earlier in the year, but I only just got one myself.

And it really is amazing.

https://www.pcauthority.com.au/Feature/470583,rpg-first-impressions-tales-from-the-loop.aspx

Seagrim likes this.