The courts of light and dark

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by S'ahelas, May 19, 2020.

1. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen

5%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’ve been wondering about the light and dark courts for some time. It is implied in a prolog that perhaps the king of the light court will soon be challenged by the chaos seeds, and will no longer be the most powerful being in the universe. I am still unsure however if Ritcher will eventually face their exiles and the light and dark courts. Even if he ascends and his village ascends many times, how to you battle beings whose last war threatened creation itself?

nonetheless, both the light court and dark court have beings in the land doing their bidding, not the least the vindicators and the plague squad. What is happening to these guys? Do we have any info on what they are, they’re powers, and when they will show up?

2. Johan

Johan Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Most of that was also in a prologue. They are in Law, with dark paladins coming for Richtær.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay... interesting. I do not remember them being mentioned as a threat to him personally nor do I think any chaosseed is close to that level of power, as you say he is probably the most or one of the most powerful beings in the universe.

Such beings are not fought directly, thats one reason the gods exist, their purpose is to do what mere mortals cannot and their long lives gives them the same extreme patience and planning ability that make the courts so deadly. Which is the reason they were banished, the greatest victory the courts have ever won. If it was a chess games, the land side only has peons now.

Richter's greatest contribution may be finding a god/ pantheon of his own to champion and bring back into the land. Given basic selfpreservation, Richter should look for a god that is
    1) Sane (you'd be surprised how many gods are insane in various mythologies),
    2) trustworthy and
    3) good or neutral.

None of those are mutually exclusive, but any god that does not at a minimul fullfill all three is unfit to be the patron of the village.

We know little about the servants of the exiles. I don't think these are going to be their strongest, rather they are going to be strong enough to deal with any individual fighter in the peninsula one-on-one, highly mobile and ultimately expendable.

I'd imagine they are tier 2 or tier 3.

4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

82%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And Light court is going after the Dark.. But Richto is hidden.