The Dungeon is pretty great, but...

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Joe Schmoe, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good question. Thank you for reminiding me that they sacrificed people in order to build up sufficient power to break through to the chaotic shard.

Seems bloodstones can absorb power, but only from one person per day without a blood mage. With it they can sacrifice thousands. Still no mention of how long they can store it or how much they can store.

There is no way an artifact this powerful should be at a small outpost. Its also strange that they don't have a blood mage with it, HM implies the goblins have some.

I'm starting to lean heavily towards the idea that they got it from the Yvesians. Maybe the king is using them as something as simple as a cats paw, meaning the kingdom helps the alliance build up to the point where they can wreck havoc in the forest of Nadria, the firetip mountains and Rione. Once their main rivals weakens Yves can pick off choice pieces of real estate along the border with the forest and seize/ destroy key ressources.

I would target POP's, Mines, Dungeons, Cores, highvalue resources that will allow the kingdom to grow stronger without committing to a costly full scale war. Once these smallscale invasions and raids are over the enemies would have to choose between accepting a fait accompli or opening a second front against the largest kingdom around, with no guarantee of victory.

Worst case, they lose a bloodstone, spend some resources and a few assets taking out the goblins and bugbears, along with a good chunk of their rivals.

Its a win-win.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was mention of how full the device is, and I believe HM said how long till it would be full.

There were a couple of mages, but I believe that Blood mage + blood stone would only be for combat. There, as you mentioned, is a tendency of a blood mage (goblin or no) to be taken by the blood stone. Not a thing that is needed at an outpost. Slow and steady wins the race...well not this time...because Richter was a Blood mage. Blood mage gobo would not go to an outpost if it could manage it. They have slaves to break.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol

4. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I realized that i neglected to put in some of the cons to this alternate universe:

1. The blood stone was going to burn out that goblon mage like a husk. This may be what happens to those who channel the power of the blood stone when its too much for them. Richter would obviously just use it and never ask questions then die horribly and be revived, and THEN ask the questions.

2. Hearth Mothers reaction: "You want to what! B!+<# is you CRAZY!? ALLIANCE OVER!"

3. Blood coven will find him that much sooner.

Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  5. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another positive

Witty banter between Alma/Randy/Scion and the stone.

Johan likes this.
  6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    avg humas is not the same as avg dwarf/bugbear/goblin
    Also You are comparing Earth human to the Land Human.
    As far as we know the Regen mechanic should accommodate for this. Plus the land has heals/magic food/ Endurance that not only increase your health but also longevity..
    Blood loss should be a much bigger issue in Earth not so much in the Land.

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So:
    • Pack 100 or 25 dead bodies freshly killed into your storage device.
    • Use them by pulling them out before the battle or whatever and cast blood harvest
    • Blood is fresh as are the bodies. So no reason why good blood would be wasted..
    • Slay, Kiiillll, Consume, Fortify your Endurance before that too. Especially with the dungeon single ability boost trait

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well maybe your right, seems illogical but who knows.

Even with Richter's bag of holding he carries 10% of the weight. There is also a limit in capacity. Maybe with multiple sacks of holding they could store corpses. But such corpses might not be in the same condition they were in when stored having lost the blood energy, similar to the way a fish comes out deprived of life.

Dwarves and elves wouldn't have much more blood than a human. Gnomes and sprites are significantly smaller, and its a waste of time to bleed a pixie. Average around what a human could spare or below seems reasonable. Not that amount of blood total is that matter, i'd think its relative to total amount. A pixie with 100 mana has as much mana in its body as human with 100 mana, its just denser.

Regen is a valid point, but unless they have constitution in the hundreds its still weeks before its healthy to be tapped again.

Blood loss would definitely be an issue, especially for someone like Richter that uses his own blood in lieu of enemy blood. Being faster at regenerating blood and flesh is only a good thing if you have access to foodstuffs that can replenish the energy and materials spent. But that might be too realistic for Aleron, rule of cool and all that.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Life Magic Spell that helps with Blood Loss would probably help, especially if Richter was to Learn a more powerful version of it. For that matter it's possible that Blood Magic might have something like it as well, although I suspect a Spell of Blood Transfusion would likely be easier to find and get from Blood Magic.

10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just use the Dungeon boon/trait that lets absorb a single abilities 10% of stats say we have a beast with 900 Endurance. so we get 90 points of endurance.. that means we can bleed rivers and not care one bit.. at least for a few hours.
    Also potions, food, Have a blood pack that would be injecting you with your own blood(cause gravity and mages dont move.. then can be carried by a single troll. or 4 dwarfs...)... say 6 liters?! just like this:

its possible, cause we have magics!
    [​IMG]

11. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Too bad about that necromancer on the other side...

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  12. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That particular avenue goes both ways though...

13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For necro you need time, distance to bodies etc.. we will be much closer and our magics will hit bodies first.

14. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like your out of the box thinking, to me I still think the dungeon is the better choice for Richter.

1. Richters strength or constitution leveled as the dungeon did. (Too lazy to go back to see which one)
    2. The rare blood perk to augment his abilities
    3.The loot
    4. The ambient mana from the God node/master node allowing his village to produce high level materials.
    5. We don’t know what fulfilling the unlimited power motivation for a particular branch of magic will do. (My guess is make him a master of that particular branch of magic)
    6. The loot
    7. The loyalty/productivity from the village for increasing the specialization.
    9. Anytime he wants to have a bbq he’s one dungeon call away from unlimited pork and chicken.
    10. Access to the labyrinth (loot)

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    More likely something that could range from either (at best) an Honourly Adapt (similar to him being a Honourly Master of the PoP Elements for being the Master of the MV) and with a less powerful Ability to go with it, or just have him Awaken to that Magic type, gain a Spell or two for it and a Percentage Boost Bonus (say by 5% or 10%).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    Dragon likes this.
  16. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah too tied to his place of power for something so... small. Considering the requirements to unlock... I’m guessing something grand. I think the benefits of being a dungeon master could be on par with if not greater than being a master of a POP, and being a dungeon master on your pop.... he’s going to get something substantial. IMO

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1) constitution
    2) and the special permanent bonus he'll get at 5 rare blood types/ each time the motivation quest is completed.
    9) He's solved the problem of storing meat by just having unlimited live stock. Perfect.

18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that he might get an additional Bonus Reward on top of his initial Reward if he can get all the Basic Magics Awoken, similarly for all the Deeper Magics. And something extra for each Higher Magic.

19. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe just improved abilities?
    Like each Mastery ability so far seemed to embody one aspect of his Powers (haste, growth, tranquility, hidden). I'm thinking future Power abilities will embody other aspects.
    The Dungeon granted Abilities might then improve the abilities gained from the PoP in a symbiotic way, or offer lesser versions of powers not available in the PoP currently. Like his current abilities at 30% => 45%. Then things like fire earth light or death would offer 10% bonuses. Lessened because they're not working directly alongside the powers of the PoP.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  20. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I completely agree that in the long term, the dungeon is obviously more valuable to richter and the village. But it is an interesting alternate path that may have allowed Richter to personally reach greater power in terms of combat a lot faster. May not have helped at all against the litch though, other than power leveling richter and his enchantments.