The future of Litrpg

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Kidlike101, Nov 26, 2017.

1. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the things I think needs to happen is more scifi/fantasy authors moveing to LitRPG I would say a good 90% of the authors have never written and published anything outside of litRPG thats not a novella or side project and because of that the genre has become very insular in terms of tropes most of the problems LitRPG authors have in terms of plot seem to have been mostly solved in other genres and the solutions exist there just needs to be authors to come along and show others how its done thus change the norm for example now the norm is OP (mary sues) of characters. There are two books I've read that i would consider to not have OP MCs by the end of the second book where as in fantasy by the end of the second book the MC is usualy gearing up for the finale if its a trilogy or if its longer just getting comfortable with the world.

PS
    Sorry if this came off as mean or negative a large part of my point relies on most of the authors of the genre being inexperienced this is just to say with practice comes skill and if theres none great(tolken great) to learn from its even harder not to insult anyone.

FrustratedEgo likes this.
  2. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It would be cool to see real life issues in a litrpg, most of them just deal with "I is a cool teen and I shall take over the world!"

Also I agree with you @Viergacht As I get older my soul is willing but my body doesn't always comply XD

Viergacht likes this.
  3. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wrote that book. Older group of gamers playing an immersive game. Last Horizon: Beta and Last Horizon: Live, a complete two book set. The premise I started with was what would the people I used to play WoW with do if in 30 years from now the first immersive VRMMORPG came out.

4. David Penchyk

David Penchyk Level 4 (Warrior) LitRPG Author Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Minecraft.

5. FrustratedEgo

FrustratedEgo Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I took a year off of LitRPG just for that. I didn't want to be only a LitRPG person (even though Continue is kind of light, I guess) - and wanted to practice other genres. As an author, none of them receive the sales that my "LitRPG' series does - but each one was a fun project to learn and grow with.