The Great Library of the Mist

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Kordsoldier84, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I do like the idea of using truesilver and a chaos magic book and such to see what building would result. Most likely he has all of the ingredients for whatever building he wants.

But a core + fairy water would be interesting. I don’t know what the third thing would be outside of maybe the portal like someone else suggested.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seeing what a Chaos Spark might do would also be interesting.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How about 'Borrowing' HM's star map scroll for a day? It sounds like just the third component for a core building. Fair bit of synergy with the Forge of Heavens.

Mister Bill and PokemonThug like this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Overlay it in the forge to see patterns and ask Hisako to help predict auspicious times based on past events.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I bet she would charge him for that.

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    she already expects like 15 shortswords with life enchantments does sho not? better shords for her troops should be sufficient enough I Bet

but sure her wisdommis invaluable

7. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Somebody found out about moonshine this week.

And were they all the same enchantment?

PokemonThug likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yep life magics
    [​IMG]

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because we don't want people coming to the MV to destroy the library to get a core token and a magic core I am now going for a non-magic core building. Either a sculpted tree, a purchased settlement building, a purchased library room, or a seed core library building if that is possible. Another option is a portal to an already set up library. Another option is a blueprint from the sea of chaos or other repository that contains blueprints (teffonim "The Great Builders" dungeon).

No it won't be sexy like a core building, but it might last.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Of the choices that are non-core great library...which do I prefer?

I would say my number one choice would be a teffonim library blueprint from the dungeon (or from any species purchased from the sea of chaos). If it is a high level building, the a core token might need to be used. If the MV ever gets enough settlement points it could be upgraded to a hybrid human/teffonim bonus library.

11. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You'd presumably need to take down Richter or destroy the building to get the core. If someone powerful enough to destroy a core building shows up, the only realistic move is to kneel down and beg for mercy.

The risk of attack exists for any of the other core buildings as well. There is no way to keep such buildings hidden from the people with the power and inclination to gather cores for themselves, Others will learn of the forge and the cauldron, as well as whatever other building the core is invested in instead of a library. They can only try to prepare for the eventuality and hope that cores are common enough that the real powerhouses won't bother to make a move. As Krom knows of seven other magical forges in the peninsula there could be quite a few core buildings out there even if they remain rare enough that most factions don't have one.

12. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    if u own it. u should be able as grow so deconstruct/dismantle. Might be a cost in buildings dp's though

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ya, I was thinking after Richter is dead and the place had to defend itself again. But at that point The Land in general might be destroyed to let out the exiles.

Dragon likes this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A high-level tier one human has a 150 year maximum life expectancy. A tier 2 human has 250 years. We don't know specifically for chaos lords, but as the other types of tier 2 human were limited to 250 it seems reasonable they are as well.

That's a long time an enemy has to wait for Richter to die off (Richter is in his twenties) even if he never makes it to tier 3 or prolongs his lifespan in a different way. Say by becoming a true Master of Life.

Someone might kill him off till his last life is gone or permakill him somehow regardless of how many respawns he has remaining. That's probably a bigger riisk than it seems, the sea of chaos already offers one relatively cheap chaos seed slaying weapon that tales an extra life per kill.

15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He is a true Master of life, or do you mean master of life? I think hm is so young because she is tier greater than 1. Sumiko is also a life master and not so Young.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter implied it has an effect on lifespan which makes sense as you could likely get rid of much of the age related wear and tear on your body. How much is debatable. Hisako is almost certainly above tier 1.

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I meant a real master of life, as in someone with a skill level above level 100 and all the rank bonuses that comes with it.

Richter is a Master which gives him a few of the benefits, but not the ability to cast high-level life spells.

18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe there is something special about being a Master of life magik & a master of life magik. Then there is some synergy or some such nonsense. Personally I think it is because of the extended life expectancy of a tier 2+ person. Though if you include all three aspects (M, m, Tier >1), that would do it too.

19. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Being a life mage should increase your life spanto some extent. I would expect becoming a Master of Life Magic would be somewhat significant.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also almost all the "good" races seem to start at the 250 year life span for tier 1 so adding all that as well they got Time on their side.

Mister Bill likes this.