The Hunter Legacy Universe

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HunterLegacyUniverse, Jun 17, 2019.

1. HunterLegacyUniverse

HunterLegacyUniverse Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi. I'm Timothy Ellis, author of the Hunter Legacy universe on Kindle and Kindle Unlimited.

I write life in space, inspired by the Wing Commander and Egosoft X universe space games on PC.

A lot of what I write has aspects of LitRPG and Gamelit, but it's all in my universe, not within established games. It's real rather than a game, but a lot of game rules apply in the realness.

LitRPG came to my attention in 2018, after someone told me Yesterday's Spacemage was almost LitRPG. It was my first attempt at a stand alone book outside my universe, and it failed badly as a stand alone. Everyone loved the story and hated the ending, demanding a sequel or a trilogy. So I wrote the trilogy, and it ended up being in my universe after all. For a book I had no idea if anyone would even want to read it, it went to #132 in the Amazon paid store, with the sequel getting to #97. So as a failure, it did really well.

While I write life in space, my first series main character is spiritual, a cat lover, and a sci-fi nut, who built his own game computers as a kid to play everything from the beginning of computers which was space based. So what he does in the real world was something he learned from a game. This begins with fighter combat, and continues into fleets and empire building.

My second main character, the Spacemage, is a medieval level character thrust into the space-age future, without any interest in tech, and very little way of understanding it.

So first MC is totally tech based, and the second is magic based without tech. But my first MC has higher beings looking out for him, and eventually starts to use a form of magic without knowing it.

My current series brings both together, and is exploring how to blend tech and magic together to survive an invading species.

I dont write LitRPG or GameLit as such, but I certainly skirt the edges. My first 5 books all had player stats and leveling up info, as do a few of the others. From a beginning like Wing Commander meets X3 Reunion, I moved more into Master of Orion. And with the current series, have both running at the same time.

With 26 novels, and 5 shorter works, in 4 series, covering 2 galaxies, 3100 years, and a large cast of characters, I'm only just getting started. The 4th series is going to be open ended. The 5th series is in planning, as is a possible 6th series which follows on from the 2nd series and will also be open ended.

Which is why I call this a universe.

Wind your brain forward 600 years, shift into 'slinky red', and buckle up.

Welcome to my world. :D

Declan Heyse likes this.