The Imp's Quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Quest from the Imp, what does it actually say and not say?
    1. I will release you from your Favor, right now, if you accept a quest from me instead.
    2. Where it will lead you is the very location you’re looking for, a pathway home.
    3. If you finish the quest, you’ll get some good experience and I’ll get you home.
    4. If you lose, well,” Xuetrix cocked his head up as if he was considering the matter,
      1. I get all the experience you’ve gathered so far.
      2. You’ll go back to level one,
      3. your skills will reset,
      4. but you won’t have any permanent injuries or debuffs.
    5. Either way, you’ll be closer to finding a way back to the surface. Now what d’ya say?”
    6. Richter glared at him, obviously expecting a trick, but a prompt appeared.
    You have been offered a Quest:
    "Deal with the Devil I"
    1. Xuetrix desires a wand of magical power.
      1. It is known as the Wand of Rotush,
      2. It is held by the ogre lord, Nureuk.
      3. You will be given a magical beacon that interacts with your Traveler’s Map which will show you the general location of the underground city of Omru.
      4. Once there, you must make your way to the stronghold and acquire the wand from Nureuk’s treasury.
    2. If you accept this Quest:
      1. Xuetrix will release you from your Favor.
    3. Success Conditions:
      1. Steal the Wand of Rotush
    4. Rewards:
      1. Instant transport back to the Mist Village
    5. Penalty for failure of Quest:
      1. Loss of all of your accumulated XP
    6. Penalty for refusal of Quest:
      1. Immediate resumption of the Battle of Wills
    7. Do you accept?
      1. Yes or No

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  2. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I needed a place to deconstruct this quest. This trap has to be just as bad as killing some random person, in order to become a slave.

So by not having any XP, it will apparently mean skills and levels back to level 1 (reset?) even though that is not stipulated in the quest, but inferred.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  3. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The return home part is weird.
    • Where it will lead you is the very location you’re looking for, a pathway home.
    • If you finish the quest, you’ll get some good experience and I’ll get you home
    • Either way, you’ll be closer to finding a way back to the surface. Now what d’ya say?”
    Rewards:
    1. Instant transport back to the Mist Village
    All this sounds weird and circumspect. The imp won't send him back to the mist village. But my finishing the Imp quest, he will have facilitated the way to get home. The path will lead to a pathway home, that will eventually and can be construed as an instant transportation back to the MV as some point.

PokemonThug likes this.
  4. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What pathway is both instant and not instant. A path that will get you to the surface and "home" which I assume to be the MV.

I believe the ogre village will get him near to his orthongal portal and stairs. Leigh line portal is a path back home if you have already gone down the path. Righter will attempt to come up the path somehow, and will have to take the long way, that is not instant yet. But once he arrives at...the second level he could instant transport one level if he remembers it.

5. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could Richtær refuse the quest after accepting it?

PokemonThug likes this.
  6. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    First off this appears to be the first link in a quest chain. That seems odd considering the imp had to back Richter into a corner to get him to accept. If it is meant to be a chain, then either the imp thinks he can trick Richter again, or he has some other way to get Richter to, if not trust him, at least accept another quest from him. Likely without such severe consequences for failure.

I've kind of been leaning towards the idea that the whole point of the imp getting the favor and going through the battle of wills with Richter was to give him practically no choice but to accept a quest from him in the future. Richter may have surprised the imp in doing so well in the battle, but I think even if the Imp would have trounced Richter and had enough power to bind his soul he might have still offered him the quest as a way out. There is a "benefactor" pulling strings from somewhere who is using the Imp as a tool to manipulate Richter's growth.

Johan likes this.
  7. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

64%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Also, it's insinuated that Richter is stealing the wand to give to Xeutrix, but the prompt only states that he has to steal the want. It makes no mention of giving it to the Imp. Also, the prompt plainly says the reward is instant transport back to the mist village. Killing Richter means he wouldn't be back for about a week I think. Hardly instant. It has to be some kind of portal or air master who can transport people. Can't be a dungeon because he hasn't connected the node road yet.

My guess is the instant transport is via Richter's own portal at the great seal.

PokemonThug likes this.
  8. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

12%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, I noticed the Aquire the Wand bit, not Retrieve the Wand for Xuetrix?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  9. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could have sworn I saw that! Can anyone else confirm they saw that?

10. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So what is experience?

There seems to be two types.
    1st) the type that is accumulated and when you get enough, you obtain a new level
    2nd) after you get that new level, the XP is now stored into your core.

I believe that the Imp is after the second, which means he is after Richtær's Power Core he saw before the Willful Kombat! If Richtær looses his power core will he still be a Kaos Lord? Because the Imp gave this quest after he knows that Richtær condensed his core and obtained a new form, I think Richtær will no longer be tier 2.

This could be confirmed if Richtær ascends again. If he condensed the core again for Tier 3, and was brought back to a Tier 1 lvl 1, instead of a Tier 2 lvl 1, then we know Richtær will be brought down to the Tier 1 lvl 1 if he fails the quest.

11. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is Richtær's core now a tangible object that can be looted from his body like the slime core? I believe that might be the case.

What can the Imp do with a Legendary Rank Tier 2, Rank 2 core? Crafting of obvious. Maybe the Imp can absorb the core into his body now that they are the same Tier.

2tymes and Andrew Lynas like this.
  12. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If quest part I ends with Richtær successfully stealing the wand, part two should pick up right after? I thought I recalled the quest stating to give it to the Imp, but I don't see that anymore. I think I recall part II of quests being given without interaction with the quest giver. But even so, I am lead to believe that Richtær need only complete part I of the Quest, not the whole chain, to get back home.

There could also be "Quest Update" information. That could change any part of the quest...

Back to your original point. If Richtær is back home in the MC after completing the quest, what second part would be worthwhile to do another part for the imp? Or would the second part come as an option of not returning home quite yet.

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 13 (Assassin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

45%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    vault.jpg

Johan likes this.
  14. Johan

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This core stuff starts to get into Wuxia storylines. They are all about monster cores, beast cores, your own core. Take this blue pill to condense your core. Take the red one to remove the impurities.

15. ShoughtLoud

45%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm betting it's a homework situation
    He gave Richter an assignment, but he never said it wouldn't have multiple parts. That's on Richter for not thinking of it.

Johan likes this.
  16. Hastur

Hastur Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

93%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It will be a portal without one of the keys (activation would be my guess). If you recall the portal with the decamur knight they were not sure if there was a key missing on the other side.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  17. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

12%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Part 2 could be a Quest for Richter to Get the Wand Back from Xuetrix. Wouldn't that be fun.

2tymes likes this.
  18. 2tymes

2tymes Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right and then richter kills Xuetrix harvests him and gets something for his changing body. Gets some blood for the dungeons motivation and crafting. A wand to break down at the forge, and demon horns to put on the town hall.

Johan likes this.
  19. ShoughtLoud

45%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't think the forge is gonna be the right building for the wand

Johan likes this.
  20. 2tymes

2tymes Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A level 2 forge that can break down all magical enchantments, plus has a crafters station. if the dragons caldron houses the alchemist and herbalist why can’t the forge house smiths and crafters

Johan likes this.