The Imp's Quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How does shaking Heman's hand provide him with thousands of relationship points even with beings that hate him and all other humans? Its a conditional ability. Heman needs to touch you, a demon might well be able to trigger its ability the moment a lowertier or mortal agrees to a Deal.

2. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 10 (Filcher) Citizen

12%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So everyone who accepts a quest from Xuetrix becomes enslaved to him?
    If Xuetrix can enslave Richter by offering him a quest, then why would he even bother with a contest of wills?

Also Heman's ability didn't grant thousands of relationship points instantly. It forced him to keep having contact with them repeatedly. You make it sound like an OP ability like he just has to lay hands on an enemy and he can charm them. Heman had to let himself get raped day after day after day in order to slowly change their relationship with him.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Gurston

Gurston Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn't he say it gives thousands of relationship points a day. he would probably have started at -25000 to -50000 as he was viewed as food to start with. so it takes a whileto overcome that but meeting someone from a different race to gnolls or goblin he would start at ~0 so would jump to friend in 1 or 2 days, and get to really high friendship levels after a month or so

4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hate to say this but you telling Drag that makes my @$$ hurt!

:(

Dragon likes this.
  5. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter made a deal, he did not merely accept a quest.

Having a claim is not the same as being able to immediately take Richter's soul, but it might just make it easier for the Imp to influence Richter, the first step towards damnation.

Heman just has to touch someone. Being raped counts as being touched. His power is extremely powerful, but Heman's mind is too broken to fight his addiction for more than a few weeks, hence he cannot reach the true potential of his gifts. Take his attack on Richter, there was zero chance of him getting away even after murdering Alma. Even with 2-3 day's headstart the natives would have caught him as he stumbled around helplessly in the forest.

6. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag are you trying to tell us that every time Heman got Raped he got a little closer to the Gnolls

You make it sound like Heman found backing up to the bars a bit rewarding?

And just to think I thought that Hemans ability only worked by touch of hand. I didn’t know butt clapping worked like that.

7. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well that's what Aleron tells us. Every day the gnolls raped Heman they liked him a little more. Every beating too.

8. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might be that Heman was stripped and bent over. Then all the gnolls touched him.

9. ezra davis

ezra davis Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Remember Heman was not raped the whole time. He was trying to get them to have sex with him. Heman could not fight back or his ability would stop working. Heman himself said, “All my ability could do initially was convince them not to eat me. It doesn’t work right if people can’t understand me. I had to persuade them in other ways. Use nonverbal communication. I had to find a way to touch them for my other ability to work. How do you think I was able to do that, Lord Richter? How do you think I survived?” He was screaming the whole time and spittle rained over Richter."

What kind of nonverbal communication do you think he was using? He was begging for the D! Just saying.

10. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They were raping him on their own. Gnolls apparently get off on sadism and cruelty, so far that seems a common trait amongst evil races. Heman used nonverbal communication on the ones that were already raping him on a more or less daily basis - once he touched them they started hating him less, which means they found him to be a less repulsive slave than most of the others. Hot slaves get more attention, whether they want it or not - , to get them to interact with him and teach him their tongue. There was zero reason to beg for something that was going to happen no matter what.

11. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 13 (Assassin) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That STICK might be worth more than the entire City.
    When dealing with a Deamon Drago, one has To become A Deamon!
    Only when you know the dark side only then you can know the light... being weak does not mean you are a light side dude.. it simply means ur weak.

I really hate giving anything to the imp..
    What about consulting with the Ogre lord.. if Richto would be dropped to lvl1 or would the debt be transferred to the imp??
    If the Ogre lord agrees.. with debt transfer assumption lol.. then Richto can become an ally of the Ogre and both could take the imp the f**k down.

"Ok Ogre, call ur strongest warriors and lend me the want for a second.. When the imp comes we trap him, then I give him the wand and then we harvest the Imp"

Evil laughter..

12. PokemonThug

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    hehe ur a funny one(poledancing lol?), now show me your profile mortal!

13. PokemonThug

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hardly Imp's predecessors ruled a level in Hell..
    I don't thing some random god lings could so easily brake the rules to help their favorite pawn/Richto...

14. Johan

Johan Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't believe that was originally the case. It was only after the II Part of the quest was reveled, that part I became so. I remember remarking on this way back when, but I also believe it was retconned.

15. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wrong thinking. The demon would want Richter to act as he does because he understands that game a lot better than humans ever could, being an ancient monstrosity who has lived for thousands of years. Betrayal, lies, deceit it is the bread and butter of demons, they invented that game and they remain the true masters at it. Acting with honor and keeping to the spirit instead of the wording of the quest, is the last thing Xuetrix would expect because he would never, ever do so himself when there was a nice juicy little reward for doing otherwise. Its unthinkable, inefficient stupidity and hence its likely the last thing Xuetrix is preparing for. A blindspot in his outlook.

Don't play the game of your opponent when he is way, way, way, way more experienced at it when you are. Your gonna lose.

Now ask yourself this, would a 5000 year old demon who has survived all that hell could throw at him and rules a big chunk of it, leave a giant exploit in a contract/ quest on accident or on purpose?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  16. PokemonThug

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like with everything in life it depends.
    Can Richto kill the Imp? think yes.
    Will Richtos XP Debt will be transferred to the imp? I think Yes.

considering Litch was pwned, I don't see the Imp as a more evil/dangerous creature to the Litch.
    Still what is your suggestion? just get the wand.. comma thats just too easy we have to to the unexpected, creative genius approach here. At least Curse the wand first lol.. or crack/damage/make it unusable it.

Also most likely Imp was dealing before with less street-smart/wise/cunning beings than Richto.

17. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter? Cunning? Compared to demons that have been striving to outmaneuver each other for thousands of years?

18. PokemonThug

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    humans did that to for thousands of years..
    Banschee scream vs litch
    Wind deamon vs Litch
    Tame Mauler in the Dungeon..

19. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The same humans?

As for the lich his arrogance was his downfall.

Consider this: His power came from the Sarchophagus. The longer you sleep in it the more power it grants. Its the ultimate cheat item for the undead, but it does mean the lich was essentially a huge whale with little real skill. Sure he was a powerhouse, but most of it wasn't from his struggles. He was also blind to the power of his subordinates as was the ghast, considering it of little use.

I mean i'd have just sent my army to crush the village, no need to get fancy powerups from the exile. The vampire Masters could have held Sumiko at bay, the ghast could likely have held Yoshi's attention for a time and the lich himself would have given HM the fight of her life. Meanwhile Richter, the sprites and the mist villagers face an army that outnumber them at least ten to one with higher levels, no fear, no breaking point, and no exhaustion.

20. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if Rict

The quest does not say it is an Ogre city. It could be an Orc City and the Ogre lord has a "stronghold" nearby. Perhaps the Orcs would reward Richter for destroying the Ogre tribe. Ogre lord could be a tier 2 Ogre.

"...beacon that interacts with your Traveler’s Map which will show you the general location of the underground city of Omru. Once there, you must make your way to the stronghold and acquire the wand from Nureuk’s treasury."