The Imp's Quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Church what church??

Actually, I think Futen was the one that asked Ricther about taking it. Then after that not being able to take the whole Altar Ricther was told of the magic core.

Okay, now we get to it. He might have been “led to those particular locations” not straight to the cores.

I would agree with that.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wellllll..... :)

Its called turning bad luck into an opportunity (of course luck is just opportunities you manage to seize so I guess you can call it luck? Its not buying a lottery ticket lock and winning millions of dollars luck). Similar to a drug addict who gets in a car accident, lies in a coma for six months, and ends up using the experience as motivation to turn his life around.

As far as we know they paid a heavy price from amongst the mist villages finest to turn their luck around. Dozens are dead at a time when the village can ill afford to lose its best fighters.

3. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes dozens dead. Instead of the whole village and hearth tree laying in waste. In return Ricther has gained even more power and eliminated a major threat to the entire river peninsula. Ricther is also about to double his population again with Mamas caravan.

4. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The exile wasn't a threat to the river peninsula. He might have had the raw power to burn the forest of Nadria, but he also had the sheer arrogance of any true villain holding him back in addition to being equivalent to a "pay to win player" who gained his power from an item.

That whole overly complicated plot to lure Richter into his lair instead of just waiting for the exile to give the boon before marching in force to crush the mist village was not only unnecessary, it was stupid. The kind of mistake someone who knows with himself that he is way, way, way smarter than everyone else makes instead of sticking to the tried and true. Such as the "distract the enemy with a dancing monkey until it is too late for him to stop your attack" ploy Richter used.

Richter may have finished the lich off, but in truth he beat himself and he would likely have beaten himself even with another "pay to win" powerup from the exile. Without the proper application and planning, raw potential cannot be leveraged into power, its one of the core tenets of the books.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Rattle on brother.

Correct me about something I didn’t say.

I only spoke of the Litch.

And yeah, I said the river peninsula. The Hearth Morther tells of the danger they are all in with the Litch having a mausoleum and communing with an Exile. The Litch also tells of the destruction he plans to wreak.

6. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You did postulate that the lich was a danger to the entire river peninsula, instead of a local threat to the forest.

HM talks of a danger to the forest. Not the river peninsula.

The Ghast talks of laying waste to the forest. Not the river peninsula.

The Lich and his servan the Ghast talked about a lot of things, its called monologing. The lich also lays overly complicated plans, which was how he beat himself and the Ghast ended up on his own.

I repeat, had he turtled in his lair till he had the powerup from the exile after removing the activation rune from his end of the portal, Richter could have done nothing to stop him. Instead he allowed Richter to bypass most of his army and defences because he believed he had a failproof way of winning.

ShoughtLoud likes this.