The Imp's Quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that a Crafters Table maybe needed for a Wand.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm not saying it can't per se, but I don't find it likely. Your comparison is also flawed. The cauldron houses the herbalists because because you can't make potions without the herbs the herbalists grow. In fact we already see this in the forge with the miners. Also the forge can't break down all magical enchantments. We saw this when it was made and Richter tried to break down a ring and it told him "no"

Edit: which leads more into the limitations of power in the Land someone makes a core forge, the Land doesn't want them just adding an alchemy chamber on the side with core quality alchemy set and a mages tower with core quality... Well whatever they have. By this I don't mean that you couldn't make these things using the forge, but they (the crafters table/summoning circle /whatever) wouldn't be able to be added to the building.

Also crafters need fine detail and careful application of magically charged materials. I think they'd have the same problem with the forge that Tabia had. I'm thinking a more apt pairing would be Crafters and Jewelers.

Edit: now if we had a super structure say a "makers space" where all the core buildings merged into one big complex then yeah let's do it. But that would need multiple cores as well.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  3. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly I was just bored and freestyling last night lol. But honestly I could see the forge gaining access to enchantments from anything at a certain level why not level 2

4. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Speaking of blood wouldn't' the blood of the tier 2 worm count for one of the 5 for the dungeon? I'd bet the boon would be health regeneration.

ShoughtLoud and Andrew Lynas like this.
  5. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Too bad he couldnt recover any of the imps blood from the battle of wills..

6. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Let's sidebar all that.

So to believe that the orquis are near the dark portal, there is still the possible slime that was guarding it. I assume the slime in no longer enslaved...maybe it is near the Ork home and all that is left are these refugees.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  7. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmmm. They were definitely more than an adventuring party(way more than 5) and there seemed to be non combatants. Also could have been a trade delegation? 3 professional warriors could be about right for such a mission. Might even be possible they are heading the same way.

8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really need to read over my posts again before posting. I'm surprised you could understand those errors.

It is odd, because it seemed like they stumbled upon a nest/lair. Not sure what they were thinking if it was a hunting party.

9. HamsterDesTodes

HamsterDesTodes Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Note that there's no time limit and only if Richter ever enters Omru will he be forced to actually do something (either get the staff or live the rest of his life in Omru - still way too openended!).
    As long as he stays out, he can go wherever he wants without even trying to get the wand. So if he were to find his own way back, he's scot-free.
    Someone pointed out that nowhere does it require Richter to give up the wand, that didn't even occur to me but is entirely correct.
    IMHO either Xuetrix fucked up royally or Kong did, because this quest is pretty darn open, not at all what I would expect from a demon.

10. Martire

Martire Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There could be a possibility that the wand is cursed or could cause instant death to user. Which can be an instant respawn to the MV since he cant recall his time in the chaos realm.

11. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Digging Deep Johan gonna have to do something about it

12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Damn bro.. good thinking Death is a way home too lol. You do have the talent use it well.

But why Does Richto has to even finish the quest? its not timed is it?
    Alternative solutions:

• Just go back home with his worm.. the worm can dig up easily.. Its what 1km, 2 km.. its like 10h of digging lol.. super fast. the worm can even drag him up
    • Just wait.. and when Richto will get to the max lvl Tier 2 Chaos lordling then he can "resume" the battle of wills..
    • Why not to just outright kill the Imp?! ...

There might be some loss of exp.. and lost an opportunity to become stronger & enslave the Imp.. getting all his knowledge.. the same thing what Imp tried to do to Richter.

In other words.. what would happen if Richto would destroy the wand?! .. resuming to the thought combat?! by that time he will surely reach the lvl 2 of his tier 2 thingy..
    he could just keep his that wand in his pouch..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  13. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Stealing is not necessarily touching it.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    was there even the slime in the first place?? Litch knew little bambinos were spying on him.. he was lying..

15. HamsterDesTodes

HamsterDesTodes Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

• To go back with his worm, he would have to know where he is in relation to Mist Village first.
    • Killing the Imp isn't an alternative at all. What would the result be? Right, Richter would still be stuck in the underworld with no clue how to get out.
    • As for besting him....why? And how? The favour was forgiven as soon as Richter accepted the quest, no matter what the outcome of said quest was. There's no reason (and likely no possibility) to resume the battle of wills.

16. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can he know the direction of the MV?

Congratulations! You have deepened your union with your soul familiar! As such, you have developed the following capabilities. You may now find one another over vast distances.

Joe Schmoe and PokemonThug like this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My thinking on the time issue is that if the Imp thinks you are not working on the quest and the universe agrees with him, you just failed the quest.

Cire122 likes this.
  18. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he does go on his merry way and a month later someone else steals or destroys the wand I would bet he fails the quest. Who would want to leave that sword hanging over them? Just imagine middle of the big final fight against some evil foe and BAM! Red prompt "you failed deal with the devil 1." Back to level 1 noob and dies. Leaving all those who count on him defenseless.

PokemonThug and ShoughtLoud like this.
  19. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well there are probably multiple ways the imp can screw Richter.

For instance, under point 4 he promises Richter instant transport to the mist village. Problem is he never specifies when this transport will occur, whether its two minutes later or two years later when Richter is off on campaign against the goblins, having made his way home on his own. It only describes the journey itself as being instant, meaning the imp can't kill him or drag him off to a demonic realm as a sidetrip.

20. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The quest is so vague and we hear again and again words matter. I wonder if we had a poll if this would land on poor writing and we are overthinking it or AK as some seriously twisted stuff planned.