The Imp's Quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the imp would collect of the XP that was spent to reach level 46 plus his current XP accumulated. Now whether or not the XP debt is transferred to Xuetrix as well I don't know. Xuetrix is likely unaware of this XP debt.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So would he also get back the doubled up XP from the other times he's used talent point conversion? And what about the penalties on regaining?

3. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Previous talent point conversion debts have been paid. Those XP debts have been paid, and the penalties lost permanently. They shouldn't affect either Richter or Xuetrix in any way. It is only the outstanding debt that must be accounted for in some way.

Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well if we transfer the debt, then Imp ether get only the dbet or the debt and all Richtos exp.. in bouth cases Imp has not gained much.. just F*** with Richto.
    The question remains, what happens to the debt. If the debt is attachded to the person .. We need to see how Richto's spreadsheet looks like :) if its
    Name: Richto
    EXP: -1.6 mln... the sure
    but if there is a section:
    Debt: -1.6mln

5. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter has accumulated enough XP to get to level 46. Even just to go from level 44 to 45 required 205,000 XP.

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What? What did you say Hobbit!

"
    Richter checked his total experience.

2,893,452/3,845,000 XP to Level 46

"

"
    You have used Talent Point Conversion V. By expending 2,892,000 experience, you have now gained: 482 Talent Points.
    All experience earned will suffer a 50% penalty until this experience is repaid.
    1,452/3,845,000 XP to Level 46

"
    so Richto now like has ~ 50 exp/ 3.845.000 exp

7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well lets look at the situation in a different way. The court (system/ arbiters) has decided to transfer all your assets (exp) in accordance to the contract(quest) you have willingly signed and failed to uphold despite having already received payment. Does this mean that the other party now takes on your debts in addition to your assets when the contract never mentions it, but specifically implies the acquisition of assets? Obviously no.

The contract mentions exp, as in the exp Richter uses as a security for taking out exp loans to buy extra talent points for his profession. Now its unclear how the local mobster aka the universe will get its own back from Richter, but that has nothing to do with Richter's other creditor, the imp. Fact is Richter has exp in the account which is going to the imp, his debt to the universe has nothing to do with that just as the local bank does not take over your debt to the local mobster when you go bankrupt. They just take your house and car to get their expenses covered, leaving you to sort things out with your other creditor.

Waterhobit likes this.
  8. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    “Even going from level forty-four to forty-five had only taken two hundred and five thousand points. The level before that had only needed one hundred and ninety-five.”
    Xuetrix would get 400,000 XP just from stealing those 2 levels.

9. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thats not exactly how i see it going down. In real life if you have a lein (debt against something) then take out more debt to someone else using the same thing as collateral. What would happen is the asset gets sold and any proceeds first go to lein holder one. If that debt is paid and there is anything left over it goes to lein holder 2. If debt number 2 is not settled then they have to try to sue you for the money, requiring you to sell a different asset in order to pay.

So in this case we have an ancient demon lord on one end, admittedly powerful, but the other end is to the universe itself. Universe probably trumps demon quest 9 times out of 10.

In summary, i think its more likely that xeutrix has to take on the debt before he can take Richter's xp vs xeuteix getting 2.8 mil xp and leaving richter with his deficit. This would essentially net the imp a tiny amount of xp and richter would be starting from 0 intlstead of negative 2.8 mil.

But this is the land not our world, so its possible the universe just loans richter another 2.8 mil xp to give xeutrix. Doubling Richter's debt in the process. I dont see this as very likely though.

I would much rather the universe take this as a deal where xeutrix is going to claim richters current xp pool, which is negative. That would result in the imp losing xp and richter losing his debt. Gotta love that.

PokemonThug and Dragon like this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well i suppose. But isn't the universe also guaranteering that xuetrix will actually get his quest compensation and on the flipside, that Richter will get his just reward if he fullfills the quest? That may take higher priority for it.

As for getting the debt, I just think it would be cheap. The debt is a profession mechanic, its not like Richter actually needs that exp for anything other than a counter or has a debtor who takes a loss if it isn't repaid. He also gets to spend TP which at this point was actually a worthwhile trade.

11. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, so i guess everything is backed by the universe. That makes me think even more that it will go by xeutrix's exact words (i get all your xp) it doesnt matter that he didnt know Richter could be negative because he didnt specify in the deal he proposed. So xeutrix takes the debt away.

PokemonThug likes this.
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The essense of the agreement is that Xuetrix will be compensated if Richter fails to deliver on their agreement. Richter will be rewarded if he fullfills it.

Xuetrix wants Richter's exp, not the debt he has to the universe (as Richter keeps the level we know he still has the exp). Richter wants a safe portal back to the village, rather than one with a 99.999999999999999999% chance of costing him multiple lives or a jojo trip giving him five seconds in the village before taking him back. Both would fullfill the wording of the Imp's promises, but it would hardly be acting in good faith.

13. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Remember when richter made his own quest?

He got to choose all the terms rewards penalties etc. I'm thinking this is the same. The universe doesnt care if the terms are fair, it just makes sure the terms are abided by.

Kind of like in the duel with nien, richter didnt understand the full ramifications of a duel to the final death and Nien probably didnt know richter could be reborn. The universe held them to the terms anyway.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No one talked about fair, but rather what was agreed and what the intention was.

Its likely Richter would either have permadied from the duel regardless of how many lives he had left or been forced to respawn right back into the duel. A duel between Masters seems designed to prevent a costly faction war, if there is an easy escape path that is completely undermined. That's not to say there are none, but all Masters would have tricks and treasures.

15. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We dont have a lot of data to work with, but I'm betting that most of them DO have tricks and treasures. At least the ones who have actively quested and grown their pop.

16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    so how is it that to reach lvl 46 we need additional 1.2mln exp.. its tier 2 thing then
    Ofcource!

17. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, Slay the heretics with Logics!

I will quote again the current or closest mention of total Richters EXP:
    "
    You have used Talent Point Conversion V. By expending 2,892,000 experience, you have now gained: 482 Talent Points.
    All experience earned will suffer a 50% penalty until this experience is repaid.
    1,452/3,845,000 XP to Level 46

"

So Richter now only has 1452 exp, prob by the end of the book its 50000exp/ 3 mil and this is a joke, because the deal with the imp says Imp gets all the exp of Richter.
    Which is 1452 exp or 50k exp lol
    I do not believe its possible to go to the negative exp, It seems to me that exp is like money. You earn it you spend it. Richto has spend all of his exp. So there is nothing to take!
    also another point with debters would be that if you take over the company with debt, as a new owned you also take over the part of the debt or all of it. And Richto can't commit bankruptcy.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter still has the level = still has the exp. He has borrowed, but that's not the imp's problem.

19. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At least there is no compound interest on his XP debt.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Same. You get the whole contract at the start, then it follows you forever until you fulfill it. No cleaning fees, no late payments... The dream

Johan likes this.