The Land Book 9 Theories

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Commander Azure, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Does the war leader badge funnel brain drain exp as well? If so maybe a few more levels in that badge could fix this.

2. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't anticipate that most villagers would catch up. I just want his companions and a few others for his war party to reach a level where they can be relevant in his battles and adventures. At the very least he needs a full dungeon party with enough levels to make a solid effort at exploring the barrow.

3. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I dont think so, but he does have access to the expensive "trainer" badge, which increases the xp everyone gets. He could buy probably 2 levels with it right now if he wanted.

That would most likely increase the party's xp gains by 10%. Combine that with the water of clarity and the much stronger monsters in the area and he should be cranking out professionals soon.

There are also multiple villagers with combat professions, which means they are minimum lvl 20 AND have high skill lvls and experience for combat which will help them not become irrelevant.

great example is the 3 orc warriors working together were able to take down a worm that nearly killed Richter as tier 2 rank 2 + limitless individual with his golem.

The point is they dont have to catch up to him in levels, well trained teams of combat professionals with powerful weapons and items will be effective against a lot of strong enemies.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He can also upgrade tank healer and scout to rank three as well

5. Cire122

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Team work makes the dream work. I hope he buckles down and gets his shit together when it comes to planning things out. I will get stronger by doing x. I will make a special forces squad for high risk missions and train with them by doing Y. I will then use them as officers to make a real army by z. Same for his village. He just blunders into massive success.

Joe Schmoe and Dragon like this.
  6. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That blundering is probably his aura coming into play. Now it's been upgraded!

7. Cire122

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably. Maybe I should put my hope in Randy, the HT, and possibly Mama organizing his nation while he is viewed as the money maker and MOAB they launch at baddies.

8. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Your Chaotic Gradient aura has increased in rank from the Greater to Grand. Your aura transcends time. Your existence ripples through the past and future, changing the fates of all.
    Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

If his grand chaotic aura transcends time. Maybe his constant stream of good luck that has been present since his arrival in the land is the result of his current chaotic aura reaching back through time to help him achieve something great in the future.

Johan, Cire122 and Andrew Lynas like this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if the extra Experience the Training Badges and Potions of Clarity give will also boost the Experience he gets from his new War Leader Experience % he gets from those under him in his Squads?

10. Cire122

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It really is a great excuse for plot armor and suspense of disbelief. I am shocked it isn't more of a trope. I guess being the "chosen one" and "fate" also work but isn't as slam dunk as there is this mechanic in the universe that is always twisting the odds.

11. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We forget Richter has some truly atrocious luck at times.

he meets a sprite that would feed him to a pack of rabid wolves out of an irrational hatred of humans and is almost immediately placed at his mercy.
    He is attacked out of nowhere by a giant monster sleeping under a tree while on the journey to Yves.
    His realm is riddled with ancient monsters,
    some kind of demonic creature has a giant dungeon in one corner of his realm that someone has been sacrificing to, so we just know thats going to blow up in his face.
    On a random excursion into a cavern right outside his home he meets an aberration which tries to force a giant tentacle up his ass in order to absorb his soul and use him as a puppet to get free.
    Digging out some old ruins in search of a bit of treasure, he stumbles on an undead knight and sets off a war with an ancient eldritch lich that ends up killing dozens of his subjects and leaves him stranded underground
    Then there is that part where that giant showed up and decided to kill him, cause why not.
    And the list goes on like that.

12. Cire122

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The land is constantly called a violent messed up place, he found a place of power (super lucky) on top of an ancient power with tons of resources (super lucky) and you are saying it is unlucky this ancient land of power isn't filled with unguarded treasure. Either it would be guarded or gone.

Sure he was saddled with a sprite that hates humans but it was after they chose not to kill him on site like most trespassers.

The monster under the tree his friend pissed off on purpose to get an item of power.

I would say his bad luck is no more bad luck than finding a locked sports car you can't just take because the owner died and last left the car locked. Plus you tried 20 years after he died it's a tough lock that stopped a bunch of rookie car jackers from taking it earlier. "Darn! Why do all these old treasures have hard locks"

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So if you are out taking a walk and exploring the supposedly safe neighborhood near your own home where you feel at least a little safe, get jumped by a maniac, dragged to his filthy corpsefilled lair where he attempts to rape and mutilate you, but you somehow manage to turn the tables after he gets your pants off and his slimy hands have been all over you, you'd consider yourself lucky because some of the other victims had left a bit of bling behind and the maniac had a sports car? Thats not the kind of luck I want.

14. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    luckier to have been able to table the turns than to become part of the corpse filled lair though

15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed.

Might we compromise and say Richter's luck ensures he has a lot more unlikely encounters, and with those challenges come opportunities for wealth and growth?

16. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt it. I'm basing that off of his ability to share xp with alma's brain drain. They are soul bonded and he doesn't get a boost if she drinks a potion of clarity and he doesnt. Seems like the same thing here.

Johan likes this.
  17. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think its gonna be a while before he gets back to the MV. Simon and the other will have to defeat the bear things without him, and will probably execute a few other things as well (research, dungeon dive, level, trade, etc) I won't be surprised if the village is a few time larger by the time he gets back the dungeon a level 15. Richard will probably become a king of another kingdom before he gets back, just in time for the Kobold egg to hatch. He is already amassing items with a bag of holding. That signals he's started off again. I think it is cool symmetry in book eight that he starts with absolutely nothing but his level and skills and finishes the book as a powerful boss. The world is big and while I wish there would be a time gap, allow his people and village to develop some before making an empire, it seems as if he's off to confront the word before the village is ready.

PokemonThug likes this.
  18. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think you are right about the MV having grown in his absence, although I doubt it will have been so long that the Kobold egg will be ready to hatch. The village will take on new villagers when Mama's caravan arrives, at the very least. Nexus talked about their arrival as if he knew Richter would not be there to greet them at the edge of the mists. Also, I think the MV is probably farming that dungeon like crazy right now. Aside from the logical and obvious benefits of making his village stronger, it is literally his villages specialization. The new phrase that goes along with level 5 of the specialization is "Adventure? It's our way of life!" By the time Richter returns, I expect the average level of most villagers to be mid 20's

Here is a question though. Will Randy and Scion allow villagers to swear fealty and join the village while Richter is gone? Also, can Alma or maybe Futen grant them immunity from the mists? or maybe roll back the mists from certain areas for them to live/work?

19. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma has been shown to grant immunity in the beginning of book 7, so shouldn't be a problem for the caravan.

20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Futan can as well, although only with Richters direct permission, although possibly Alma or Sion might be able to get him to do so, especially with Sion being the Heir to the MV?