The Land Book 9 Theories

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Commander Azure, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if there is a correlation between his chaotic aura and his normal aura "you are a man worth following".

2. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The aura is fairly interesting. Are there many different auras to a person or just many manifestations of the aura.

Goblins will feel that your aura is soaked with the blood of their brethren.

Aura of Menace: Enemies may Fear you.

“You didn’t actually put any mana into that arrow, Richter. You did manage to extend your aura, but next time let the mana flow as well.

Does no physical damage, but causes disruption of the target’s aura.

Just as his aura was a manifestation of his magical self, chi was apparently an extension of his physical self.

Life Aura – Each rank gives +1 Damage/5 seconds against Death creatures that come into contact with the enchanted armor. Weaker Death creatures will also be discomforted or turned away by even being near items enchanted with Life Aura.

Which is both spell, Enchantment and apparently skill

You are afflicted with Death Aura! Death Magic +35% more effective while within the aura. You are +7% more likely to suffer critical hits. Enemies within the Death Aura area are afflicted with Despair.

When he’d thought The Land was just a game, that had been the extent of Reputation. It was rarely directly active, but it was immensely powerful in many indirect ways. A conversation with Randolphus though had shown there was a third manifestation of Fame in The Land. Something that Richter had once thought was impossible. He actually had an aura that could tweak events around him in unseen ways. At his current Reputation rank of five, there was a certain phrase associated with it, “You are a man worth following.” Richter was sure that Flitwalker’s phrasing had not been mere coincidence.

2. “I think I’ve heard of you.”
    3. “You seem like someone worthy of my attention.”
    4. “You are a man worthy of respect.”
    5. “You are a man worth following.” (current)
    6. Unknown

Richter made no progress in learning the secret rank perk of Stealth, but one thing that he did succeed at was a practice that Randolphus called “chi hardening.” It was a technique that made it harder for others to learn information about him via Analyze or other means. Richter had to thicken his physical aura to do so. As he already had a great deal of experience manipulating his magical aura with Imbue Arrow, and more recently had practiced using his chi with Stun Arrow, he grasped the fundamentals fairly quickly.

Aura Chaotic Gradient (Greater rank)

Aura Chaotic Gradient (Greater rank)

Aura Chaotic Gradient (Grand rank)

Aura – A field that surrounds the incarnation. This can be seen or unseen, felt or undetectable, passive or active.

Chaotic Gradient – An aura that is unique to creatures of Chaos. Simply by existing, they can affect events around them, twisting the strands of fate. This aura can be a curse or a blessing, depending on the Luck and power of the owner. The only thing that can be definitively stated about this aura is that it will trigger powerful events in the life of the one who possesses it. Pity those who are caught in the web of such a being. A byproduct of this gradient will be that other chaotic creatures and energies will be drawn to whoever possesses this aura. The strength of this attraction is proportional to the grade of an individual’s aura, with stronger auras attracting weaker. This Aura has 7 grades: Paltry, Lesser, Weak, Moderate, Strong, Greater and Grand.
    1. Paltry– Potentially affects your life path and immediate surroundings
    2. Lesser – Occasionally affects your immediate surroundings
    3. Weak – Regularly affects your immediate surroundings and those you have prolonged contact with
    4. Moderate – Affects your nearby surroundings. The strings of fate will twist to bring change to your life and the lives of others. All auras of this rank or higher exhibit a constant effect.
    5. Strong – Affects a large area around you, measured in miles. Your aura is also not bound by physical proximity, and word of your deeds or objects you have interacted with can change the lives and fates of others
    6. Greater – Constant effect on a massive area. Your aura can affect entire civilizations, given enough time and the right circumstances.
    7. Grand – Your aura transcends time. Your existence ripples through the past and future, changing the fates of all.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Andrew Lynas likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that you ment to say that Reputation Aura TWEAKING Events, not Twerking Events, just a bit of a different meaning.

Johan likes this.
  4. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can imagine Richter having the reputation of hosting twerking events.

5. Zentor

Zentor Level 11 (Thief) Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

54%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You all seem to be forgetting that Kong stated 2 years ago that the next 2 books would be done within a short time frame. (Even though he failed to deliver). The entire 9th book will be him just getting back to Mist Village. Because Kong knew the 2 books would just do that.

6. Albatross1873

Albatross1873 Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m assuming this is referring to the number of days that would pass in The Land.

7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kong also created a BOARD game, the land, so if you remove it from equation, and the time wasted for context switching. its still kind'off a bit slow.
    But great news are that the new book of the EYE comes out in June. He really has wasted a lot of time with the release, will expect greater work than the land of Explosive Diarrhea..

8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah next two books, one is book 8, the other eye of the labyrinth.

Johan likes this.
  9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So back in the village by Book 10? (
    So back in the village by Book 10? (Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please)

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No. Book 9 will be a sion centric book, with Richter getting two cameos, one where worms and other parasites from the raw, halfrotten scorpion meat are flowing out of his, well you know, orifices, and one where he gets to meet a new chaos seed that isn't crazy.

Well not murdercrazy.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Book 10 will showcase Richter wandering around with the orcs until they get to the orc settlement. From there Richter will likely be able to gather a crack team of chaos seeds.

Meaning a level 18 chaos seed pixie queen who wants to choose the barbarian class at level 20 (no one can convince her that isn't how it works) that has invested every free point into strength (80% reduction in efficiency means you have the strength of a level 1 human once you have 50 strength), a chaos seed paladin kindir who gets a random debuff or buff (70-30 split) lasting for 7 days that stacks with every theft (with the full kindir abilities to steal whatever interests them unknowingly in full effect of course) and a pacifist ent with maxed out fire affinity that he doesn't dare to use, too large to move through most tunnels.

After that we get to the riveting journey to the orc settlement, with Richter getting another case of food poisoning along the way, and the battle for this new city.

Johan likes this.
  12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    what is great :D

What happened to "The mustached one" book. I thought Labyrinth World (before I know the name or the first chapter) was going to be about him.

Dragon likes this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Who knows :) I figure we get it at one point or another, maybe mustachio shares once his girlie(s) arrive.

14. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is Futen's analyze skill level?
    Could Richter have Futen analyze HM or other villagers?

Johan likes this.
  15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably. He won't think of that.

16. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What about analyzing Futen? What new skills and abilities would it show?

17. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes brah..
    However this idea was contemplated by others years ago already..

Futen should analyze every citizen upon entry to the Village, EVERY TIME(in case of possession, charmed status, someone walking in with potion of change shape etc..), and do it while invisible,
    Then inform Richto, Randy, etc about the seen lvl's stats, abilities, weather is a "new" arrival or existing unit..
    Also Futen can remove curses, so you but cursed boots of jumping for 4 CP, then uncurse them and have boots of super jumping for 50 CP when u paid 4.
    Also Futen has exp of 50000 yo, ha can manipulate/advise you.

With this system in place, Futen would have cough The Great HeMAN, who understood that Litch would f**k MV up. The only one apparently.
    Still Heman had really very basic plan of escape.. not much beyond that.

Johan likes this.
  18. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m way more interested in Futens newly awakened powers and memories.
    I would like to think that somehow all the war points and experience he lost from the Litch battle wil MAX out everyone else. Even those that were in the dungeon should have over flown their experience and war points. I would really like to see how much Yoshi received. It would be great if Yoshi was drunk on euphoria over his war points and experience. I could see him laughing and ecstatic when Ricther comes returns. Slapping Ricther on the back and Ricther getting pissy because Yoshi received 10 times more then Ricther. Then he tells Richter that everyone got the war sergeant promotion and a few others even achieved higher ranks. If Yoshi and Hisako aren’t I hope the litch campaign made them both tier two along with Randy and perhaps Roswan

Roswan did partake in the battle and he also gets a percentage of the dungeons experience.

19. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m way more interested in Futens newly awakened powers and memories.
    I would like to think that somehow all the war points and experience he lost from the Litch battle wil MAX out everyone else. Even those that were in the dungeon should have over flown their experience and war points. I would really like to see how much Yoshi received. It would be great if Yoshi was drunk on euphoria over his war points and experience. I could see him laughing and ecstatic when Ricther comes returns. Slapping Ricther on the back and Ricther getting pissy because Yoshi received 10 times more then Ricther. Then he tells Richter that everyone got the war sergeant promotion and a few others even achieved higher ranks.

Johan likes this.
  20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He stood by but he wasn't 'in the fighting'. He also gets crumbs so far as the DXP goes. At 3% he gained about a single level or two from all the XP the dungeon gained if I recall from that, he is sitting at like 23 or so. The math is already somewhere on this forum in multiple places. As the dungeon grows and gets more traffic, more Labyrinth invasions etc, this will get better and allow more consistent gains for Rosy (as well as investing in the talent more). But until much later or some other "plot jump" like with his trial where he gained 13 levels, Rosy ain't getting shit in the tier department.