The Land Book 9 Theories

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Commander Azure, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's likely that Futan will have had an increase in Strength with the PoP becoming Fully Awakened (Level 2?), so he probably had gained a few new Abilities and Skills, might also be more likely to Regain a bit more of his Memories.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know he didn’t actually square up with anyone but he did stand fast in order to drop the stone. So he didn’t actually fight but he was In The heat of action. I don’t really think Roswan will make tier 2 but it would be awesome for the dungeon. I do expect Roswan to have jumped in level though. As he is tied to the dungeon and it jumped ten levels.

I also remember some people claiming the dungeon would be lucky to reach level 10.

3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was lucky to reach level 10. Specifically Richtær's luck stat (Aleron cough cough).

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t k ow if it was lucky or not. I just knew AK likes to throw out big stuff to his character. With the celestial pixie feeding the dungeon for days, the pure blast of energy which the dungeon directed the portal to, and the thousands of dead along with their items flooded the dungeon with power. From 4 to 14 was a good jump. Now it’s fairly close to tripping over to level 15. It’s all in AK’s scheme of things. I wonder with the new entrances being granted at every 5th level if Aleron hasn’t already planned their use. Honestly, in the beginning I was thinking the entrances could be used for his allies for faster travel from village to village. Now if I were Aleron I’m not so sure I wouldn’t use them for something else.

5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, so claimed because that was how it was worded and we were going with what we had and not what we hoped.

He is tied to the dugeon with a whole whopping 3%.
    In book 8 it has the total XP at 1,339,614 out of 1.7 million to reach 15. Not the XP from 14 to 15 but the total cumulative XP of the Dungeon to date (continuing the pattern from book 7 where it listed total XP when talking about reaching level 4). Assuming Rosy got the Leech Talent the moment the dungeon was born, the max XP he can receive from the it is a whopping... 40,188xp as of the prompt in book 8.

Since Ronald was sitting at level 22, and assuming his and every other standard race have the same level requirements at Tier 1, he needed 59,000xp to reach 23. He's pretty much still where he's started. Maybe leveling up depending on where he was in his progression.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still find it hard to believe that AK bumps up the Dungeon like he has, granting all the Boons he has to Ricther, the village, and surrounding lands and not toss Roswan a signubump as well. Not only have they got a master node but they have a GODS NODE!

I’m not trying to make Roswan a tail (rider) dragger but come on he is the Dungeon Keeper. He has to be pulled along with all this. It’s kind of like the stock market how often stocks in the same sector benefit from the suction of other stocks movements. As they get pulled along with the other stocks for no real reason.

I just can’t see Roswan being a professional builder and like a level one dungeon keeper. I am sure he has gotten the same notices as Ricther in regards to the dungeon. When Ricther gets back I do believe Roswan will have moved up as well.

Seriously, you don’t think Roswan will get any personal notifications and bonuses?

I think it’s nearly engrained into the story.

As I grow in power so will you.

Hasn’t something like that been said multiple times?

I expect the dungeon to give Roswan some big bonuses.

How do you think the dungeon earns experience?

Being a living thing I expect it earns experience like other beings.

7. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think I agree with both of you!

That makes sense right...

ShoughtLoud is definitely right that he doesn't benefit that greatly from the Dungeon XP. Maybe 1 level. Math is math. But he will probably receive a substantial boost in Skill levels and maybe DP's. He also might gain some sort of mark for defending the dungeon, a new Dungeon Keeper related ability, a special token to be used on the dungeon, a Labyrinth spawned reliquary, ext. Or, maybe the God Node will give him some sort of heightened control over the dungeon. There are all kinds of awesome boons that he could receive that have nothing to do with him gaining levels or becoming some sort of powerful blood mage. I think all of his development going forward is going to be centered around his specialty.

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    OK first things first, all these leading questions are really annoying. Ask questions of you have them sure, but the obvious baiting please. Stop.

He may get proffession quests which will add minimal XP but a modest amount of talent points. As he invests more in the talent he likely can suck out amounts like 10% eventually which would be amazing. End of the day he is getting daily XP for literally doing nothing though. That's huge, and the closest Richter can get to that is his warleader bonus for apprentice rank.

Anyone in the village would be exstatic to gain 40k XP just because a dungeon had things die in it over the course of 1 day. He is growing with the dungeon, thus growing as Richter promised. It's been less than a week and Rohan got an entire levels worth of XP. After jumping 12 levels from just knowing Richter and getting a Proffesion. In less than 160 days, Rorshach has gained more levels than in the multitude of years before Richter showed up. He's doing fine, and growing plenty fast. Faster than everyone else in the village besides Richter himself who has his own dragon hack.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Annoying?

Well I am sorry. I don’t mean to upset your sensibilities.

I’m truly asking those questions and giving my refutations to those possible answers. Those are real questions.

By my definition I’m not baiting you. We just see things differently and I do enjoy your opinions. I am only trying to get you to consider other possibilities.

Personally, I wouldn’t be shocked if Roswans exp from the Dungeon doesn’t get tripled. I also expect Roswan to get some kind of reward for holding fast with the dungeon preventing it from being completely over taken. I should also get some permanent modifiers along with bonuses for the other goals they meet. Roswan will come close to getting something for every thing Ricther received from the dungeon. Key word being close.

We all understand how people who are getting nothing would love to get something. I suppose it’s to bad for them Roswan is the dungeon keeper. Your right all the people in village probably thinks Roswan doesn’t do anything. Meantime Roswan is using a anal Thermometer to check all the beast temps.

You are right we have seen several characters grow impressively with Ricther. After seeing some of the results from the battle in the dungeon and with the Litch plenty more should rank up including Roswan.

10. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    o_O

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That was only meant as a point that the Author has made. It just seems fitting as many times as it has been said. With the whole village getting multiple bonuses to help lift them up and Ricther getting the lions share that the second in command would get his cut as well. I also believe that Roswan has to get experience from other dungeon sources not just from the consumption of new creatures/beings.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  12. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron mentioned on his last Live Broadcast that the Plague Squad will show up again in Book 9 of The Land, although he didn't mention how much we will see of them?

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do you think they will show up before Ricther? If so will they try to find Ricther before he can get back home? Or will they wait for him to come home?