The orcs of chaos

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The orc war party seems a lot like one of the MV war parties (maybe terrods), that go around and finds Lairs. Could be the last one is a dude that reports how the operation went. Bugbears do the same, they have a member lurking outside the fight to report how it went.

2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have constantly thought the fifth pair of eyes will be the the new Chaotic Character introduced or someone carrying a powerful imbued Chaotic object. I really like the idea of it being a chaotic character as one should have already been introduced to Ricther that would join his side. I have wondered if it is a chaotic character say he is named Cilantro how would he have fell in with the Orcs? What would make him so special that they might protect him or keep him around? Does he have some power to that effect? Could he be an illithid using his powers to influey them?

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well personally I think the chaos seed is hiding from the orcs and that they foolishly pursued him into the lair of the wyrms only to realize the danger when it was already too late.

They would have to have very bad leadership to pick this fight villingly. While they did do some harm to the raider wyrms, they were being slaughtered by the t2 version. Plus their strongest was in the mid twenties while the t2 wyrms were 50+ and many of the lesser wyrms were level 30+. You don't pick that fight deliberately.

Assuming the chaos seed is with the orcs, its possible they have picked him up and allowed him to join after he proved his military provers. Though considering his talents seem to be stealthrelated I think not.

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  4. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There were a fair amount of them though. 4 + (5 or 6) + (10 to 12) = 19 to 22 if not more people. An unknown about of them professionals, but at least 4. It could have been an ambush as they walked into the lair that they were sent to clear out, or it could be that the tier 2 monsters are new because of someone unlocking all four powers of a place of power.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If the had leveled up that way they would have traveled some distance since. That is seeing Ricther is out of his domain.

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, i dont know about why they were in such a position or if they are in the domain. Just that there were 19 to 22 of them, and a significant number are professionals. They would have been able to deal with anything above ground i think.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  7. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, before their party was decimated, sure.

8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    much more than decimated, but they almost only have 10% left which is close to another form of decimated i suppose.

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How big do you think the smallest of the worms were in the nest?

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it is a lair then as small as one pace (one foot). though the one attacking the still living orks were probably two yard or a league.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well we know it’s a nest as it was stated several times. If Ricther doesn’t walk away with some very small young tanned or even some eggs I for one will be disappointed.

Not that Aleron would be concerned.

12. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Young Tanned???

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol

Thanks I meant tamed.

Although some people might like them young and tanned.

Andrew Lynas and Johan like this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I recall it saying that the tier one were worms were something like six to eight feet long on average. The tier two worms were giants in comparison. It was also stated that one of the worms was sticking through the rib cage of a fallen Orc. My impression was the the raider worms were the original nest and the adults were 6-8 feet long were as the tier two giant worms were mutated from possible exposure to chaos magic. Of course that was just a story line possibility. I totally agree that the tier one worms are likely the same size as a snake at birth.

Toward the end of this battle Ricther needs to dump out one of the fallen Orcs bags. Using one of them to place. As many young as he can tame along with any eggs he can find. While doing so he should enquirer from the recovering Orcs about food water and all the things he needs. I don’t see them having any problem with him acquiring what he needs for his defense and survival from their fallen. I still think his first statement should be an offer of alliance.

I believe the Orcs will realize from the start the they wouldn’t have survived without his appearance. I think the will immediately know that they need him more then he needs them. They might even consider he needs a bit of meager goods more then he needs them. I expect them to be very weary of Ricther to start with. After getting a taste of his power I don’t see them saying no to much anything he really needs. They know he has the power to take what he wants.

Mister Bill likes this.
  15. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I assume not a storage bag to put them in.

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, once he tames the young he could put them in a Santa sack. The type of bag wouldn’t matter as long as they can breathe. I just don’t think they could keep up on their own. He needs something to carry them in.
    Especially if he finds eggs.

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have his new chaos servent carry them I suppose. Or use the dead body part of an orc or worm to make a bag.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wouldn’t it be nice if one of the Orcs were a fallen lordling from some broken and fractured Orc clan. The Young Orc Lord only needing a banner to rally his people behind him.

Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it does say that the settlement is a city (Omru), so it must be substantial. I wonder if there will be a lot of what Richter considers "evil", and will want to save people. Maybe Richter will meet a very introspective dark elf sulking through the caves killing all that come after him :D.

A city settlement will vastly improve his analyze skill, probably up another rank. The fallen lordling can take him to an area with treasure to steal. A buying spree can happen (could be five finger discount, if funds are low). Lots of books, some clothes, enchanted items, and other chaos seeds.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Worms where more likely to have Evolved(not mutated) due to Life Energy or Mana I would think, but I suppose Chaos could do it as well but then I would suspect more varieties of Evolutions then just the one we saw.

Captain BlackJack likes this.