The Shadow Trench

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have to admit I feel very sure that the Litch didn't unlock or even think about unlocking his mental magic until Richter made that initial almost-contact from with the portal knight's memory so long ago.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I got the same impression. My thought is that somewhere between his Ascensions and his eldritch magic he was sensitive to magic accessing information that involved him tangentially (which is some powerfully mystical shit). The more impressive thing to me however is that in gaining access to the mental magic aspect of of his eldritch power he mastered it in just over 30 days. He was alerted to it by someone digging around in someone else's past and he mastered the shit in a month.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know, timemagic so powerful that you can sense someone watching a memory 200 years in the future seems pretty powerful.

In this timeline where he had 200 years and knew that the lord of the mist was the one making a move in the future, why did he wait until after the timecrossing event had happened to start his move?

AndyJ likes this.
  4. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Let me clarify, I think that the Litch pre-ascension was made aware of thought magic from that almost contact. He mastered the eldritch version long ago. But the Litch did not know of Richter or the Mist Lord until he actually killed the knight. He did not start planning for Richter until he killed the knight.

AndyJ, Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oooh. Yeah that tracks.

6. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah, he was likely well traveled before becoming a lich and there are probably some undead that attack mentally. I think he would have gone the mental route regardless, especially if that could affect him as a lich.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And we can trade Dark aberration blood with the Vamps for other rare blood!
    ur working for ur keep Drago here hehe

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I member these tribes can survive on blood and milk alone.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    thats what I call a pure liquid diet...until is coagulates.

10. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mmmmm tasty, blood pudding, and Blutworst

11. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s why you keep the cows alive and drain ‘em a little here and there.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    true, that must be why vamps cant drink non fresh blood, it coagulates.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If that's true then it would help to explain why they don't like Garlic, eating it significantly quickens the Coagulation speed of your Blood.

Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ricther had been given a quest by the land itself. That quest you might consider a prompt over who rules his domain. That was when Ricther was challenged to take control of his lands away from the Litch Singh. Many of us have debated how far away and where the Litches domain was. Was it directly under his PoP or in some other general direction? It also lead us to debate it’s overlap over Ricthers Domain. However it overlaps we now know the mausoleum itself wasn’t within one mile of Ricthers Domain. If it were he could have used dungeon transport to get home.

At the time I had mentioned the shadow trench bing part of the Litches domain. We were told that Ricthers PoP and the shadow trench share both contain a water line. If that Ley line is the same water line the shadow trench could have been the territory of conflict. We know that the shadow trench is reasonably close to Ricthers PoP and we were told that Nien could walk to the mausoleum from the Sepulcher. Could that possibly placed the shadow trench between the two?

After Ricther won the shadow trench pop from Nien he gave it to the vampires although they didn’t become his vassals. At the time they would only offer a form of cooperation less then that of an ally. Would that have resolved the issue of the Mist Lords Domain?

Ricther had earned some relationship points by giving the Vampires their hereditary lands back with the granting of the pop’s crystal. How many more relationship points will he have earned with the slaying of Singh? After all he has freed them from the Litch.

I find it slightly humorous that the Vampiers has lost their place of power when Singh killed their oldest mos powerful member. Then the Vampires acted as if they could defeat Singh with their PoP regained. Even though the PoPs crystal had been reduced to a single level one ley line power.

The thoughts they had to have when they came to the realization that the PoP has been devolved. Don’t you know they would have been doing some grinding since Ricther gave them their PoP back.

15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1) With regards to the lands covered in the mist domain, I think the best explanation I can give for my thinking is in game terms.

Basically there are two maps, the overworld and the underworld. Both consist of claimed and unclaimed territory. The overworld can be claimed by levelling the pop and possibly other means can be used as well. Its possible that factions can dispute a pop claim to their settlement and territory, if so we don't know how.

Its inevitable that rival pops will come into conflict over domains though, a level 5 HT and village would share a border, any further growth would lead to rival claims. While HM and Richter can probably settle their differences, that won't be the case always.

I don't think a Master has a default claim on a region of the underworld. We know that for Richter to expand his dominion down there he needs to somehow gain control over a kobold settlement, any kobold settlement, by any means. The geographical location in relation to the overworld doesn't seem to matter as we know the kobolds are spread out over a vast region.

I think the next layers will require him to conquer more tribes, create new underground settlements, mine resources, and dig ever deeper. Defend, Expand, Conquer!!.

I also think that he will be able to teleport to his various territories by using the portal.

Possibly only a requirement for four power Masters.

Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    2: I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the issue of the mist lords domain?

3: Its hard to say. All relationship points (edit: gains are halved, loses double if I remember the system right) are harmed by Richter being food to the vampires, but probably close to what he gained from the original deal. Personal relationships will go up or down depending on the vampire.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In regards to taking that underground kobold town, you could see it as getting your starter town in heroes of might and magic. You start by controlling the town and its immidiate environment, then you expand to nearby resource nodes (primarily various forms of ore and crystal deposits nearby), you take command of critical chokepoints leading into your part of the underground and (if you are Richter, who has a surface settlement) you establish trade with the surface world for food and other items that are scarce locally. Once your environment is secure, you decide whether to expand inwards by focusing on growing the settlement you have or outwards by conquering new areas.

Richter definitely has to expand.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    2. I was referring to the prompt that Ricther got giving him his quest to secure his domain from the Lich. I can’t recall the name of that quest. It had some statement about his domain. It challenged Ricther to secure his lands if I’m not mistaken

I’m not so sure how much Ricther will look like a good source of food since he has slain their master. That was something hey couldn’t manage to do by strength or witt.

19. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plus he's now a Tier 2 being, they are likely to sense that.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Vampires might find out that Chaos blood isn’t for them. I could see them feeding on a chaos seed and have some adverse effect. For instance it could affect their magical abilities, it could affect their attributes, or it affect their casting.

Mister Bill likes this.