The tripple iron man - stat boost?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Dec 23, 2021.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I was busy working on a sidejob, transcribing audio, and spent 30 minutes listening to some crazy woman laying out her plan for completing a tripple iron man last summer. Which for those of you who don't know means swimming 11.4 km, cycling 540 km, running 126.6 km, which takes between 40 and 58 hours of constant exertion.

So what kind of stat boost would you expect a native would get from that, assuming they have a healer on hand to keep them going and a few stamina potions?

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She was going to do that in a row? Any part of a regular Ironman triathlon would kill me. Ugh.

I’m guessing that a plain old peasant would get at least 5 stat points from that.

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If its 58h so in a day we do this(for ~2.5 days): swim 4.7 km. cycle 225 km and run 52km
    If its 40h so in a day we(for 1.7 days): swim 6.8 km. cycle 337 km and run 75 km

meh professional cyclists do 45kmh speeds so on that top speed you only need to drive for 5h/day or 7.4 h/day depending on time spent in this challenge.

a few stamina potions.. maybe a few boxes of them. I'd say a local would die form a hear attack... you need to be trained for this. If the healer has a few boxes of mana potions too.. then
    Constitution +3 - 10 considering you have 10 as a base.
    Endurance: this depends on weather you do this with stamina at 0 and how long, no pain no gain. form +2 to +10
    Agility +0-2
    Strength maybe +1 if you get a really big protein shake after this.. or eat well during this.

might get a secondary attribute like resilience +0.25

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah apparantly it scales up to 10x a normal Ironman, after which they start stacking those multi iron man runs, though those are not in a single run.

She wasn't that scared of the biking trip and she'd be fresh for the swim, but the run is just plain insane. Running a 100 km in one go is a lot.

Mister Bill likes this.