WIP The Unmade Lands Online series

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Katastrophe, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Katastrophe

Katastrophe Level 9 (Burgler) LitRPG Author Fantasy Author Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok so I'm biting the bullet and posting a WIP thread for the LitRPG/Gamelit series I'm starting (no title for book 1 yet). Maybe this will galvanize me to write faster? I'm really slow (and that was before I was working a bunch).

So far I've plotted out chapters 1-3 (and half of chapter 4) and put together a skeleton of the world and the main character. I have a clear vision of what needs to happen in the book but I need to do more plotting and world-building before I start writing actual book.

Goals for the next 2 weeks:
    • Finish the barebones plot for book 1.
    • Sketch out more of the supporting cast.
    • Draw a provisional map or two.
    • Add some meat to the world-building.

TravisBach and WaywardDreaming like this.
  2. Katastrophe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    UPDATE TIME!

Hi I'm alive.

I decided to start writing the actual first draft for Nanowrimo, so I did my outlining and plotting in the last week of October and started writing on Nov. 1st. So far I'm at 3,970 words. Hoping to crest 5K today, but we'll see if it happens. I keep getting distracted. XD

My goal is to finish draft 1 by the end of November and then get started on the next book.

Still don't have a title for book 1 but I've been thinking about "Sometimes the Elephant in the Room is a Dragon." I kinda want to see how the tone of the book ends up going first before I make my final decision.

3. Katastrophe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wrote today! 1,134 words on book one, which is now being called Food for Wyrms. Also doing some more background worldbuilding stuff, but that's being done as I go. If I spend all my time making my worldbuilding just right I won't get any words done at all.

And I shared a picture of my writing space to Facebook, because why not:

4. Katastrophe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm no where near done the book but I went ahead and purchased a pre-made cover for it. To kick my ass into gear. (Thanks @Viergacht!)

Not going to reveal it just yet, however.

I am currently working on both Food for Wyrms and untitled prequel novella that I plan on using as a reader magnet for my reader's newsletter. I've also come up with some f**cking cool ideas for the series overall, and am super excited to write it all and then RELEASE IT! (Much like the kraken, books must be released at some point.)

....so on that note I'm going to go get some words down. XD

5. Katastrophe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have gotten some good writing on the prequel done. So close to 10K I can taste it.

Food for Wyrms has not stalled out, per se, I'm just at a point of realizing "Ok I need to do a bit more plotting/organizing before I can dive back into creating words." And that I have been doing, it's just easily measurable like word count.

Things are progressing, slowly, despite the brain weasels whispering that I'm not good enough at this and no one's gonna like it.

[​IMG]