Thoughts on Dark Souls?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Damien Bloodhawk, Oct 4, 2018.

?

Thoughts on 'Dark Souls'?

1. Amazing Game

40.0%
  2. It's okay, could be better

20.0%
  3. I don't like it

20.0%
  4. What's Dark Souls??

20.0%
  1. Damien Bloodhawk

Damien Bloodhawk The Thieving Author (NOT THE SAME AS A PLAGARIST.) UNDER WATCH Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, here is why I'm asking about it... My (poorly written) book is going to be based upon it and I wanted to figure out how many people knew about it!

2. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As a book it would be pretty good. As a game, I'm ambivalent - I love the atmosphere and the harsh, but fair, difficulty, but I absolutely cannot stand the pace of the gameplay. Everything just feels like it's drowning in frozen molasses, from running around to combat animations. I think if Platinum Games were to have made it, I'd have been a lot more willing to play the franchise.

But gameplay issues aside, I really think it would make a good book.

3. Damien Bloodhawk

Damien Bloodhawk The Thieving Author (NOT THE SAME AS A PLAGARIST.) UNDER WATCH Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I love it, not the animations, I couldn't care less about that, but I love the storyline, which I think is more important than the slow-paced attacks, which really aren't that slow.

4. Damien Bloodhawk

4%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Jay and why don't you like it? XD

5. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Never played it. Heard lots of good things about it. Sounds like something my SO might enjoy, but we're too busy playing Smash. :p

6. LWFlouisa

LWFlouisa Roboto Artiste LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen

29%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still want to try Dark Souls at least once. Most of the games I've been playing the most these days is Minetest, RPG Maker MV (yes I also used to be a game dev), and Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup.

7. A J Bishop

A J Bishop Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

58%
    xp:
    Zone:
    London UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Frankly as a system the Souls one is a great one to abscond with! Death and rebirth, getting ahead due to trial and error and learning, Deaths take place because you don't know whats ahead or because your are rushing, frankly it's a beautiful system that gives you the chance to reclaim what you lost so long as you are careful and methodical in your return.

I would also recommend this book for reading: You Died: The Dark Souls Companion

It's a beautiful book full of anecdotes, comradery and frankly a walk through memory lane.

Viergacht and LWFlouisa like this.