Thoughts on Dark Souls?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Damien Bloodhawk, Oct 4, 2018.

?

Thoughts on 'Dark Souls'?

1. Amazing Game

33.3%
  2. It's okay, could be better

33.3%
  3. I don't like it

33.3%
  4. What's Dark Souls??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Damien Bloodhawk

Damien Bloodhawk The Thieving Author (NOT THE SAME AS A PLAGARIST.) UNDER WATCH Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, here is why I'm asking about it... My (poorly written) book is going to be based upon it and I wanted to figure out how many people knew about it!

2. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As a book it would be pretty good. As a game, I'm ambivalent - I love the atmosphere and the harsh, but fair, difficulty, but I absolutely cannot stand the pace of the gameplay. Everything just feels like it's drowning in frozen molasses, from running around to combat animations. I think if Platinum Games were to have made it, I'd have been a lot more willing to play the franchise.

But gameplay issues aside, I really think it would make a good book.

3. Damien Bloodhawk

Damien Bloodhawk The Thieving Author (NOT THE SAME AS A PLAGARIST.) UNDER WATCH Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I love it, not the animations, I couldn't care less about that, but I love the storyline, which I think is more important than the slow-paced attacks, which really aren't that slow.

4. Damien Bloodhawk

4%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Jay and why don't you like it? XD

5. Windfall

Windfall Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Never played it. Heard lots of good things about it. Sounds like something my SO might enjoy, but we're too busy playing Smash. :p