Tier 2 Beings

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by SnackBarbarian, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 7 (Cutpurse) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    AK is probably going to retcon some beings into higher tiers starting with:
    Hisako HM is a tier 2 or three being.
    Celestial Pixie queen
    Whatever that dark elf is.

What would Randy’s next tier be?
    What would a tier two dwarf be?

2. Johan

Johan Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't need to retconn HM, we never really knew any info about her.

I would have liked Randy to be tier 2, but Richtær has full access to his character page. I would like Randy to be retconned into a tier 2, or make it at the next level. Maybe he failed the first time.

3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd stock his ascension at level 50 or so. If humans are some of the lowest at 45, I'd bet Randy's is at 50 or even 60. Considering the interplay of his mom being an Undine /physical manifestation of a Power.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Quite possibly ShoughtLoud.

Of course rather then retcon things Aleron could just make it so that most Tier Ones can't tell what Tier something of a Higher Tier is (at least T1s), unless they have an unusual way of doing so.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Celestial pixies should still be tier 1. Them being celestial is part of their race, similar to the way Richter gets more point per level for being a chaos creature. Becoming tier 2 is an individual evolution.

Tier 2 dwarf would most likely still be some variation of dwarf. Highdwarf or something.

6. Andrew Lynas

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Inter-Species/Sideways Evolution rather then an Transcending Evolution to a Higher Tier of Physical/Mental Existance.

7. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well the pixies basically evolved into celestial beings as a race. We also have textev indicating the village as a whole and individuals within can evolve by eating celestial fruit, which I presume wouldn't alter their tier. So yeah, sideways evolution or racial evolution as opposed to personal evolution (kinda like pokemon evolution).

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  8. Andrew Lynas

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if Alma is now classed as a Tier 2 Entity? If she is could Richter Absorb her shed Scales?

For that matter would the Blood of a Tier 2 creature automatically be classed as Rare enough for the Dungeon to award Richter with a Perk? If so he should try and keep some of the Blood of those Tier 2 worm things to give to the Dungeon, would probably give him a pretty good Perk, although would likely also give the Dungeon Beasts improved Healing &\or possibly Weak Regeneration capabilities as well.
    The same for trying to keep samples the Blood of other Tier 2 creatures.

9. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma should be classed as tier 2, she has evolved after all.

I don't think rarity necesarily has anything to do with your powerlevel.

The blood from the worms would be good. As for giving the dungeon creatures regenerative abilities, thats not too bad either, gotta power up that dungeon so it can withstand adventurers in the future.

On a sidenote, it seems Alma is on the path towards becoming a giant dragon. Sure she is the size of a hound (going from tiny to small) now, but in another evolution she will likely reach medium size and then large, making her a mountable creature for someone like Richter. That would be after her third evolution so still a while off, but its coming.

10. Andrew Lynas

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unless her Next Evolution Shrinks her down again, not all Evolutions have to increase you size or strength or smarts. Although that does tend to be the effect time has one Dragons so quite likely that she will get bigger, but noise how much bigger?

11. Johan

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think/want Alma is a sideways or personal evolution, a racial change. But as a sentient Beasty bonded to a master and a PoP it could be different system. We have seen different types of beasts in the Dungeon that have different names and have evolved without being tier 2.

12. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Without us being told they are tier two at least.

Johan and Andrew Lynas like this.
  13. Johan

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Eldritch Litch Tier 2 or 3. I would like to think Tier 3, because I would like to think he was already Tier 2 when he converted Jorgen into a death creature. He already seemed fairly different at that point. Of course there are many other routes to become eldritch (weird, not the magic type) than evolutions.

14. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Whose to say he had tiered up in between?

With the sarchophagus he can grow in power passively. That probably won't let him tier up on its own, but it could increase his level and skills ever so slowly.

15. Johan

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could he is tier 1 (though there was some illuding to it in book 8). Maybe Ascension and Evolution are two very separate processes.

16. Johan

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The sentient wolf: tier 2 or species specific?

This goes more into mating I suppose. If two Tier 2 beings mate, will they make a Tier 1 or 2? I think a tier 1, if we can gleam anything from the Ravager Wurm nest.

So either the wolf is Tier 2 or a naturally more evolved version.

17. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm fairly sure the wolves are that way at baseline, same as the celestial pixies, the angels, the chaos seeds etc.. The land has been pretty clear that there are differences between species and that they are not equally powerful(level 50 bunny vs level 1 dragon is the example used in book 1).

Humans are comparatively weaker than most other races as long as those races build themselves up around their main stats. A level 25 dwarven fighter is stronger statwise than the human equivalent. On the flipside humans get more varied parties, unless the other races start mixing as happens in the village. In which case you'd never want a highlevel human on the team if you can get someone from another race, all else being equal, unless that human has managed to reach tier 2. Which humans do earlier than other races, so a major advantage there. Of course goblins likely reach it even earlier but I doubt there are all that many evolved goblins around.

Offspring are most likely born as the tier one version of their parent. Possibly inheriting a bunch of goodies, but still at tier one.

18. Johan

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like it! I do think the assumption of a 500 CP increase is a fair bit conservative. There are many examples against this, but I think that the progression follows the same growth equation as his Speciaization DP requirement.

19. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well it fits for ranks two and three so far, until we get some text for rank four I'm sticking to it.

Congratulations! You have been awarded +500 Chaos Points for becoming the first Chaos Lord!

Know This! You have fulfilled the conditions to advance the rank of your Tier 2 form, Chaos Lord.
    Do you wish to advance from Rank 1 to Rank 2 for 500 Chaos Points? Yes or No?

The “money prudent” part of him hated the idea of spending so many precious Chaos Points. Especially right after he’d earned them, but then he thought, easy come, easy go. An expression his uncle had warned him long ago did not apply to unprotected sex, but did seem to work right now. He needed every advantage he could get against Xuetrix. There wasn’t much time left, so Richter didn’t hesitate more than a second. He chose “Yes.”

Congratulations! You have advanced your Tier 2 form, Chaos Lord, from the 1st of 9 ranks, Weak, to the 2nd rank, Low.
    Vassal Slots: 1 �� 2
    Chaos Point Generation (CP/Chaotic alignment/week): +1 �� +3
    Chaotic Spells and Abilities Bonus: +25% �� +30%
    To progress to Rank 3: Pay 1,000 Chaos Points.
    Chaotic Vassals can be claimed to decrease this cost at a rate of 100 Chaos Points per point of Chaotic alignment.
    0->1 : 0CP/start
    1->2 : +500 : 500 total
    2->3 : +500 : 1000 total

20. HamsterDesTodes

HamsterDesTodes Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wasn't the cost reduced by 100 per chaos alignment of his vassals? So if he manages to fill his vassal slots with +2/+3 chaotic vassals he would get a lot more reduction, but if he finds neutral or order aligned ones he may get nothing or even negative values?

Johan likes this.