Tier 2 Beings

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by SnackBarbarian, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not necesarily. There could be bonuses to having chaotic vassals that make even 1 extra vassal slot extremely valuable. Ensured loyalty for one, at least as long as the relationship holds, with his vassals taking leadership positions amongst the local chaos seed population. Probably some significant boosts for his tier 1 servants for serving a mighty being such as Richter.

I'm also pretty much certain he will get a vassal slot per rank. He is a chaos lord, ranking up should strengthen the main aspect of the race.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His vassals will outstrip chaos seed killing very quickly if he finds one's with a chaotic alignments of 2 or 3. 1 vassal with a CA of +2 while he's at rank two would give him 24 chaos points a week. Which is more than heman got from killing seeds that didn't have any accumulated points. Yes his are doubled further from his boon, but even so as you said it's not really in character. I think this mechanic is Aleron's way to avoid having lots of chaos seeds come out of the wood work. A couple good eggs now that we've been bitten, before we see more rotten ones

3. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, one vassal with chaotic(2) would give him 2 chaos points a week, which is doubled by his choice, so 4 points per week. Even with 2 chaos vassals it would take years for Richter to get enough chaos points to rank up.

Each Vassal will generate Chaos Points for you at the rate of 1 CP per Chaotic alignment of the Vassal per week

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Congratulations! You have chosen the bonus: Double benefits to you from chaotic vassals.

Base bonus for obtaining a Chaotic Vassal is increased from +1 to +2 Chaos Points per number of Chaotic alignment per week

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

4. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No

Book 8 Chapter 20, near end of chapter

Congratulations! You have advanced your Tier 2 form, Chaos Lord, from the 1st of 9 ranks, Weak, to the 2nd rank, Low.
    Vassal Slots: 1 �� 2
    Chaos Point Generation (CP/Chaotic alignment/week): +1 �� +3
    Chaotic Spells and Abilities Bonus: +25% �� +30%

3 per chaotic alignment means 6 per week
    Doubled from his choice of double benefits moves it to 12. Doubled again from his Boon for starting the age of chaos, which doubles points from all sources, gives us 24.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Joe Schmoe likes this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Forgot about the boon from starting the age of chaos and the rank 2 bonus. Good catch.

So the rank 2 bonus increases passive generation of points by 2. That means that for each point of chaotic alignment amongst his vassals he gets 12 chaos points a week. Or 24 - 72 chaos points, assuming his two future vassals have chaotic alignments between 1 and 3. So somewhere between 15-40 weeks to generate enough points for a rankup.

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I made an excel sheet, it's in the Tier 2 thread

Dragon likes this.
  7. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tier 2 opened up Tier 2 profession talents,% but not specialty talents(at least for essence enchanters). Tier 3 will open the higher level specialty talents. Think he will have to wait until tier 4 for more regular profession talents? In other words does it alternate for each tier?

Part ii: is this specific to essence enchanting, or a pattern for all professions?

Part iii: AK is going to have a lot of talents to come up with when Richter gets his next profession.. Or he will starve Richter of TP's so most of them are never revealed..

8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it mostly applied to his rarer specialty. More common specialties would have tier 2 talents while even more obscure/rare specialties might be held off until tier 4 or even higher.

I'm guessing standard talents either gain new talents for every tier, or max out once they hit tier 2 or tier 3.

Cire122 likes this.
  9. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Easy way for Richter to get her scales. Of course he has to get back or she finds him. Just use enhanced imbue arrow for psi crystallization. Then use the Psi points to enhance her armor again. She dropped the old scales last time that was done.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  10. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She has...but something just tells me that it will not happen til all powers are level 2. All he has done(and its not insignificant) is unlock his powers. As we know from the Ghast pop there are levels to the powers.

Agree on dungeon but adventurers are not the only concern. From the epilogue of bk 8 the basilisk alliance wants the dungeon as well.

Agree on Alma getting bigger. I just think it will be based on the levels of the pop.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Should be around pop level 4, so all powers would need to be level 3 for her to reach that size. I've been trying to cut down on the size of my posts so I haven't included established details such as her evolution being tied to pop level, but I see now that was a mistake ;).

Also, those of us who said her evolution was tied to pop level, not village level, were right on the money. Better add that to the list of items we were right/ wrong about. Along with village level and pop level being distinct things.

Cire122 and ShoughtLoud like this.
  12. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Added to the catalogue.

In all fairness we haven't seen if anything happens when the village levels.

Joe Schmoe and Dragon like this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It could.

I expect there will be some purely village related rewards, an official title for Richter comes to mind.

Maybe Richter will have to write that codex of his before getting a title though, formally turn his kingdom into more than another despotic realm with zero oversight or guidance for the ruler by the ruled. Some level of constitutional monarchy, even if it is merely the legal recognition of the elder council already in place (I believe there was also some form of elections mentioned at some point? At the very least there are supposedly representatives from every race. Not that Richter has bothered to figure out what they are doing out in the open, let alone behind his back), would be a great step forward. Democracy would just destroy the village ;) , but giving the people a say in their own future can be a stabilizing factor in larger (as in more than a few thousand people) states.

Idle thought. I wonder if the village can have subsettlements with lower requirements for levelling? So the initial settlement - the capital - has a hard time growing, but any new settlements under it can more easily grow as long as they do not surpass the level of the capital. They in turn have their own subsettlements. So cities have -> towns -> villages(where the mist settlement is currently at) -> hamlets, possibly broken into further subcategories.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Cire122 and ShoughtLoud like this.
  14. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Does the level of soul have anything to do with what level the monster is. It seems like some of the higher level monsters he’s killed ( the dark aberration and crypt mistress) being special level souls would equate to being their 2. I remember Sion getting mad because he used the special soul stone on the crystal garden saying it was the soul of a low level angel or demon. I ask, because if that’s the case could he eat some of the aberrations tentacle he kept or drink the blood or either for his flux

15. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Eat them, no, unless he wants his insides to be eaten away by its corrosive toxicity. But he might well be able to Absorb them though.

16. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The angel hisako summoned based on the points per level seems like a tier one being. I don't think level or tier matters right now unless AK retcons some stuff. It probably only matters for his talent where he can squeeze more out of each soul like with the baby scorpions having less soul stuff than the adult one.

17. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The demon that fought the lich seemed to be a higher tier. Even with the exiles power and the mausoleum supplementing his strength. Probably just depends I was just wondering was there a correlation between soul strength and tier

PokemonThug and Johan like this.
  18. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True wonder why he didn’t offer all of the aberration tentacles to the dungeon. Seeing as how there’s a dark ley line it may have unlocked that power

19. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully we will read that later. Can't just give us all the goodies at once

20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am wondering if a person gets to a High Enough Tier whether they might be able to get a chance to actually gain the chance to get something like a weakened and reduced Sub/Secondary Profession or Specialization to go along with the one that they already have?