Tier 2 Beings

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by SnackBarbarian, Feb 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know akaton evolution can increase a creatures rank AND tier.

Theoy:
    Humans are rank 1 creatures. They have less inborn power than higher ranking creatures such as dwarves or sprites, but in return have more varied evolution paths. They also start as neutrals alignment wise, whereas higher-ranking races have a starting point determined by the history and nature of their race as a whole.

2. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Do we? Is there an example? It probably can but there isn’t any evidence of it yet. Not really the point of my previous comment anyway. The point was that non-tier changing evolutions are more than possible.

Edit: it is entirely possible that richters spell can’t push a creature across a threshold, but can change anything between thresholds. This would explain the mauler.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Drasius, Dragon and ShoughtLoud like this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that Akaton Evolution can increase/change Ranks by Evolution but Tier increases are probably much rarer, that would most likely require a much more potent and higher Ranked Chaos Spell for Tier increases to be common (and higher then 1-2), although there maybe rare exceptions(?).

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Dragon likes this.
  4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Know This! You have cast Chaos Magic for the first time since your ascendance to the Legendary incarnation of a Chaos Lord. Your understanding of Chaos and its magics has increased. +30% effectiveness of Chaos magic!

Your spell Akaton Evolution will now list the total number of possible evolutions along with their rank and maximum tier, though you must successfully discover the evolutions to gain full knowledge of them.

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Belgared likes this.
  5. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I stand corrected.

Dragon likes this.
  6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seems about right.

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It has just occurred to me (a little late admittedly) that once Richter gets his next Profession(s) that it will automatically give him access to the Tier 2 Talent Tree to Purchase things in along with the Tier 1 Purchase options, at least till he gets to Tier 3. Should be some pretty interesting possibilities there, especially in Combat Professions.
    The same should be true once he gets to Tier 3 for his Specializations because he will then get access to new Specialization Talent Tree Options Tier Up, not sure if he will also get new Profession Talent Options, might depend on the Profession?

8. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another thought about tier 3. Will richter gain another bloodline power? If so will it be randomized again or will he be stuck in the Vile grouping? Can he even gain a bloodline from a different age anymore?

Mister Bill and AndyJ like this.
  9. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he can get more bloodlines, not just one or two more, BUT his current bloodline is steeped in death magic so it may prevent him from ever having a bloodlines that are life magic based.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or he could change it by upgrading it mostly on life-based blood essence - he gains 20% of the normal, but if he hunted down enough worms it wouldn't matter.

I'm not sure having multiple bloodlines is necessarily an advantage or possible.

AndyJ likes this.
  11. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not so sure about that. Death is part of all life. I believe Hisako had made a comment similar in context. Since then I have wondered about. All living things do die and in the same note all things are born. So seeing how every magic has its opposite force shouldn’t the opposite of death be birth? It seems like we should see some sort of fertility magic. Life being the time between birth and death it should have another form of magic called Bardo as it’s counter. What powers would Bardo magic grant someone who could practice it? Would it give you the ability to walk through the Netherworld?

12. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True. Added bloodlines might have side effects and downsides, which might be why they're so rare I'm general.

13. AndyJ

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Since Richter's life magic was completely blocked while he used his bloodline to harden it made me think that opposite magic types can't be mixed like that.
    it would be like the celestial/abyssal bomb happening inside of Richter's body.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I understand what your saying. But shouldn’t The neverworld be the opposite of life? Death is a part of life. Death should be the opposite of birth. With Aleron drawing some from the asian world he should have Bardo included. To Asians it’s the place between death and rebirth. Conceivably if a Christian believed in rebirth heaven, hell, and purgatory would all fall under Bardo.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In the Alex Verus series I believe he calls it the never never. Alex can lay down going to sleep and his soul can move into the never never. He can find others that are sleeping there and he can find the dead as well. It’s a place where he can communicate with others soul to soul. If you get lost in the never never you are stuck in limbo. If you die in the never never you die in the real world. There are also creatures in the neverworld that hunt souls to feed upon. It’s not only a dangerous place for the dead but it’s a very dangerous place for the living.

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His BloodLine could get adapted to more of a Living Dead Energy then Undead, that should allow for the use of Life Magic, even if at a Reduced Strength?

AndyJ and Captain BlackJack like this.
  17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope he's just stuck with the one. This one already massively covers a lot of Richter's major failings.

Ability to acquire loot from not plants? Check.
    Defense he has been avoiding in favor of light armor? Check.
    Stealth skills he hasn't worked for hard enough yet? Check. Now with the added bonus of not being gear dependent.

The man has magic (of all kinds eventually), he doesn't need more pseudo abilities.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I completely agree. Aleron has been very very good to his self character. Items, powers, abilities, and wealth rain down upon Ricther like a Tsunami.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that he will get one or two new BloodLines but not for quite some time and they will be secondary BloodLines compared to his Vile BloodLine that will continue to adapt and evolve into a more versatile and powerful version.

20. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Any new tier won’t show up for at least another 8 books at current pace. Though I am hoping the pace drops off some due to leveling cost.