Time Bandits 1981

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This movie spooked me as a kid, especially toward the end, but I loved it. I think it's because I stayed up too late to watch it while parents asleep and being tired made it spookier? I need to rewatch and see how well it holds up. Only if I get more words in, though!

Have you seen this classic? What did you think? Any fond or frightening memories about it? I'd always get super-sleepy around the huge Lego scene at the end.

2. northernsoul926

northernsoul926 Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

63%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Amazing film! I saw this in the theater with my parents when I was little and I agree, the ending freaked me out, but it left a lasting impression on me.

CheshirePhoenix and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. 3DCat

3DCat Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah weirded me out as a kid, I believe I saw it on VHS. (Obvious 90s kid so it was before my time) Still enjoyed it though and watched it multiple times.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I liked the movie, but to me, it just felt like the end of it turned into...

Well, out of idea's, so, just saying, the end. Yep. All done. Maybe if I make it weird it'll seem artsy? Ok, the end!

5. Eden Redd

Eden Redd Sexy Witch Monster (Queen of Sexy LitRPG ) LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I adore this movie! Saw it in the theaters and gave me the creeps (thus began one of the many movies that led me down this dark path. ;)

6. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is one of those movies I remember like a fever dream. Thinking back, it's sort of like Baby's First version of Brazil.