POLL Tome of Soul’s Familiar

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by Johan, Mar 15, 2021.

?

What would you do with another Tome of Summon Soul Familiar

1. Use it

57.1%
  2. Component for the Core Library

42.9%
  3. Not purchase it from the Sea of Kaos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What would you do if another tome of Summon Soul Familiar was available from the Sea of Kaos?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Absolutely purchase it. Alma was apparently only a piece of his soul. If he has another hanging out there somewhere get that and lock it down.

On the off chance he doesn't have another piece (unlikely but I'll consider it), and trying to use it doesn't immediately destroy it (I think it would still be worth knowing if it does get destroyed) he still has a book that could vastly improve someone else in his retinue. Sion? Possibly disqualified from pixie. Elora? Possibly out from same reason as Sion. Randy? Not totally trustworthy yet. Terrod? Good money there.

If none of his companions qualify? He'll soon have chaotic vassals who would be highly interested in the tome if they've seen what Alma brings to the table.

Andrew Lynas and Mister Bill like this.
  3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So not a good choice for the great core library?

I can just see it. Richter levels the Wise Man (scholar Bae?) copy talent to be able to copy the tome. Hundreds of talent points. He says f**k ya I'm going to get a bunch of these things. Bae tries to copy only to find, that it is already a copy and it can't be copied!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  4. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bartle I thought

Curious how tomes work with the copy talent since they're not technically spell books where the user learns the spell afterwards.

Definitely could be a good candidate for the library, (worth checking at a minimum) but a book like that is worth it because of the effect of its use. Not for holding on to.

Like a health potion when you're not in skyrim. It's useful when used, otherwise it just takes up space.

5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You are correct Bartle.

I assume that it is the next level of a scroll.

6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like spells of to high a level require a tome instead of a scroll, or a qualitative difference

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly

8. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would be interesting to see if he gets another Draconic Soul Familiar and wether that would increase his Reptile Taming Skill Level even more (and quite possibly his DragonMark and Draconian/Dragonman Form as well).
    And if he doesn't get another Draconic then wether it would increase his Taming Level for whatever type of Being gets Summoned?

Wonder wether it would another Deeper Magic type Creature, or even a Chaos Being? A Spirit Beast would probably help him in his use of Spirit Magic, the same for a Blood Beast of some type. A Blood Being would likely not just help him in resisting the Negative Effects of Blood Spells but probably give a General Boost to Taming, as well as a larger boost to its Creature type. But a Spirit Being might possibly be more useful in the long run, a creature that is both of them 'Spirit Blood Being' would be the idle in my opinion, even if he got less of a Boost in either Magic.

I suspect that in time Alma (and other Soul Familiars) will gain some Chaos Affinity and Aspects.

Johan likes this.
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If multiple copies are able to be made, then what would happen when you gather all the fragments of one's soul? Do you get the original Tom Riddle before he split his soul?

But would some of his fragments just be flying off in the void not tied to a creature? Maybe a summing circle of the tome would be better. Keep firing that sucker up until all your bits are back... But would that change your personality and identity, idk.

10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not sure if it makes a difference, but this says it allowed Richter to "cast" the spell. If it was cast once, it could be cast again. Could the knowledge of the spell be trapped inside his thick skull.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    LazorGoop likes this.
  11. LazorGoop

LazorGoop Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like this one. He should be able to write a spell book with this spell. That has to be worth a lot of coin, plus he can make them for his villagers. I like this a lot.

12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It sounds more like the Tome of Souls Familiar is more like a Turbo Strength Spell Scroll, allowing you to Cast a really, really Complicated and strong Spell that a Regular Spell Scroll just couldn't contain and handle.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Making a non-Magical copy of a Spell Book might be a good idea because it would allow you to slowly Study any Spell you have Learned and possibly get more of an idea and greater grasp of how it works, and so possibly help you to increase the power and effectiveness of Spell. It would likely be especially useful after Richter has Researched Basic Spell & Enchanting Theory, and for Richter when he has Learned the Basic Spell Theory and if he can gain a similar Skill.
    Having them in a Core Library would probably be very useful as well.

14. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I just figured it was a very overly complicated spell scroll

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am wondering whether Alma is a Thought Beast because she connects to one of the Deeper parts of Richters Soul Fragment, if so then if he has other Soul Familiars out there then they might be some type of Blood Beast and a Spirit Beast. A match of Deeper Soul parts to the Deeper Magics?