TrollSlayer! Where is our Trollslayer!?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Mar 6, 2021.

?

Should we use all weapons against the ArchEnemy?(read post before voting!)

1. Use Rinok Din and Others!

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No. Keep it locked up!(you cant have mine precciouuss)

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I fun read.. if slowish.. and Basic... meh.. but bearable, at least for Monsters like us..
    Trollslayer (Gotrek & Felix #1) by William King

Who is a Trollslayer?

Gotrek: “I’ve fought chaos dragons, and lich kings! I’ve fought greater demons, and the gods themselves! I bled Be’lakor, the prince who would be king! I crossed axes with Grimnir, and walked away! I swore to die in battle, but outlived a world! Come, try me, beast! Maybe you’ll have better luck than every beast I’ve ever slain ’til now! Maybe we both will!”

(\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)

This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

BLGotrek-Feb14-SlayerCover1rd.jpg
    [Do you see? It killed the Deamon]

I'd have at least 4-10 Dwarfs with Axes. (preferably a squad of 12) Armour, Shield(optional), Axe!
    So The point is to use the stuff we have! They can stay in the shield wall or form one themselves:

[​IMG]

"You have found: Ranock Din. Damage 58-72. Durability 900/1000. Item class: Legendary. Quality: Masterwork. Weight 28.3 kg. Requirement: Dwarven or Duergar race. Strength 50. This axe was forged of the finest thorium. It has long been the royal weapon of the Dwarven Kingdom of Stone. Traits: When fighting underground, can activate ‘Weight of the Earth.’ For one blow, The Land itself pulls the axe downward. This massively increases the damage that it can cause. The strain on the weapon will also cause a 100-point drop in durability each time Weight of the Earth is invoked. The unique properties of this weapon will maintain its base damage no matter how low the durability drops, but it will be destroyed if durability drops to 0. +30% Earth Resistance. +20% Dark Resistance."

Now where are Our TrollSlayers?!

During Blood Stone raid we lost like 100 dudes... maybe 112.. from total of like 600? :/
    [was possible to analyze and understand that gobos will have mercs! form the mind dream theft. And bargained with trolls and used them to attack the Litch! but alas..]
    So losing 1/6.. for what? maybe maybe hide the axe, because, somebody might go to war for it.. when we can just give it away in that case?.. pff.. 100 lives is way more valuable than some Axe. Every weapon no matter how wile must be used against the ArchEnemy! Also who will be able to analyze the Axe? maybe some mage? No one can do that in real life without special abilities. Mage is not gonna live long enough to deliver that knowledge to anyone. Also Who knows who is the Dwarf wielding it? Maybe its a King of Dwarfs! Enemies would run away from him!

Just have then of AxeLord dwarfs.. similar nice looking axes.. let them hunt, become troll slayers.. probably even train in the dungeon. Letting our artifact weapons to rot while losing hundreds... pff what a waste. Who is gonna kill a deamon when one comes huh? Plus now Krom can make Masterwork Axes! from Elementum or BlackMetal something! We have Archers/mages and No real warriors.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Johan likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for turning to this serie , I am quite enjoying it

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    More like 40-50 mist villagers died, the cream of the military crop. Along with a number of sprites, HM has 300 in her personal warband.

I agree Richter should consider using the axe, but its primarily a political tool. A powerful tool, but its true power lies in what it means to the dwarven kingdom of stone and if my guess is correct, to the dwarves of the firetip mountains.

Now don't get me wrong, Richter should definitely put it in the hands of a trustworthy dwarf, and if he has two braincells to rub together that trustworthy dwarf will be Krom and not some random dwarf chief he has no relationship with.

That said, Richter needs those dwarven warriors desperately. They'll easily double his standing forces, and unlike professional mercenarieis there is a good chance they won't turn on him at the first opportunity. Both the hammer and having the combat style is going to bring massive troubles to that relationship.

I could see Krom having to go on a mission to prove himself worthy of the axe just to avoid the dwarves declaring war for it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think in total I think ~112 died: villagers(50), sprites(40), meidon sprites(11), pixies(9?).. so its still not a small number.
    If Richter would have analyzed the Witch doctors memories in more detail he would have noticed & hired the trolls. loses would be 90% lower if not more.
    But alas we probably would not have the dungeon.. or maybe we would.. with 100 troll mercenaries with a mountain troll on which we could experiment..

always easy in hindsight to ponder