TV adaptation of The Secret World

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Video games get turned into movies all the time, television adaptations are a rarer beast. But that's exactly what we'll get thanks to Johnny Depp's production company Infinitum Nihil, which is working to bring Funcom's The Secret Worldto our TVs.

Never heard of The Secret World? Originally launched in 2012 as an MMORPG and re-launched in 2017 as a more streamlined action RPG, the game can basically be summed up as 'What if every myth, legend, and conspiracy theory were true?'

http://www.gamesradar.com/johnny-de...cret-world-aka-the-best-mmo-you-never-played/

2. James G Patton

James G Patton Horrific Pun Master LitRPG Author Citizen

81%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I actually liked the original game, it was different than a lot of MMOs because you actually had to solve puzzles and riddles to open up areas. At least when I started you had to figure them out, since the wiki's weren't populated yet.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. James T. Witherspoon

James T. Witherspoon Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really liked Secret World. I never got to the end-game stuff, but what I played of it I enjoyed quite a bit. I didn't even know that the game had been relaunched. Do you have to buy a new version, or did they just update the old one? I still have it on Steam, and would definitely check it out.

The setting was great so I'd be interested in seeing a TV show based around it. Johnny Depp's name being attached honestly makes me a little nervous though.