Unconquered Dungeons and unfinished quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds like the kind of swarmers I imagined. Deadly if you run, or they can bring their numbers to bear. The mist army should be able to clear them out with minimal losses unless there are thousands of them or they are better warriors than it was implied. Knowing Aleron there probably is a whole lot of them.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Skeleton Mages Dungeon

When Ricther cleared the first level of the Skeleton mages Dungeon he found his First magic core. The Skeleton mage had used the core in the altar to help cast his spells. The stone altar wasn’t that powerful especially for having a core to power it. That led all of us into believing it had gone defunct for some reason.

It was also said that given time that the dungeon might repopulate. With Ricther removing the magic core I am sure that dungeon has lost some of its appeal nature to attract more dead. Unless there is something more powerful farther in that dungeon.

Could it be that the mages dungeon had been seeded as other have postulated. Could it have had another contingent working toward some greater diabolical ends. The Skeleton mage might have stuck the core into the altar himself in some for f vain ignorant action. We know that many far powers are at work all with their own desires. Yet I still believe that all the dark powers are being manipulated into action by the dark courts. The skeletons could have been on a Mission to reawaken another dormant power at that location.

If so what will Ricther find if he chooses to go deeper into the Skeleton Mages dungeon?

I’m hopeful it will have something to do with summoning and perhaps it’s treasures will help empower the Sepulcher.

Dragon likes this.
  3. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wasn't it explored fully? The alter was the centerpiece of the building. That's not to say Richter shouldn't return, it would be worth it to study the wards there and attempt to replicate the wards. I believe its another lost magical art.

Done right Richter could use warded disks as lightning mines. In a perfect world they would be controlled by the domain so that mist villagers and mist workers can move back and forth across them without fear of setting them off accidentally.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If nothing else setting magical traps without needing crafted components could be a boon for him.

Dragon likes this.
  5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure that there wasn't any other parts to the Skeleton Mage lair\dungeon in Bk1, unless there was some Hidden Rooms or Compartments?

6. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

It was completed.

Ricther had mentioned it as being the first level. Ricther asked Futen about the dungeon. Futen replied and said this dungeon is not bound it is fixed. He said after they left over some period of time it would repopulate. He asleep made mention that wasn’t to say another monster couldn’t walk in at anytime.

Ricther could return to find the dungeon repopulated with skeletons or something else. I am hopeful for it to be some type of death creatures.

I agree Drag, as we talked on the previous board Ricther should work (mine) and study all of the sites the have been to. He could possibly flern a lot of information.

I think it is very possible that the Skeleton mages dungeon was seeded for Ricther or for some other dark power. We do know that dark powers are working their evil deeds in the land.
    Whose to say it hasn’t been reseeded for some dark purpose?

7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    At the very least he should make it a place that he or his patrols check regularly, maybe even make it a place for his patrols and hunters can resupply and rest in. Probably add some new locks and minor fortifications to the it.

8. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree!

Some of us had talked about this before. It could be used multiple ways. I had even listed it as a site that should have a scout team to constantly watch it. Creating spider wholes in specific areas to watch certian locations. If those spots being depleted of their magical draw do not repopulate then they should be considered for out post. If they repopulate they could be farmed as the scouts see fit to help develop new Hunters, Scouts, Guardsmen, or soldiers.

9. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Search through the place for any obvious remaining highvalue assets including the wards. Afterwards send in the mist workers to break down the ruins into building materials, lots of good stones in old buildings. Any surviving ornamentals should be carefully extracted and brought to the village - perhaps send in the building crews to take those down and the mist workers for the heavy carrying labor.

Should they find hidden chambers or treasure that would be great, but otherwise it would be worth it just to get the free materials and ornamentals.

10. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You don’t think the lesser sites would be better used training the lower levels? It might take a longer period of time for those areas to be re-inhabited and they won’t throw out the wealth. Even so they are not as dangerous as the dungeon.

11. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Dungeon has levels with increasing danger. The first level has a mean level of 8 - 17 as of book 8, its a good training ground for most of the people with business in a fight as well as recruits. Its likely there are different areas within the first level with lower or higherlevelled monsters. Some risk is necesary, though once a prospective adventurer goes through basic training and is powerlevelled to level 10 or so (Richter has said no one without a real chance will be allowed into the Dungeon) they should be able to survive the experience.

In the outside world there is always the risk of the sounds of fighting attracting something powerful in search of a meal, and the trainees have to move several miles out of their way to get to the spot. The areas surrounding the village is crawling with powerful creatures now, Alma showed us the situation. Plus is this one of the rare dungeons where monsters respawn or is it just some old ruins that monsters moved into?

Hastur and ShoughtLoud like this.
  12. ShoughtLoud

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why let rapidly evolving and powerful outside monsters re-inhabit cleared areasa in his lands when there is a perfectly good dungeon for parties to carry low level members through?

13. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well, if he did let it become fully inhabited it would work as a buffer between the MV and any aggressor that didn’t know it was there. The skeletons mages dungeon might make a good place for a tamed spider queen to live. Especially if she is given a range to protect.

It would also give a location to cultivate evolved or evolving monsters. It will be hard to do that in the dungeon. Unless they create a chamber or room to evolve monsters. Which could be done with the correct items.

As some others stated it would also make a good fall back position. That is if it isn’t re-inhabited. Or it could be harvested as Dragon said for raw materials. If that is its best use go for it.

14. ShoughtLoud

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You mean like the Lair where it evolved Koran Tuskers into an Ebon Tusker? No items needed there, just a little time, some more Lairs and we got that covered.

I could get behind a tamed spider queen, or other tamed yet highly intelligent brood style monster inhabiting the mists as a buffer defense/ surprise troops/ exploration teams, but pretty much only if said tamed beast was in total instant control of their hive. Or if there was a way for the brood to recognize friend, foe, and visitor without it being easily copied for infiltration. The assengai drones didn't strike me as very discerning when it came to their hive interaction, just "find food, bring it in, defend base from not us". On the other hand with enough raised skeletons he could accomplish the same thing without needing to worry about upkeep or whether or not they'd attack the villagers.

15. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think someone has already mentioned this but I believe there might be a portal in the second level of the Tefenium Tomb. We know they had the technology to build them as the Queen Taught Ricther. We also know that the dead adventurer that had been equipped specifically for that dungeon had a portal key on his body.

16. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Such a portal would have to be fairly advanced, but the queen did say she wasn't their most skilled portal maker. It makes a lot of sense that whatever he was searching for would be somewhere down there or that it can be found by passing through.

17. ShoughtLoud

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Another reason to train mostly in the Dungeon, the new tenet. Assuming he picked the adventure tenet, which should've started by now (7 days from the roshambo tournament) it gives both:
    +10% to dungeon point generation
    +10% experience from Dungeon and Labyrinth related sources
    It's like a free potion of clarity with no cool down or needing to remember to drink it.

18. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

66%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I imagine MV is infact going to have clear the power 1 quest site again. Might even find some hidden loot in the process but thats just because it will become a lair again. As far as the tefonim dungeon i doubt another core is present, but they where know as the builders. So it is a sure thing that something impressive will be found on the second level. Might even find new abilities like sions enchantment resistance.

19. Zinga

Zinga Level 4 (Warrior) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ya, I'm really excited to see whats down there

20. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Ricther should have some manacles made. That way when he returns to the Skeleton Mages Dungeon If he finds some more click clacks he could string some of them up from the stone structure. Wouldn’t that be great! Everuone passing them could see the old bones looking around moving and clacking out as they pass. Or he could throw them in the cauldron or the dungeon to be consumed alive and magically charged. That could make for some good potions.