Unconquered Dungeons and unfinished quest

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here's what does not make sense to me. The QUEEN was on the 1st level. Is it not usual the important stuff is at the end of a dungeon? Certainly where the toughest bosses are. I'm more thinking that the tefonim portion is on top of another, older level of dungeon. So it will be tougher and certainly come with better rewards.

About the pillar of life I get what you are saying Cap...but how did that work out? There was a Crypt Mistress controlling the queens guards.

Referring to the cores. The books mention many times that they are from long ago and they way to make them has been lost. Seems that the MV or Mist Empire dates back far enough that they were able to make them one point so why not use them all over the place if you can just make more. Heck for all we know the Mist Empire is what created them in the first place.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  2. Hastur

Hastur Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll do you one better Shout...the dungeon on top of being great to level drops better loot....What's the point of the village adventure specialty if you are not going to use it? Why would the HM make it a big deal for her people to have access if it wasn't best? You don't think they have similiar places in her domain...of course they do. Dungeons are just better.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The pillar didn’t work out to well as it was deactivated. I also think there could be other entrances as well. We don’t know how the adventurer or the crypt mistress got in. There could be a portal on the second level. Who knows what Aleron will do? The Second level could have been he Queens father’s tomb.

4. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What’s the point of having a PoP if you don’t fully awken it or level it to its highest? What’s the point of getting PoP quest if you don’t do them.

The Dungeon will still be there. I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Once Ricther achieves his goals then they should dive all day and night.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Consider their situation.

They were leading an exodus of possibly hundreds of thousands of beings, the last remnants of their race. Whatever power brought down their race was in close pursuit. Now where do you build the grand portal to safety? Close to the exit but still hidden from view, in a place where large numbers of people cam pass through rapidly, or on floor seven of a giant maze that everyone including children and the elderly would have to traverse?

The king and their remaining forces still ended up having to fight to buy time, at least that's how I read it. They were slain by their foe, but their sacrifice also bought time for at least some of their race to pass through the portal.

Hastur, Zinga and Captain BlackJack like this.
  6. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now the question becomes - is that evil still around, perhaps lurking on the lower floors? Maybe that was the true purpose of the level 3 pillar, to keep a monstrosity at bay?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think that was the King. I believe that was the Queens true love. He want mentioned as being her spouse was he?

I’m thinking he was just her lover.

That naughty, dirty, naughty Queen!

8. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might be what lurks in the hole Ricther found while investing his domain.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Dragon likes this.
  9. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

66%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The queens burial chamber being on the first floor isn’t really all that significant in my opinion, i guess it depends on your view point. do the honored dead need protection or are the honored dead the protectors? Should the dead be in a place that can be visited or a place hidden away? Then there is the fact that the burial chamber wasn’t actually part of the quest and could have been ignored. In fact that particular confrontation never had to happen at all. The party could have proceeded downwards with out ever having dealt with them.

Dragon likes this.
  10. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mate was the word used. A queen does not take a husband in most cultures unless she wishes to cede most of her power to him.

11. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could be one giant underground maze?

12. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She could also have several mates and no king.

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well.. The inherent power comes to mind. Current king of Yves has done f**k all with his quests because his forebearers had done so much and set themselves up so well he just... Doesn't have to. Richter doesn't have the same luxury since he's starting from scratch (with a shit load of money) and in the middle of a war between large factions.

14. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be my first thought as well. Add to that the Yvesian armies, mage guilds, and adventurer guilds giving the king significant military assets to draw on without ever having to take the field himself. He can huddle behind his runewalls and most foes will still be crushed by the sheer size of the forces arrayed against them even if his leadership skills/ personal power is garbage. They can suck up almost any losses their opponents can realistically dash out and keep going.

15. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

66%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I got the impression that once awakened the powers stay awakened as far as the settlement is concerned and the quests are about the masters connection to them. I would think that if this isn’t the case then the shadow trench crystal would have had nothing to drain, and the duel thing would be only for ownership if it existed at all.

so the more quests the more powers even if the pop is fully awakened by the parents.

Dragon and Captain BlackJack like this.
  16. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s what makes him a weak leader. Randy even mentioned how the king hasn’t done anything to become stronger. I think that weakness has lent to Rnady’s Nephew falling to the wrong side of things. He is weak and he is being influenced by the wrong people.

17. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s how I understand it. As you connect with the PoP you continually awaken new powers from your stronger connections. I’m not saying awakening new ley lines but new higher powers of those same lines. Like Futen is awakening higher function with every quest. He will continually become more aware and recall more of his dormant powers.

18. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not quite true, the new King did apparently do One Ability Quest, he chose to gain the Fire Ability which gives a Boost to Summoning Strength of Summoned Creatures, which makes me think that he is primarily a Magic User that has a lot of Summoning Spells and might be a primary Fire Magic User.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  19. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s right Randy said he hadn’t done but one quest he knew of.

20. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The great yvesians kings of the past have managed to awaken higher tiers of the Law pop that the domain benefits from even after their deaths, but the current king is getting few of the personal benefits of being a master because he hasn't personally rearned those bonds.

He is far from catching up to his predecessors, and cannot even dream of advancing the pop to new heights to strengthen the internals of the kingdom.

I think he knows that, and if so he may be looking at expanding the kingdom outwards (conquest) in order to establish his legacy. That could also partially explain his stance against nonhumans, if you dehumanize them, make the people believe they are lesser beings, its much easier to convince them wars of conquest and genocide are justified. Yves has a lot of small neighbors that can be gobbled up, but the easy and natural expansion route would seem to go either east into the forest of Nadria or southwest into the plains of gold. Assuming this map accurately portrays the regions and major kingdoms :) - its been altered a little by me.

The contested area.png

The lands to the west of the kingdom are mostly more mountains and the golden steppes. Beyond that are other kingdoms that we know nothing about.