Updates from Geneva

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That wasn't really what I was talking about, and i'm not sure the article really challenges the reality that there have been reported breakthrough cases since early on or that we knew pretty early on corona cases wouldn't go away once we got vaccinated, it just meant more of our elderly, our sickly and those otherwise vulnerable would have a fair degree of protection when we opened up again. Which i'm proud to say we have done and we are seeing but a fragment of the pressure on our hospitals we saw the first time.

The danish government reported that the vaccine probably wouldn't be able to fully protect us before the vaccine had even arrived, which is more than a year ago. Its been well known in Europe for a lot longer than two or three months. We were also told we would still be able to infect people once that information became clear, which again happened quite a while back.

Within a month or two of the first vaccine coming out they started advising against getting the AstraZeneca vaccine(making it optional) because there was a remote possibility that it was killing people in rare cases. Eventually european doctors showed that there was a less than 1 in 100.000 chance of blod clots, and it was removed. Why is that relevant? Because our government and our media kept us informed every step off the way.

People were given reliable information upon which they could make informed decisions. Sure we closed down and the government annihilated the pelt industry in its overzealousness, but we knew we could trust what came out.

AstraZeneca vaccine: Denmark stops rollout completely

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    IIRC at least the flu shot picks a variant and you’ll be immune to that variant. It just doesn’t always get the variant correct.

3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What news on book 9?

And we should move these political discussions to a thread to like /pol

Mister Bill, 2tymes and AndyJ like this.
  4. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Apparently no new updates. Geneva just said so on the discord server today, which apparently has lots of activity.

PokemonThug likes this.
  5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Latest update (in response to a question about new comic chapters):
    “Aleron has been very focused on writing, the the point where the comic artists tracked me down to try to get feedback lol He did give them notes and revisions on several upcoming chapters, but they will all be released to Patreon first ”

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  6. S'ahelas

S'ahelas Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would it be appropriate to ask for a clear indication of time? For example, Aleron probably would have some idea if the book was able or not to come out in the next four months, and he could update saying, "I am working but the book is 6+ months away" or "I'm close I expect less than three months" I really dislike limbo with no information. It would be much better to get an update, even one like, not book this year, than an update every other month saying progress is being made. Because if I knew the book was months away I would stop thinking about it and constantly checking.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll be honest, I'm starting to lose interest in this series, just like I lost interest in GRRM's series and Patrick Rothfuss' series. If he can't release books in this series consistently he will lose the fans that he relies on. Just a matter of time for everyone.

Drasius, Mister Bill and AndyJ like this.
  8. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here you answer your own question by supplying the answer of why they won't give a clear indication. That constant checking drives traffic on whatever platform you check and as such drives small but (across a large audience) not insignificant ad revenue. Best bet is to forget about it anyway and be pleasantly surprised one day.

Drasius, AndyJ and Belgared like this.
  9. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll just come back to The Land in a decade to be surprised that there are two whole, new books in the series and a fourth series as a brand new excuse for delays.

10. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because they don’t know either, he’s already provided multiple “rough” timelines that have been wildly inaccurate. I believe the first was March of 2021, here we are halfway through 2022, they’ve got no f**cking clue when it will be ready. I imagine AK already has a completed book that he’s just not happy with. He is likely doing just doing a ton of rewriting, as well as starting from scratch on a lot of it. It will be an unknown until it’s “perfect” in his mind, which he won’t know till it’s basically done, so don’t expect more than a couple months notice once that hits.

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Apparently he gets asked a lot and must be sensitive about it. He only gives any updates because people are asking. Someone just asked Geneva again this week if there’d be May updates and she said he’s busy writing a ton and doing book 9, the third series, and a little on god’s eye 2.

12. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah i've moved most of my theorizing over to the wandering inn. I love the goblins not gonna lie. They've got so much charm as a race, along with that whole underdog thing. Gotta build up the goblin horde, with ogre mages, trolls, wyverns and other monster races.

Fraerlings also had their moment recently as did the gnolls. So many races, so many storylines.

He'll i'm pretty sure Pirate releases more content in a month than Aleron does in a year. Its to the point where fans are telling them to slow down and take more time to relax.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Geneva just said no new updates as of right now on the discord server this week. Just FYI. Supposedly he’s writing away at book 9 and the separate project in particular.

14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    why the wandering inn is narrated by a beta chick? wtf... i need book. Great book...

this is fucked

Belgared and Mister Bill like this.
  15. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    any news on AK book progress? Maybe hes writing it in Hawai?? lol

16. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nope. Still supposedly working really hard on it and project series #3 in particular.

17. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably means there's almost no chance we get it this year, I mean it went from early this year to mid year. Which we have already arrived and yet no info at all on the release date of the book.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  18. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He supposedly really doesn’t like giving deadlines and only does so under fan pressure. I think that’s silly but I’m not the semi-famous one sending my work out into the ether.

Drasius likes this.
  19. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With a habit like that I can only imagine what his patients would say to him when he was a practicing doctor.

Dr AK: "I'm sorry, but it's terminal."
    Patient: *crying* "How much time do I have?"
    Dr AK: "I don't like to put dates on things until it's almost done."
    Patient: "I just want to know how much time I have to spend time with my family before I die."
    Dr AK: *avoids eye contact*
    Dr AK's Nurse: "Every time you ask him he'll push back the release of your test results"

20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    project #3 series?????