Updates from Geneva

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bill, are you on the payroll?

Personally, I don’t give a rats Ass about project 3 or his gods eye. In my opinion those are just more obstacles to the Land. You can add them to all the other pushed crap that a lot of us don’t care about.

2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Haha no. But I did create a thread to tell folks info I’d like to hear. If you don’t want to be notified then just hit the button.

I like hearing updates and complaining that they’re substanceless too much to be on the man’s payroll, haha.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    well if they provide updates things are moving forwards...

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Only if the updates provide any substance like word count, editing stage, or early chapters, but it's always "writing a lot", which you know is BS.

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully!

6. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, being so vague really makes me question where the book is. Or isn’t.

Drasius likes this.
  7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My feeling is that he hasn’t worked much on it.

Its easier to come up with ideas then it’s to place them on paper. I could honestly say I’m working on something while just creating ideas for the story. If I were pursuing a carton, TV mini series, movies, and writing two new book series how much time would I have to spend on the old series?

PokemonThug, Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I used to use that line when I had papers due in school. I was “working on it” until the last minute when I actually had to put pen to paper.

9. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I PM-ed her and she said she’s seen parts of the new book for herself but they don’t do hard updates like we want. So, we either take her at her word or we don’t.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bill, I don’t think there is much doubt that she has seen parts of it. The cover, the title page, a copyright page, a partial contents page, chapter one, chapter two, or maybe even the preface. I just don’t believe there is much of it considering the time that has past. We would have seen some information about it released if he had much written. Remember people pay to get peeks of it. Do you really think he would make his patrons wait, expecting them to continue paying for nothing. Really Bill how many months has it been? I don’t think there is any doubt Aleron has made enough money on his books to be very independent. Independent enough to where he isn’t concerned with churning out books.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  11. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How AK showed Geneva the book.....

AK: "here's book 9!" *Hands Geneva a book*
    Geneva: *opens it and looks at it confused*
    "Everything is blank"
    AK: yes, but it will be the book eventually. We should do a Facebook update telling them I'm making progress."
    Geneva: *looks even more confused*
    " How is this progress? "
    AK: *confidently states* "it's progress because I decided to name it Mayhem after telling fans that it was almost done for over a year"
    Geneva: " I'll just make a contest to distract them.... Again. "

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
  12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe current patrons are paying 10 $ a mo just bacause... support AK... you know rich americans... anyhow patreon should only pay if he writes at least a 4-5 page chapter or bigger every month so now we would have at least 150 pages or 50% of book and AK would be able to finiah this in 4 weeks. He previously had written books in 1.5 - 3 months

So questions are:
    1. What is AK doing now? What he is really doing? No guessing, investigate!!!
    a. He is translating comic books to chinese, mandarin, japanese, korean etc...
    Hes working on manga video/animation...
    b. hes creating more comics....
    c. hes going to rpg conventions(and he most def not writing then cause drinking and eating with his buddies)
    d. board game??
    e. nextflix parties...
    f. advertising, packaging products... etc..
    g. what is he really doing?

I'd like somebody to ask geneva how many hours on avg did he spend writing the book in last two weeks? 0? 20? 40?

13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, I’m in agreement with you. And I know the patrons haven’t seen jack because you can go to his patreon and see that he hasn’t posted any of his new book. I think he does have them paying for nothing, myself.
    I wish he was more concerned with getting (very good!) books out. Before covid he seemed more interested in conventions and marketing himself than writing, IMO, for instance. This apparently carried on into the pandemic when he could have been writing like crazy.
    I get it because I could have been working out like crazy during the pandemic but instead I got fatter, haha. I did expect a bit more of him, though, especially when he put deadlines out.

Drasius and Captain BlackJack like this.
  14. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Beats the crap out of me. She says, though, that she and her assistant take care of point f so he can just write all the time. Well, all the time he’s not out in nature or at conventions, I guess.

Drasius likes this.
  15. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  16. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m just tired of speculation and false hope. There’s infinite avenues of debate to explore but it just isn’t fun if you don’t have much in the way of expectations for progress. This is now a once every few years series for a relatively small amount of content. He wants masterpieces while I prefer content and progress.

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  17. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yea I agree. Almost positive that alerons not releasing anything this year, and no news at all if and when next year he will release something.

Mister Bill likes this.
  18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its a slogfest. Like WW1 where you are sitting in a trench for 5 yo with no changes. But alas I will post soon here new debates will ensue.. I only fear the dark deep hidden ideas will be missed by so many, buy perhaps a few great minds in here will understand the truly obfuctated, hidden, deceitfult misdirected truth.....

Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Im so god dann excited for the next books but it’s like I am in a toxic relationship with all the promises he made and nothing ever changes and gets better. And when I think of the books my mind goes: „When, probably not soon, still not, looking up any news, nothing“ and I get mad and sad.

I swore to myself in the beginning of this year that I will drop all his books, when there are no releases this year.
    There are other good authors who deserve it more than him to get my money.

20. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd love for you guys to stay and pick apart and admire other LitRPG. I built this place to be a home for all in the LitRPG community.