RANT URAHARA, not the worst thing I've seen, but close.

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga, Light Novels' started by Seagrim, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The last Unicorn was my brother's fav. growing up. I just think he liked the part where the unicorn turned into a naked woman because that movie was bleh at it's best and a mind f**k at the very end.... also it had horrible music!

As for the rest of it. meh, I loved alot of those movies as a kid and I grew up just fine *face muscles twitch unconsciously*

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  2. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ARTAX NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jay likes this.
  3. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

The first time I shed real tears for a fictional character. It was all downhill from there.

Jay and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  4. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And the knight who got murderlasered by the sphinxes who, by the way, totally showed nipples. And the wolf monster, and the sad queen begging for a name while the entire place was being eaten by the nothing, etc...

Oh and the bullying and such. None of that would pass muster today as a kids’ movie if we parents didn’t view it through such rosy lenses.

Jay likes this.
  5. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think the nothingness haunted my nightmares that year. You know that clip played as I posted it. still as effective as ever. As a kid I waited for that horse to magically appear in the finale. kid riding a dragon through the city? who cares give me that horse back!!!

Want to scar you kids for life? just pop in something from the 80's. that'll do it. I watched the shining when I was only 8. those twins man... those twins...

I actively avoided anything Kubrick till his death after that.

Jay and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  6. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    See? It was a kids movie then, but parents were obviously sadists who fed their kids a strict diet of nightmare fuel with unsupervised playtime on the side and a tall glass of “fetch me a switch, brat” to drink.

Jay likes this.
  7. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True enough. The stuff I grew up watching would probably be PG-13 at best. Remember old Disney movies? Snow White was fairly terrifying, especially at the end. And Bambi was pretty tragic.

Oh and the Land Before Time when his mother died. That broke my heart as a kid.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  8. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Forget kids movies. my cousin was into action and horror. I still remember watching the predator in their house. The boys laughed as I covered my face and watched clips through my fingers. We were both only seven! why did his parents allow him to see that AND all of the elm street movies I'll never know. Kindda labeled me as the coward of the group.

Disney movies however... yeah they went to dark places but at least they dished out a happy ending. I'm not sure why but that made it all alright. those other movies however.... I still remember watching return to Oz and beetle juice. oddly enough I was fine with it as a kid, as a grow up... the f**k is that rated G!!! LOL!

CheshirePhoenix and Jay like this.
  9. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Am I the only one who thought Hellraiser was a great RomCom?

CheshirePhoenix and Jay like this.