VR Girlfriend Game

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Jun, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This makes me want to write a book based on something like this. It'd be like a SIMs style LitRPG.

2. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wouldn't it be boring though. I mean the whole point of it is to have a virtual person do... normal everyday things.

Graphic novel style might work if you give it a twist but it won't be litrpg, more Sci-fi or graphic novel.... or hentai XD

EDIT

Watched the vid. The hentai vibe I was getting was totally on the mark! virtual boobs on demand XD

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  3. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It'd require a different kind of storytelling, the most likely conflict would be the game life competing with real life, or the GF taking on less than desirable traits. There aren't many social LitRPGs out there, but as long as stats and game prompts are involved it fits the category. I'm imagining something like this, but with kind of a Sims interface where you can set and advance personality traits and happiness.

4. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You actually reminded me of a manga I once read with a similar premise. (don't remember the name)

Only it was a robot as a virtual girlfriend not VR. The premise was that it was easier to buy a GF then to put in the effort of maintaining a relationship because your VRGF is always happy to see you, never demands anything and can be programmed to fit whatever niche/stereotype personality you like minus all the flaws.

The MC got into trouble because he bought the thing on a whim when when he and his long-term GF where having a tiff. she was not happy to come back and find ms thing in the apartment. It went the choose your adventure route after that with one of two possible endings depending on your choices. You'd either end up with VRGF who is now showing human emotions (though they flat out tell you it's a learning AI so all fake, you are choosing to believe it!) or you literally put a tarp on the VRGF and welcome your real GF back to work on it.

Why is the choose your own litrpg not a thing? You'd think out of all genres this is the one that lends itself to that format the most!

5. David M Zahn

David M Zahn Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Our hero finds himself trapped in a hentai dating simulation game, but there’s only one issue: blowing his load will kill him.

In a world where big Japanese breasts and asses are flying at him from every direction and his balls are as blue as the summer sea will our hero be able to resist?

Haha might make for an interesting take on the genre

6. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Where panty sniffing is a must to keep your life bar full.

Where jiggle animation has it's own AI.

Where all females are priestess cumming to worship at you temple regardless of their species.

You have one objective. Don't. Blow. Your. Load!!!

Cumming to steam 2019.

David M Zahn likes this.
  7. David M Zahn

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Haha this has derailed me way to much, I literally keep getting ideas for this "story" now.

8. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @David M Zahn

Do it! I promise to buy it and give you a five star rating on principle alone XD

Must include jiggle mechanics though!

9. David M Zahn

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Haha, I'll think about it, maybe if I get bored or find myself with some extra time. I'll added to my list of stories to potentially write for sure haha. Might be the most ridiculous idea for a story to ever go on the list ha

10. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With the right book cover I guarantee good sales

[​IMG]

11. David M Zahn

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I sort of spent part of today writing a couple of small chapters introducing this story. Once it's approved on RR I'll send you the link. Though I will say these first two chapters are more dark than funny. This is what happens when I finish my daily word goal and then some for Digital Sorcery and get bored lol.

12. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So glad to insipire someone... to write a hentai parody o_O

I need to recheck my muse vibe!! but seriously drop us a link, would love to see it.

13. David M Zahn

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    LOL sooo Royal Road rejected it because I titled it: Help! I'm Trapped in a Japanese Hentai Game!
    Did not like the word hentai in the title.
    They also thought it was going to be erotica, which clearly in my blurb I said it was comedy but whatever. Maybe I'll play around with it and see if I can get it through their sensors.

14. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Title suggestions:-

Help! I'm trapped in an ecchi game!
    Blue balls and Back (So you can say it's BBnB)
    When the double Ds attack.
    Is it wrong to dream of sexy senpai? (or of Double Ds but I might be over using that)
    No ecchi allowed, the game!

15. Maikel Yarimizu

Maikel Yarimizu Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For added research, google up the old RPGMaker game Succubus Quest.

16. Maikel Yarimizu

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And hm... I should've actually read through more than the first few posts before adding anything. Alternative title....

Ever heard of the ridiculously long-running ecchi manga series Futari no H? Due to Japanese phonetic conventions on doubled-up words, I always thought "Hanky-Panky" would be a perfect localization for that title, though apparently I'm in the minority. Still, it might also work for this little oddity we're discussing. Maybe a logo with the words surrounded by a thick red halo and a bar across the front, diagonally?

17. David M Zahn

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly, it's probably a good thing that this happened. Re-reading the first couple of quick chapters I wrote, I made it way too dark and the main character waaaaay too much a rapey creep for the tone I want for the rest of the book. I had him getting arrested by the police and them locking him in a VR pod and telling him that if he survives he can go free though the 153 perverts before have all died. I actually think that premise is kind of fun but the MC treated all women like objects and assaulted one which isn't the tone I want to start off a comedy with. It really needs a he's a pervert, but he's kind of a lovable goofy good person still vibe. Lighthearted minus the whole blowing your load will kill you still thing.

18. Maikel Yarimizu

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pissed off blind-date with much better resources than he bargained for, plus probably a few gears loose herself to explain a completely disproportionate response to a bad dinner?

19. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @David M Zahn

Too dark dude, you're making him irredeemable from the get go!

Well a cliche in most Japanese and korean dramas is to have the guy be a goofy down on his luck dude that gets confused for a perv by the accusing woman.

The one I found the most interesting is when the guy is actually scared of women and find them intimidating so them throwing themselves on him actually scares him and he attempts to run away.

In Disgaea (first one) the MC is literally invincible except for that one flaw, big breasts, mostly because he's 12 and thinks girls have coodies... flat chested girls are alright because they don't count but WOMEN! ugh... out of commission for that misson LOL! Easy way to get some fanfare yet kept it fun and light hearted

20. David M Zahn

16%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I realized it was too dark when reading through it. He's an unlikeable and as you said irredeemable prick! Will need to rewrite when I get time, but my focus is always goign to be digital sorcery.