Weirdest internet experiences

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by MrPotatoMan, Jan 21, 2018.

1. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ok everyone knows that weird part of the internet you find and realize its the middle of the night and you should have stopped browsing the internet and gone to bed a few hours ago,

So I beseech you all share your weirdest stories or places you've found yourself on the internet.

Alexis Keane and Paul Bellow like this.
  2. Readsalot

Readsalot Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

68%
    xp:
    Zone:
    South Africa
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don't know if it's the weirdest, but I used to enjoy visiting The Best Page in the Universe, run by George Ouzounian, better known as Maddox. One of his favourite activities was dissecting the hate mail he got for his strong opinions and then publishing the mail and his response on the site. Sending him hate mail was a very bad idea, and this disclaimer he posted on his site explained why:

"Disclaimer:

By sending me hate mail, you acknowledge that I own all rights to the entire contents of your message, any images sent with the message, your email address, your house, your car, your first born and your soul. Furthermore, you agree to make your email address publicly available on this or any other web site, and you accept my views and opinions as being right regardless of anything. Furthermore, you agree that it is okay for me or anyone else to slander and/or libel you on this or any other web site, in public, at your place of employment, or anywhere else in this or any other universe and/or dimension. Know that sending me hate mail is a request for character defamation, endless belittling and excessive mockery. You may not sue me for any reason, ever, and this disclaimer is subject to change without notice, and you are still subject to the rules regardless of any changes made. If you do not agree with these rules, then don't send me hate mail."

3. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For me that's Youtube. They recommend you stuff on the side of page so you go from listening to (It's my Life) to another song then to something like an animated short.

30 minutes later you're watching something like this

Warning. Panties and cringe involved!

4. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    47418CCA-91C3-488B-A55C-939E5BDC6AEC.png Ha! That movie was terrible and hilarious in equal measure.

5. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I feel violated...

Seagrim and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  6. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have a feeling this thread is going straight to the annals of WTF JAPAN OH GOD MY EYES PASS THE BLEACH

Alexis Keane likes this.
  7. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes. Yes, it is.

CheshirePhoenix and Alexis Keane like this.
  8. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    edit

It went straight to the annals of oh Japan :p

In a good way?

9. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, we’re only brushing up against the cesspool that is WTF Japan. There’s truly much weirder shit out there, just waiting to be found so it can haunt the deepest recesses of your brains.

Alexis Keane likes this.
  10. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alexis Keane likes this.
  11. Kidlike101

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And now all those nigerian princes I've been ignoring know where I live, thanks a lot buddy :mad:

Paul Bellow and Alexis Keane like this.
  12. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ;)

Paul Bellow likes this.
  13. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well. yeah. Japan is bloody off the wall. What can you expect from a country where all of the metro areas are a millimeter away from a psychotic break.

When i used to actively wander the conspiracy theory and occult sites, I ran accrossa few that were odd and strange. Did you know that reptoids were behind the Battle of Bannockburn. You know it's always going to be a fun one when they have a big eye in the pyramid graphic. I would find womeof the best adventure hooks for gaming sessions from those sites. Not really to be undersold if you're looking for something really strange that can turn into a nice gaming or story arc.

I still have a folder I call the Netronomicon, where I keep weird links like that, but, it's mostly just a few occult sites for research and reading at this point. This was when I was running Cyberpunk 2020 homebrew.

Because,the Dark Future is much darker than you realize, chummer.

DARK-CONSPIRACY.jpg

Alexis Keane likes this.
  14. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think anything's topping Tapeworm Girl. There's just something so viscerally wrong about intestinal parasites, but actually watching one crawl out someone's ass? Good lord. Actually nauseating.

Well, there was also Dnepropetrovsk maniacs. I remember seeing that one before learning about its infamous reputation (how I don't know) and thinking "Wow, it's like A Clockwork Orange but gorier and actually Russian and real".

Alexis Keane likes this.
  15. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some of my friends are furries . . . I've seen things, man.

Seagrim and Alexis Keane like this.
  16. Alexis Keane

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like, actual fursuit furries? Or is it just like cat/fox ears and stuff? Or somewhere in the middle... you know... those tails...

17. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty much the whole spectrum.

Alexis Keane likes this.
  18. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I knew someone in that community and I saw some of the videos.

Might explain where my sanity stat is right now.

19. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned the Shi’a Laboeuf song yet.

20. Joshua Mason

Joshua Mason Steam Whistle Alley LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen

76%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Creeping through your window, Shia Leboeuf