What book 9 must have

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by bnaz, Aug 23, 2021.

1. bnaz

bnaz Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There are a few things that, if book 9 does not have, will make me lose it.

1) story lines involving the mist village perspectives.

2) dungeon diving.

3) richter making it back to the MV.

the strength of the land books are the cast of characters. Richter solo is not enough at this point. While I want to venture beyond the forest of nadria, I don’t want to lose the other characters as a result.

the dungeon has become a beast after the lich battle and I want to see it in action. Specifically I want to see the bugbear adventurers get owned.

I also want to see richter return, hopefully with another chaos seed in tow. He has become a physical freak and I want to see people react. I do think it’s possible AK has richter bump down to level 1. This will enable him to become more powerful in the long run and also deal with an issues of him being over powered in the short term. Not sure how I feel if that happens but I’m willing to give it a chance if it does.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly, I doubt we get to see Richter back in the Mist Village. My money is on AK ending the book with Richter coming home and dropping some cheesy one-liner like “I’m back bitches” or “daddy’s home”. Here’s to hoping at least God’s Eye 2 will follow shortly.

3. bnaz

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I could see that. It definitely feels in keeping with his style as an author. But if we don’t get any story lines involving the other characters in the book, I’m going to riot.

Drasius likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    More likely to see Bk9 ending with Richter getting the Wand and either just before he gives it to the Imp or with finding something out about the Wand that means he has to decide whether or not too give it to the Imp? I wouldn't be surprised to see Richter not getting to the MV till either early Bk10 or more like mid Bk10.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Which is really unfortunate because it’s been over 3 years since we’ve had any substantial new content from the Mist Village. If he doesn’t give the village much book time it will likely be 4-5 years between any substantial MV updates/progression, which in a kingdom building series is a travesty.

Drasius and Belgared like this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm hopeful the third series is set in the village. We only got some very small cameos in book 9, just the overlapping events really.

Mister Bill and Belgared like this.
  7. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that we really need is the rewards of the village from the battle with the lich, as well as the progression and advancements for all the major characters within the village. Like to see what research they have gotten as well as if any new building were built, the effects of the buildings, such as the barracks. Which have the option to train new units such as the fairy unit.

Drasius likes this.
  8. bnaz

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    also find out who ultimately lived and died.

Drasius likes this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A). An increase in his Herb Lore Skill Level so that he's nearer to Professing in it.

B). For him to somehow gain the Mining Skill.

C). For him to Learn the Ogre Language. Maybe other Languages (written &/or spoken) of other Races while in the Ogre Town, both UnderDark and Surface.

D). Gain some possible Allies while in the UnderDark.

E). Make significant progress in his Chaos Flux Tier 2 Quest.

For Richter to Learn some new Skills is of course a Must. Medium and Heavy Armour Skills from Armour picked up from the dead Orc's for instance, assuming the living Orc's don't stop him.
    Some new Spells would be nice, especially Fire Magic (under represented) and if he could Learn Thought Magic all the better (unlikely in this book I suspect).
    Learn some more and different Survival, Exploration and Wilderness type Skills so that he can live more comfortably if he ends up in a similar situation of being without Equipment and Allies in the future. Weapon, Armour, Equipment and Clothing Repair & Maintenance Skills would be good to get as well.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm pretty sure on one of the Facebook post (a while back) AK said Richter would be back in the MV in book 9. I agree with all of your points for book 9 btw.

The 3rd project in my opinion has to be a dungeon book.

I really hope (and this may be too much for one book, because I assume the bug bear battle is on cue) is that he can unify the khan. And get his village to level 2. AK always comes up with interesting shit when it come to rewards.

I also want to know if it's still necessary to sacrifice things to the dungeon now that the dungeon can produce dungeon reliquaries. Wouldn't the dungeon be able to produce... everything.

LazorGoop and Drasius like this.
  11. Legend-Dairy-Reader

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Any idea when he posted that? I’d love for it to be true!

Drasius likes this.
  12. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Definitely true. I don't remember the fb post, but it had to be last year sometime. This was with the original Dec deadline for book 9.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Richters Dungeon can only Produce things that it has Absorbed and Learnt via Sacrifice to the Font (100% Learning chance, as long as a special Room isn't needed, if it is needed but the Dungeon doesn't have it yet the Sacrifice fails) or by having something Dropped in it and left long enough for it to be Absorb (but the chance of successfully Learning it is much, much smaller (although the success chance may well be higher for learning new Beasts). This can most likely work for Labyrinth Dropped Items and possibly the contents of Labyrinth Reliquaries as well(?).
    A third way of Learning things seems to be for Beast and for them to be Killed and Absorbed by the Blue Sands and Vines, don't know if it would work for other things that might get dropped into them, but I suspect either not or an incredibly small success rate.

14. 2tymes

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I understand how the dungeon learns my thought is that the dungeon is going to produce the loot balls, with the options of the labyrinth. So if the dungeon has the "blueprint" to create labyrinth loot. Does it "learn" those things as well?

But I don't want to change the nature of this thread because I think it's a good one. I have tons of things I looking forward to in book 9.

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that it can't automatically Learn Labyrinth Loot Balls BluePrints, if the content of a Labyrinth Beasts/Monsters Loot Ball is Sacrificed or left for the Dungeon to Absorb then it could Learn them, otherwise I suspect that learning those BluePrints may be part of what the Dungeon Store might be for? It can probably be used to Purchase certain Loot Options.
    The Dungeon Store can also probably be used to Purchase Options for Rooms, Beasts, Resources, Bonuses, ect. But this is just a surmise (guess).
    It might also be that the Dungeon can in time send it's own Beasts out into the Labyrinth and other Dungeons to find and collect things for it to Learn from them?
    Plus of course Labyrinth Loot dropped from Slain Adventurers that get things from the Labyrinth and other Dungeons.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  16. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    1. For myself I would like to see Ricther make friends of the Orcs and bring them into his fold. I’m also eager to see what or who the source of chaos was.

2. Book nine should also give some insight into the Mist Village. Aleron should give us a segment or two on the happenings there.

3. I hope it also includes a look into Mamas caravan heading to the village. That would be a great way to start the introduction of some new characters.

4. I would also like a look into the dungeon and Roswans dungeon repairs and upgrades.

5. I will continue to be disappointed if we don’t see more of the affects from the Litch battle on the village and dungeon. It would be cool to hear about everyone else leveling up.

6. Other then that I want to know why in the world ogres are living in an underground fortifications?

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  17. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I doubt he’ll be back to the MV and if he is it’ll be just a chapter or so at most. It’ll probably switch to their POVs for a chapter here and there, though. Probably.
    Maybe even one or two from the new Chaos Seed’s perspective.

18. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    2 new golems one flesh another one flying/water/dark based

Retriving floating loot ball from Mauler, finding Black Ice.

Trading for a lot of new stuff with orcs.. offer them teeth.

Ship, flying ship.

Core being sacrificed to the dungoen.

19. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No no on the flesh golem. He needs to save the flesh.
    Please no flying ship yet either. Ricther needs a few books with river and sea voyages first.

Mister Bill likes this.