What book 9 must have

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by bnaz, Aug 23, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron is very well aware of this preposition, I have it on a very good authority. Actually two.
    Weather or not.. is irrelevant the usage of the core in the best possible way is tho... f.e. build a core shipyard-> build ship/finish it. dismantle the core shipyard. build core crafters table-> craft stuff.. dismantle-> build core etc...

2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    why save flesh if he can cook it and eat it?!
    Why not eat if is food is life?!
    Eating is living?
    Why die?
    Why????!!!

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Checks and balances.

4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A golem isn’t all that. Golems are known in the Land to be tough but what did Beyan say about the bones of the creature he desperately wanted. He also was desperately trying not to let anyone know what type of creature they were from due to it being so crazy strong. Being capable of absorbing other creatures qualities. Although I’m not so sure thats what I would want to give flesh to.

5. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You do have a point here, We will see how many resources we will get away after we sac the dead and harvest the rest. Also
    I'd love to give some body parts of the Mauler to the Beyans Pet as well as some parts form the Litch hehe... still eldrich magic might be too salty for the pet

6. FlyingDutchman

FlyingDutchman Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter getting back to the village depends on the length of the book..

If it's normal land length... Then No... The book will end right as he gets to the village. (Actually my guess is that Richter will end up killing the head-honcho Oger which will complete his town level up quest because the ogre town is TECHNICALITY a level of the catacombs... WHICH will in turn expand the towns radius far enough for Richter to port home... THUS the demon will have technically kept his word about giving Richter a way home without actually having to do anything in true demon fashion.)

If the book is Predators length... Then i could see him getting home as early as 1/2 way through the book. That's obviously my hope, but I doubt it will happen.

What I'm really looking forward to is finding out what Profession and Specialization all his companions choose. Richter got something like 500,000 XP from completing all his lich quests. That means all his companions should be WELL into the mid-thirties level wise. Sion should be able to get both his profession and Specialization at the same time... Alora will def be able to choose a specialization.. Terrod.. I'm not sure about.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm still waiting for the imp to create a portal the size of a pinhead and calling that Richter's way home.

8. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They’ve already stated multiple times that book 7 was a one-off, that doesn’t mean it won’t be longer than average but I would never expect that again (unless a book 14 ever comes out)

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dang. I’d like one near that length but without any filler. I wouldn’t mind a smaller length of book as long as the filler is cut out and some progress is made.

Drasius likes this.
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hate the word filler. It is disrespectful to authors and creators, implying that their creations are filled with crap. Which would obviously never happen ;)

Belgared likes this.
  11. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ha! I read a bit on webnovel and man are they bad about filler there.

Personally I don’t think that you should repeat stuff a ton from earlier in the series in book 8. People aren’t picking up the series midstream, AFAIK.

Drasius likes this.
  12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No but some people only read a series once. Some of the key elements have to be repeated.

I'll admit Aleron can go too far with it.

AndyJ, Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  13. bnaz

bnaz Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    you keep pushing this idea of using the core then removing the core to use it some other way. It’s not going to happen. If for no other reason than because it would be obnoxious and bad story telling.

14. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Optimal algo, thats what I'd do if etc... and if not etc.. then not do it.. But trying multiple buildings is a great way to get extra stats for the items built(Ship.. rings, Golem.. whatever), also we do get back the ingredients too(f.e. Stone coffin of the undead god.)
    If this is bothersome or not is dependent on how the story is told, AK could and would make it work. But the biggest challenge here is not making MV & MC too OP because then reading becomes boring and basic. I have no problem with complexity, if a Great author writes it its fine. I do however now start to suspect that AK might have dummbed the book down a notch to appeal to a broader audience $$$

15. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thing is do the items still retain their bonus' and stats if the core item gets destroyed? Because if these items are dependent on the core buildings, than it wouldn't even be feasible.

Mister Bill likes this.
  16. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was more worried about the umm damage to "Morale" cause : "hey everybody we have a core building!!!"+500 "Oh we lost it... :("-500

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly.

18. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some of the Webnovel series are like DBZ episodes.
    "Last time one Dragonball Z!" for 5 minutes........2 minute intro song.....5 minutes of new footage........."Next time on Dragonball Z!" for 5 minutes ........2 minute outro song. End of episode.

Mister Bill likes this.
  19. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Too true. Sometimes multiple chapters for a single fight and the action is supposed to be lightning quick in actuality but it takes paragraphs to describe. Over and over.

20. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter should go back and ghost harvest the mauler, and any undead bodies he can find. The liches lair ruins would power level his blood line. I would also like to see him ghost harvest the demon and the icorpede mother.

Getting back black ice is a must, mostly because I want to see what changes the maulers death caused, and because he is going to need it to kill that icorpede brood mother.

If a roswan book is in the works I wouldn’t mind so much if richter didn’t reach the village in book 9. A roswan book would likely tell us everything we have been itching to know about the village, except alma.

more golems and more item creations using unusual mats. I want to see him level his crafting skill.

At least one new chaos spell and a new type of magic.

New spirit magic spells. Only type that has had no growth.

a new super item of limited use like blood stones, seed cores, and magic cores.

I would like to see him at least learn of a new form of soul magic like summon souls familiar.

finishing that flux quest.

it would be hilarious if richter accidentally killed the scourge queen

Captain BlackJack likes this.