What book 9 must have

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by bnaz, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thought Magic and Increase his Herb Lore Skill.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dance skill - .2 to flexibility, 0.2 to precision
    Subskill - shaman dancing (Must be naked, must have magical tattoos) + 5% to spell strength per level for magic cast through dance

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  3. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Iron Stomach - Sub-Skill of Cooking - Increases Resistance to Food Poisoning (both Food Based Poisons, Illnesses & Parasites) by 0.2 per Level and Increases Capability to Breakdown & Digest Foods that normally either can't be easily Digested or are difficult to Stomach by 0.3 per Level and Improves Nutrients Absorption by 0.1 per Level.

Richter Absorbs something that can Potentially gives him Improved Senses in Weak Basic Sonar & Thermal Vision, Low Light/Twilight Vision & a slight boost into Ultra Voilet range and a strongly Enhanced Sense of Smell.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Orc tribe, yeah I can see him getting a magic tattoo from them. Definitely would like to see them introduced. I hope they will be more impressive than stamina/mana/health recovery. Though I would accept an actual regeneration effect.
    Possible tats.
    Dark vision
    Thermal vision
    Chitinous carapace
    Jump
    Water breathing
    Ultrasound sight(tattoo around ears)(sonar)
    See magic
    Elemental resistances.
    Attribute surge (temp bonus to attribute)
    Chameleon
    Enhancing basic senses.
    The possibilities are … limitless

Dragon likes this.
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see some other styles of magic apart from mumbling spells and waving your hands. Maybe more advanced casting types with greater power/ effectiveness but slower casting times? Dance magic might build up real slow compared to other types of casting at the same spell tier, but have greater power, lower cost or even build up a power pool from other dancers.

6. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We have seen ritual magic (I think) the seed core blessing sounded kinda ritual like. Though I agree that other methods of doing things would be cool to see.

Drasius likes this.
  7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bardic/Minstrel Magic as well, Psionics and Chi Powers.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see Ricthers Bard working with the Minstrel and a Pixie singing by night. Then passing intel by day. Pixie songs could make a great big difference. The magic that they use being able to effect large groups of people should be extremely effective in cities like law. I would expect songs for anger, fear, songs of seduction, battle songs, along with their songs of morning. It’s possible that they might have songs that provoke the people to be more social, that encourages other to be truthful and with the new Dark pixies they might have songs that encourage dubious thoughts.

Drasius likes this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aleron has said that we will be seeing more of Alma, Sion and others at the Village in Book 9, even if or if not he doesn't get back to the Village in that Book.

If he does get the Wand then maybe have Richter but the Alter Enchantment Talent and the False Information and Cursed Enchantment Talents (and maybe the Group Specific Talent?) and then Curse the Wand so that Xehtrix gets Cursed by it.

He should definitely check to see if the Wand is already Cursed before he tries Equipping it himself.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
    Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  10. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If we are getting into ki powers how would body tempering work? Cause tempering with the death element sounds kinda like suicide.

Drasius likes this.
  11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Technically his Blood Line has sort of Tempered his Body with Death Mana. Also their are living creatures that are Death creatures, The Bile Rats for instance, so it isn't automatically deadly to living creatures. So it might be possible. But I would think that Tempering probably would require both Internalizing and Merging Mana Energy and Chi (Stamina Energy) within one's body via the right Technique/Method.

Chi power in The Land seems to be the Utilisation of Stamina Energy to create special effects. At least so it seems for certain Sub-Skills and with Cloud Running, but there might well be more to it then that.

I am wondering how many Monk & Martial Arts(/Unarmed Combat Techniques) are Chi(/Stamina) focused and powered, although there are probably some that also Externalize Mana from the body as well.
    If Richter was to learn how to deliberately use Chi stamina energy to boost his Body then he might be offered a Chi focused Profession if he gets that Skill high enough.

I also wonder if there is a connection between Ki energy and the Fury Energy the Barbarian Goblin had access to?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2022
    Drasius likes this.
  12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's just occurred to me that if Richter was to Convert Rocks/Stones with a very strong Element Mana held within it into Crystal then he might well be able to make Mana Charged Crystal Dust. For instance if he was to Convert Rocks that hold a very strong amount if Dark, Death or Fire Mana (like a Stone version of the Tier Two Metals DarkStone & Necronium) then he could create Dark, Death, Fire, ect, Crystal Dust for Enchanting and so strengthen any Enchantments of the same Mana Element.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am wondering if Richter might have gained any Field Promotions during the fight at the Mausoleum and what they might be when Yoshi gives them to him? Presumably they would either revolve around Undead in some way, or achieving impossible victories against insurmountable odds, or bonuses against the minions of Exiles/Originals from the Courts.
    But even if he has gained any it's unlikely he will get them in Book 9, maybe Book 10.

Wonder what the chances of Richter coming across any Sprites when he his in the Depths, either Forest Sprites looking for the Eaters or some Deep Sprites (sprite sub-species that live in the UnderDark). Probably really, really small, but might be an interesting way to get a New Sprite Species Meidon.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    Drasius likes this.
  14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It occurs to me that the Mist Villages Ships future Captain may well be either a Wave Sprite Meidon or a relative of one? Would be are way to both get an experienced Sailor as Captain, ensure their Loyalty and maybe also get experienced crew(also related Wave Sprites). But extremely unlikely to happen in Book 9, unless it happens of screen or as part of a breathly mentioned aside vignette or in the Epilogue.
    I'm pretty certain that we will get at least one Wave Sprite eventually. But for the fifth Sprite Species if not Deep/Cave Sprite then what type? Swamp Sprite maybe?

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What must happen in Book 8 is that Richter should find out more about the Eaters while he is underground, quite possibly from when he is in the Ogre Warlords Town, or even possibly from the Orc's ( assuming they don't all end up dead) or from the mysterious 5th set of Eyes?

I'd also like to see Sion take his Professional Trail for Archery, if not in Book 9 then in Book 10.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  16. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Snow or tundra sprite is a possibility. Plains sprite? possibly called sky sprites? From living under all that big sky

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Known Sprite types --> Forest, Wood, Hill, Swamp, Dune and Wave (possibly coastal, deep water and river/lake varieties?).

Most likely to Exist Sprite Types --> Snow(/Ice), Mountain, Steppe(GrassLand-Plain), Tundra(snowy grassland), Fire(Volcanic), Desert, Jungle, Cave, Cavern, Deep, Marsh, ect.

Possible Sprite varieties --> Sub-Urban & Urban, Farmer, Wing (close bond with Flying creatures&Mounts), Aquatic, Bog, Dale, ect.

Unlikely but possible types of Sprites --> Grave, Star, Moon, Sun, Dark, ect.

18. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have we said “a release date”?

19. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There are still things out there that say mid 2021....No one can draw out a book launch like Aleron can.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  20. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It’s fairly amazing. Apparently he gives dates because people bug him about it but these past few years he’s super far off. Just…why give a time period when you’re go past it by a year?

Drasius likes this.