What can the village do now? Find out bugbear attack is coming?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If the warriors survived, they might have some kind of bonus for training than Terrod, though as the captain of the guard, the bonus might be about the same.

When I think about Yoshi training these squads, I thought there would be an issue with him being a sprite with very different tactics. But it might not matter if this squad has a trainer or not. Then Yoshi would just be using his profession and rank for a training speed bonus. What group would you then get him to train, if he has a group limit? It would have to be the specialized sprite units, and maybe the war leaders.

I am quite looking forward to seeing what unusual squad upgrades are available for the specialized sprite and pixie units. If the sprites could maintain concealment on the imbued enhanced arrows while changing, that would be amazing.

2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We send through the portal summoned Mist workers first... see if they come back..
    Then we send summoned beasts, elementals spirits etc..
    then we sen a dude like captured bugbear? kobolt? charmed bugbear?
    send our own latrine duty with ring of shadows to be able to shift in and out...
    While doing all this we constantly open the portal every 30s..

if it works we in bizzz, we explore kill and harvest else.. we regroup.

Now not sure how much of training the militia would need? just send them in the dungoen to fight weak creatures first..
    just send them all in 24*7
    Minimal training for all every day for 1h.block slash dodge..

Hmm a Footpad?! What the hell is a Footpad?? lol

Johan likes this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They're missing a destination key on the lich side. You can currently only go through towards the lich if you replaced the activation and destination runes Richter took out from his end. He should be able to craft /create a destination rune for kirimuratq but he needs to be present to begin with since he's the only one with knowledge of how. That being said I can almost guarantee that's how we're going to see black ice, and mauler bones in the future, is Richter going through with a mist village destination rune for the other side to use.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  4. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Shouldn't those keys be in the bag of holding.

I like the idea of sending an mist workers. Even if the slime is still there, an army of Myst Workers might be able to eventually chop through that slime. Probably not, but it is worth a shot.

5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, for one side of the portal not both. They can't get back to the mist village with currently available runes

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some things are universal across good military units. Yoshi would not be training them to be sprite archers or swordsmen, he'd be training them in the basics of being military, of discipline, putting down the standards they must live by. The new officers will need to learn to lead others and more importantly, how to lead them without strangling initiative or inviting challenge, how to keep what is essentially a medieval army from sacking enemy settlements (unless that is the desired outcome), how to instill in them the will to hold then the enemy seems to be winning (essentially managing fighting spirit to return to gamer terms). That is at least as important as learning how to use the weapons themselves(something many of the villagers already know how to do).

The village will most likely field ragged looking units with mixed weaponry and nonstandard armor as well as whatever items (rings of all sorts, medallions, piercings(if a pair of earrings or a pink dress gave a bonus i'd be wearing them, no question ), clothing,etc.) they have gathered. But even if they look like a village militia, they should still be trained warriors rather than an angry wellarmed mob.

Johan likes this.
  7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe he would be training them in small group tactics/formation. He could train them in the universal identity of soldering (probably knows a few tech levels), but that would just add onto the unit training time.

Dragon likes this.
  8. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking basics first, but you are probably right.