What is happening in the village?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter has been gone for nearly a week. All we have are few very vague cameos, that don't really tell us that much. Almost deliberately vague, so Aleron may still be cooking up that book about Sion.

Speculation about new books aside, what do you guys think happened in the village over the course of the last week? A memorial of some sort for the fallen seems like a given, and possibly another party given that this was an extremely significant victory.

But what else? What has happened to the villagers, how many people have gone for professions?

Did the troops get a share of the exp for the lich kill due to being in a war party?

Did they get questrewards for defending their homes against overwhelming odds?

Were they rewarded in some way for the awakening of the place of power? Perhaps only those sworn to Richter?

Other points of interest?

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Their reaction to the Dungeon getting so much stronger, and how they are reacting to Richter not returning after the fight.

3. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Kytachi vessel is nearing completion, Krom is forging, Bayan hopefully grabbed up a couple of new pets, Yoshi is hopefully recovering (I don’t think we got confirmation of his status in 8). Hopefully the village council with HM are preparing for the elvish emissaries, Dwarven Mercenaries, and any of the other minor communities in the mists coming to swear vassalage to the Mist, maybe some more combat oriented communities to help bolster the ranks in the barracks.

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Skaths continuing to grow

Blood crystal slowly growing back (possible problem here, could the blood coven who knows Richter's magical signature look for other things attuned to Richter? I'm thinking along the lines of Kvothe's solution to scrying and malfeasance, but in Richter's case his separate bit is rather stationary in the blood crystal)

Likely a village wide ban on leaving the walls without some of the really advanced fighters and magi in tow, due to the monsters becoming more dangerous

A party or 3

5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like this idea. Yes MV & HT Alliance invaded the mausoleum cave of Singh.
    [​IMG]
    Then Singh intended to invade the MV with his undead army. So yes indeed while in the Dungeon, they were technically defending their homes. Richtær wasn't defending, nor his war party, but others were. So maybe not a war leader promotion for Richtær or Yoshi, but maybe Terrod?

Maybe Don't 'Mess with the Mist II' tennit

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right now at day 155, at the end of bk 8

Upgraded Skath on day 142

That is 13 days since the last egg feeding.

"This creature can consume another Stem Cell Egg in 7 days." Bk7

So someone should have feed the things the day before the invasion, and again the next day of book 9. Hopefully the twins are on it.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How does war party XP breakdown? Same for everyone unless you go past your war party size max?

I doubt Aleron has the numbers figured so that if we count back from the total XP. we could figure out how much he gained from just creature death, assuming we can estimate his XP total before and after the battle. Maybe it could be done. But if Richtær and Sion get the kill's weighted differently for their different levels it doesnt matter. If everyone gets the same XP from a creature killed in a war party, then it could work out.

Most people in Richtær war party died, save Sion. But all that should contribute to Yoshi's total XP pool.

In the least Yoshi should have all his badges Maxed out till a level cap. I doubt he level during the fight, though it is possible.

HM probably get nice increase to her XP. As did all the magic users. I can't recall if the head magic users are Professionals or not, but they should go to see Nexus.

The pixies that survived (and had their true sprite survive) are probably level 10 by now. Since is was a small group, I don't know how many were actually in Yoshi's War Band.

(Could probably have a thread just on effect from battle and war points on the ones in the battle).

One thing I wasn't sure would stack is the luck from not losing a battle. I would assume it would just stick around until they lost it.

The pixies might have a few new songs of sadness and glad...ness.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A lot of them were knocked out/ wounded during the fighting and carried back through the portal by mist workers. The mist workers died in droves, but they are expendable. No doubt they had a loss rate of 60-80%, i'm unsure whether they retreated or not.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    His Max War Party was 10. The strike team was 20 people.

• Yoshi
    1. Richtær
    2. Sion*
    3. Ox
    4. Schroeder
    5. Kentyiro
    6. Caulder ✓
    7. Zarr
    8. Quasea
    9. Hanso
    10. Cath
    11. Ygritte
    12. Wisteria (village elder, probably didn't go)
    13. Mimi (probably didn't go)
    • 8 UdoRengi Sprites.
    Then we have a bunch of HT and MV groups in the Dungeon. More than the Dungeon allows, 5 teams.

If Yoshi could put as many people as possible under his war party, besides the Dungeon defenders, but the ones in the village that would have been great. But I should assume it is probably distance dependent, and so people chilling in the village wouldn't get the XP.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well the portal links those two points, so the real distance is less than what it seems. Might play a role, might not. Would be hilarious if they got the exp a week later after the universe makes a judgment on the matter and decides the real battlefield included both regions.

Johan likes this.
  11. 2tymes

2tymes Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that Futen became more self aware with the awakening of the other powers, and realized that Richter got his map fragment from the dark abberrations cave

12. SnackBarbarian

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought the dungeon didn’t allow war parties “dungeons are for adventure not war” wouldn’t the sphere of influence be cut off from the portal to the dungeon?

13. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He got to ignore the normal rules for a while when he used his call of the dungeon. That's also why they were able to have so many people in the barbican.

14. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would be shocked if Scion hasn't gone for his profession. He was skill lvl 44 in archery and over lvl 20. That means he can become a ranger.
    Plus the gap between him and Richter just widened with the ascension and expertise book.

15. SnackBarbarian

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think he can right now unless he can make it take less time. He’s the default leader of the mist in a very vulnerable staging and prepping time unless he wants to leave it all up to HM and Randy.

16. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    True, unless an errant thought popped into his head, like something along the lines of, "While Richter's gone maybe I should go for my prof.." SNATCHED

Waterhobit, Johan and SnackBarbarian like this.
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well the dungeon is in a special state due to the call.
    I'm fairly sure Richter's dear friend has transferred his wrath onto a new target, with Richter being a distant second concern if not forgotten. There is no question he was bending the rules as far as he could by arranging for that librarian to show up. Not to mention getting Richter's permission by bending other rules.

Johan likes this.
  18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You think him taking Beyan because he mentioned profession, was to spite Richtær?

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think him taking a bunch of people in a way they considered abnormal was his way of spiting Richter while also doing the rest of those in his charge a service, But mostly it was about pissing Richter off.

20. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might have also have been to force Richter to deal with the Upcoming crisis and conflict on his own merits and decisions?