What MMORPG do you currently play?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Laendrea, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Laendrea

Laendrea Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

22%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi guys,

Please excuse me if this has been asked here before. I was just wondering what MMORPG games everyone is playing.

I cycle through the following on occasion:
    • Blade & Soul
    • World of Warcraft
    • Ultima Online
    • Elder Scrolls Online (xbox one)
    • DC Universe Online
    • Tera

Still want to check out Black Desert...

Paul Bellow and Felicity Weiss like this.
  2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Currently I don't play any, all my free time is writing. I used to play a lot of different ones with WoW being the leader of the ones eating my time. Even if I stopped writing, it isn't happening settle down you lot, I don't know if any of them could rope me in now that I have been ruined by reading LITRPG.

Felicity Weiss and Laendrea like this.
  3. Larakel

Larakel Level 14 (Defender) Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Newbie Island
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ESO and DC Universe, PS4
    War Dragons on my tablet
    Occasionally WoW or Neverwinter Nights

Seagrim and Laendrea like this.
  4. wordrew

wordrew Wayward Writer & Builder of Worlds LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am an old Everquest and EQ2 junkie. Like binders full of quest lines and equipment such. Like co-leading a guild level MMORPG junkie. I miss the hell out of it once in a while and finding this new world has done nothing but make me nostalgic for those times.

I hear EQ2 has changed drastically, which is a bummer to me.

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  5. wordrew

wordrew Wayward Writer & Builder of Worlds LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But, in an attempt to resurrect this thread, I'd love to know what MMORPGs you all are playing as well as if there are browser-based games that provide great RPing and adventuring with decent skill advancements and such.

6. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We've been talking about going into Ashes of Creation together...

https://litrpgforum.com/threads/ashes-of-creation.636/

I played MUDs back in the day. After having lost many hours to them, I realized the danger when EverCrack came out and resisted the urge. Heh.

As I was in the corporate world at that time, I spent my limited game hours with RTS or strategy/builder games mostly.

My sister and bro-in-law were big EQ fans. I think the big upset had to do with going F2P?

Let's necro more threads! Heh.

[​IMG]

7. Asakust

Asakust Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The most recent MMORPG that I've played was Tree of Savior, but I couldn't get into it and stopped (It also had this error that kept making it fail to start up so my siblings got bored and we forgot about it).

But if we're talking about seriously played then, it would be Ragnarok Online (although a private server instead of an official server). If you wont take a private server into account then it would be Aura Kingdom... i think.

Although my last and most played "MMO" is Robocraft... which is a shooter rather than RPG.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  8. wordrew

6%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I'm on vacation and have been hanging with my buddy who got me into EQ - last night we downloaded it and started playing again, just for kicks. It still, somehow, scratches that itch. It took a few to remember some of the commands, but it was enjoyable. My biggest problem is I run Mac, not Windows. Trying to find an MMORPG that accommodates both is tough.

Felicity Weiss and Paul Bellow like this.
  9. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Currently, when hopping into an MMO, my wife and I play Elder Scrolls Online on PC.

Offline I bounce between turn based strategy and city builders.

I'm still in mourning for City of Heroes, DAMN NCSoft to Hellâ„¢.

Felicity Weiss likes this.
  10. Matthew James

Matthew James Blind Beholder Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Currently playing no MMOs, but always checking out new stuff that crops up.

Hoping Lost Ark isn't just vaporware, a cinematic isometric game with crafting and dungeon crawling. Absolutely gorgeous.

I'll probably get into a more action RPG based MMO for my next title, I don't have much experience with the genre and it looks like games are going that way. Why spend millions developing a MMO when you can slash a single player games graphic quality, balance the damage, and create modules based on an already successful IP. The success of survival games and overwatch makes me think this is just around the corner. Day Z might as well have been this, but the community managers for that game so disdained their early adopters that to this day the game has a taint.

11. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Same. Sometimes I miss wow, but I am more grateful to be free of its clutches. Currently, I have Dragon Age on Steam to play. My heart belongs to Hearthstone, though.

Alas, I don't have the internet to play any online MMOs. Went from FIOS in So Cal to data-capped Satellite in BFE Oregon. Rural internet sucks. SAVE ME!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    Paul Bellow likes this.
  12. Matthew James

Matthew James Blind Beholder Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm in the same boat, buying the satellite unit outright would be the only way of turning the service off and on to be economical with when I'm living back and forth, and leaving it on when living in the valley (when the heat wave in Cal was pushing 115+) would just pile on top of everything else with nothing gained. Verizon Unlimited fortunately works out my way, so 10gig tether for a tablet and unlimited browsing on the phone keeps me covered. Absolute internet poverty compared to when I had DSL, but my DSL was a garbage fire compared to cable plans. If SLC ever gets open enrollment google fiber I might move there, I'll corrupt the Mormons and make a MMO guild that tithes 10% of the guild funds every month.

13. Crowbaits

Crowbaits Level 9 (Burgler) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    England - not New - the old one across the pond
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's all Paul's fault, I was free of RPGs until he went and mentioned that Neverwinter was now online and still growing, so here I am back grinding with the best of them.

14. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Crowbaits likes this.
  15. Crowbaits

Crowbaits Level 9 (Burgler) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    England - not New - the old one across the pond
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Level 62 hunter.

Felicity Weiss and Paul Bellow like this.