What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What Spells would you like to see Richter (or Sion) Learn to use?

If like for Richter to Learn as many different Element (and other) types of the Honed Air and Water Damage Spells. For instance Honed Air > Water Edge, Fire Edge, Honed Earth, Honed Light, Honed Ice, Dark Edge, Blood Edge, Honed Chaos Edge, ect. For Water Damage > Dark Damage, Air, Life, Fire, Earth, Death, Blood, Spirit, Chaos, ect types of Weapon Damage Spells. Would give him greater versatility in harming things in fights with different types of beings.

If also like to see him gain more Element types of Shields, at least Water, Air and Dark, but also the others as well, Fire, Death and Light (should be able to get Light from Hisako), and if course in time a Chaos Shield Spell. Also Deeper Shields as well if possible.

If also like to see more Sensory Spells, for instance InfraRed (Fire?) and UltraViolet (Light) Vision, Tremor Sense or Metal Detection (Earth?), Sonar (Air, Water?), Detect Undead and a Detect Graves (Death), Blood Scent Tracking and See Blood Flow/Vessels (Blood), Detect Magic, ect.

I'd also like for Richter to Learn more Fire Spells of pretty much any type, from a simple Fire Starting Spell, a Fire Bolt Spell, a Fire Control, a Warmth Spell, or a Fire Whip Spell, pretty much anything really. (plus the for mentioned Infra Vision, Shield and Weapon Damage Spells).

I'd also like to see more Utility Spells, for instance Mend, Dry, Warm, Cool, Clean, Lighten, Tighten/Loosen, ect. Also spells like Grow, Shrink, Web, Wall Climb and Feather Fall. And in time maybe more Familiar Spells?

But most of all I want Richter to Learn a Spell in the Deeper Magic of Thought, either something like Alma's Mind Blast, or a Mind Protection Spell or maybe a Sense Emotions or a Telekinesis Spell, or even a Thought Charm Spell?

What would you like to see.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd love to see all of those, but by far my favorites of what you kust mentioned would be the sensory spells.

However i think the most valuable spells here could learn right now are binding spells like what HM used against the mauler, or like his evilved saprolimg can sometimes use with the vines. It would allow him to powerlevel like never before if he can hold enemies down for alma. Even better if he can get them in life, air, water, or dark so she can start using them too. Turning them into arrow enchantments would be insane if its possible.

Also I'm curious if all the weapon enhancing spells are considered rare. They seem simple but its already been mentioned that mages usually dont have other combat skills. I wonder how powerful the enchantments would be from these spells.

3. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Earth Spell Entangling Roots that that Mage Kobold in Bk3 used should be fairly easy to get, most likely the Dwarf Earth Adapt Mage at the MV knows it, as would Hisako. Sucking Bog and Mud most likely as well.
    Other Binding Spells can probably be gotten from him, Hisako, the Gnome Dark Mage, Simiko, Randy and be ordered from the Merchants.

Albatross1873 and Joe Schmoe like this.
  4. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see a way for Richter to learn enchantments as spells. Fortify Strength...Fortify skill...Increased critical hit %

Deconstruction Talent...Crafting Talent...benefit of template reverse engineering?

5. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like to see him learn spells like the one Nexus used to summon the mecha-eagle. That could bring about some very interesting creatures, which could be evolved into even more intriguing creatures.
    That branch of magic might also be used to summon temporary tools and/or weapons as well.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I intended to add Mana Constructed Summoned Weapons, Armour and Tools but then I forgo to, so here they are. Mana Constructed Summoned Swords, Bows (with Mana Arrows), Axes, Spears, Maces, Hammers, Daggers, ect, (of various shapes and designs, both light and heavy versions, single and double handed). Also Light, Medium and Heavy Armour and Shields of different types. They can be much, much lighter in weight then real versions but also tend to have less Durability, Damage and only be temporarily constructs, depending on Spell type they can have a little additional Element Damage and a slim chance of an additional effect. Some of the Armour Spells can also Summoned Over regular Armour for additional Protection but at a slight duration decrease or/& mana cost increase.
    Summonable Tools include different types of Hammers (possibly adjustable by spell?), Axes, Saws, Shovels, Crowbars, Floating Platforms or Wheelbarrows, Plows, Rope, Navigation Equipment, ect, they have a higher durability then the weapon versions but cause less damage if used as weapons. Also Summonable Tents, Backpacks, Cloths, ect.

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Void shield spell. Not great because he couldn't really cast through it but nothing could really get through it either. Great for a stop and think.

Other elemental constant attacks
    Weak flames > sparks, frost, and acid spray.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  8. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like the spell equivalent of doc brown's wake up juice. That'd probably be grand level magic though and out of his reach for a while..

I still dont unterstand why he didnt try to offer the several hundred gold he had on him for a vial of that stuff. He thought a vibrate enchantment would make money, a guaranteed instant hangover cure would be worth more to me than the water of clarity.

9. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Chain Chain Chain Lightning. Wombo combo for Alma to use with Psyblast: stun a group then chain lightning to race through the group damaging and stunning them again.

10. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A fear or aggro spell would be cool. Lower enemy moral right before your battle lines hit or have the enemy really hate and attack your shield wall while your archers are left free to deal dmg. Anything that is I guess not as tangible but still powerful. So pretty much more spirit, mental, or even blood magic.

Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Death Magic should have a Fear Spell, &/or maybe Dark Magic.
    Confusion Spells would be useful for Disrupting Enemy forces.
    Maybe more Light or Dark Illusion Spells as well. Shadow Spells should be interesting as well.

12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder what Level the first Polymorth/Shape-Change Spells become Available? Either Limited to one Form Change (such as into a Wolf, Hawk, Fish or Skath) or a Spell that allows you to take the form of a Slain Beast (full beast body or a Physical Characteristic from that beast).
    Even if just partial Shifting would be good. The ability to grow Claws&Fangs, Armoured Scales, Wings, Extra Arms, Tentacles, Prehensile Tail or Gills could be very useful in the right situation. Also Hybrid Shifts like a WereBeast or BeastKin. Or a Spell that allows you to copy another person's appearance, or to temporary become another Race.
    Blood and Chaos Magics would likely have the most Shifting Spells but with certain issued attached, Basic Magics would probably have Spells for Creatures just associated with their Element.

AndyJ likes this.
  13. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Richter could turn that into an enchantment it would make a great ring to have.

OR if he had a "Chicken Shift" it would be funny as an offensive spell/weapon.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  14. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    More advanced version of Charm... hohoho that would be so sweet.

15. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Flawed spells with far greater power than usually seen at their rank/ cost, but with a heavily increased chance of backfiring (maybe due to safety margins having been removed, creating a leaner and meaner version of the spell?). Basically last resort spells.

Greatly flawed spells that have close to 100% chance of backfiring catastrophically, but may just work. For when you know you are already dead anyway, but want to take the other guy with you.

16. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well he likely did not think of it in the situation. I think they should set up a trade agreement though giving the kindir what they need in return for access to the juice.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  17. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Monthly enchanted wrist rocket bullets for wake up juice recipe and monthly delivery of necessary ingredients.

18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If like to see Richter Learn Spells(Skill in) Dragon Magic, Spells that can give him (and Dragons Additional) Breathe type Spell Attacks, to Amplify their Existing Natural Breath Attack +or Alma's Mind Blast), Chameleon Skin, Hyper Hearing, Spells to Protect their Hoard/Treasures, to Sense when their Name is being used, Sense Treasure, Sense Imminent Danger When Sleeping, ect.
    Other Spells from Non-Humanoid Races might also be interesting to see.

I'd also likely to see Richter Learn a Spell or Two that are seemingly Useless for him (but may prove useful in some ways later(maybe much later)), like a Spell that allows him to Breath Air (designs for Aquatic Races), or a Spell that Allows a Person to See in Day Light (oppersite-Dark Vision for Beings that only See in Dark or Thermal Vision), a Spell for Moistening Your Own Skin with Mucous (for Amphibian Races, actually could have several used for non Amphibians?), or a Spell to Treat one's Leaf Blight (for Plant Races) or a Spell that Protects you from being Undead Banishing/Turning Spells (for Undead), ect.
    Might interesting to see him Learn a Spell that he can't actually Cast due to Lacking the Right Number of Arms, Mouths or Tentacles, although he could still make them into Enchantments.

I'm also wondering about Grimoire's, we know that they are for Storing Excess Spells for a person who can't Permanently Learn anymore in their own Memory, but when are they used? Are they like the old D&D Spell Books where you have to Memorize the Spells in them you want to use each Day and then they are forgotten after 24hrs or after use, or do they function like a Spell Scroll but without being destroyed in their use, or do they work like an External Memory for Spells and the Mage, or something else? And What happens if Richter was to Find or Steal one(?), could be learn the Spells in them or not?

19. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dragon magic you say? And now I have a mental image of Richter running around yelling "Fus Ro Dah!" launching his villagers into the lake.

Cire122 likes this.
  20. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some types of Navigation, Tracking/Locating, Lore & Identification and Augury - Omen Divination Spells would be good to have.

Dragon likes this.