What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it would. I think a barbed steel bolt imbued with life magic would do enduring damage similar to a poison. If it were to hit a evil dead type creature.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Weapon made from a Life Magic version of the Second Tier Death Metal 'Necronium' (maybe called Vitanium?) would most likely effect Undead like that. A Life Magic Charged or Coated Weapon may well also have a similar effect, although I suspect it would do more initial damage upon impact but may very well do less damage over time and the damage over time effect is very likely to rapidly fade as the Undead Death Energy wares away the Life Magic, unlike the Life Metal that is likely to continuously Poison/Effect the Undead till it's Removed.

Just had a thought, admittedly it's as much (if not more) Enchanting as Spell but still. Richter should Convert his Weak Raise Dead Spell to an Enchantment and place it on a Weapon he might be able to use them to Raise those he kills as Zombies, and if he puts them in Arrows he might be able to use them to Raise Zombies at a distance further then his Spells can be Cast. Be even more useful if they also effect already dead bodies as well. Could be useful in a lot of situations, especially for disrupting Troop Formation, Sieges & Defended areas, ect, as well as automatically raising additional Minions to aid you in combat.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's actually good for a few different scenarios too. Like a volley of undead raising arrows after a bombardment would cause quite a bit of trouble. Even if the shooter loses control of the summon, what's the summon going to do, attack the enemy harder? Maybe attack a another summon? Weapons being swung in the middle of enemy ranks is still a bonus

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why not just use summoning arrows? I mean if the arrows are supposed to raise the dead they kinda have to kill the person first, which isn't going to happen in most cases on account of most arrows being either blocked, missing completely or being nonlethal.

A volley of a hundred might only raise a dozen zombies or a hundred random low-level monsters.

I don't think either will work without special materials such as lich bones. Preferably once that aren't tainted with eldritch magic.c

5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Arrows tipped with Skeleton Raising/Summoning Dragon/Hydra Teeth, alla Sinbad. Or Arrows with little Spirit/Ghost Holding/Trapping Bottles or Crystals might also work.
    Undead Raising Arrows (or Daggers?) would probably easier to create and work due to the presence of Dead Bodies then most Summon Spell/Enchantments, most Summon Enchantments are likely to work better as Wands/Staves.

Dragon likes this.
  6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This makes me think about the Mauler.

Ricther should make a mace for his golem and enchant it with weak raise dead. Calvary sabers would be great as well.

the arrows would work great especially if they were used on the rear ranks. Not only would this cause issues for the attacking infantry but
    Mages as well.

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There's also Arcane Archers and similar Professions/Specializations (Death Archers, ect) that can directly place Spells into Arrows (or other Weapons in the case of Spell Swords, ect) for extended Spell Casting Range and flexibility, as well as unique Talents.

8. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Speaking of the mauler, it would kinda suck if the unknown bone richter is running around with belonged to it. Cause that would mean the body was already destroyed and no trophies could be gathered, and he could ghost harvest it.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its an old gnawed down bone though, not something fresh.

Besides wasn't it turned into a demon and banished to another plane after it died?

10. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It would have Eventually been Banished to the Hellish Plane if it could not Eat enough Souls, but it's pretty certain to be dead because it was Killed before that could happen and because it was created in The Land it had no pre-existing Soul Ancher in the Hellish Plane.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am thinking that Prismatic/Chromatic D&D Spells with some Alterations (and a little more randomness and a wider range of Magic Affinities) might make good Chaos Spells, Prismatic/Chromatic Orb, Spray, Bow, Bridge, Wall, Shield, ect. Plus of course the D&D Chaos Bolt Spell, but with more Magic Affinities Types (mostly basics and Chaos but a chance of others as well), and a chance of instead of harming the Enemy one of the attacks might Heal/benefit or just have a random miseranouse effect.

12. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah it just died.
    I don’t remember being banished ever being mentioned.. I do remember that it could not survive outside of a hellish realm for long. I figured that meant it was dead no matter what happened unless it made it own way back or was sent via high level banishment.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that was all about the dungeon creatures becoming dependent on the Dungeon Mana.

14. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well we were kinda right and kinda wrong
    Name: Hellspawned MaulerDisposition: Soul Malice (MORTAL ENEMY)
    The raw magic released by the Exile Rakshasha has changed the tovuut mauler into a hellish creature.
    No monster such as this has ever walked The Land.
    No longer able to draw on the high ambient magic of the Labyrinth, such a creature cannot survive long away from a hellscape.
    It must feed on the souls of other beings or it will be sucked back into an appropriate dimension.
    This creature is your Mortal Enemy and hates you above all else. Level: ???
    Health: 714/6981Mana: 192/192Stamina: 388/2377
    Strength: ???
    Agility: ???
    Dexterity: ???
    Constitution: ???
    Endurance: ???
    Intelligence: ???
    Wisdom: ??? Charisma: ??? Luck: ???

though I think that now it’s dead it’s just dead the body isn’t going anywhere

15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like to see Richter get some more Fire Spells (of any type), they are the most under represented of his Basic Spells and getting more will help him raise his Fire Spell Level.
    I'd also like to see him get some more Summoning Spells for the Basic Elements that he doesn't already have one for, Fire, Air, Dark & Light, and one for Chaos in the future.
    Some everyday non-Combat and Utility Spells (and if possible a few UnAligned Cantrip/Prestigaition like Spells) would be useful and help in raising Levels. Spells like Cleaning, Lighten Load, Cool/Warm, Season, Grow Chair, Dry, Light/Unlight Candle/Tinder, Tighten/Losen Knots, ect.

Some Sensory and Detect Spells, like Detect Grave, Detect/See Magic, Far Sight, Protect from Bright Light, Boosted Sense of Smell, Sonar Sense, Thermal Vision, Ultra Violet Vision, Tremor Sense, Sense North, Sense Home, See in Water, Detect Poison/Toxin, See in AEther, ect.

And at least one Thought Magic Spell.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  16. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Some kind of movement spell blink step, airwalk, water walk, pass wall, jump, slide, glide, etc.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Feather Fall and Levitation, they would work well with Cloud Step by helping to reduce Stamina Cost. And Air Walk when his Stamina gets to Low to allow him time to recover some of it before Stepping again while still being able to move in the Air.

18. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The one spell I would really like to see is an old one called league stride. Can’t remember the series it was in but it kind of warped space so a normal single step covered hundreds of yards at a time, making a short walk cover tens miles distance.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The Spell equivalent of the old Seven League Boots.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Finger of death - permanent zombie loyal to Richter.
    True polymorph - transform zombies into "insert race" to increase population XD