What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not that it will show for a very long time, but i always loved the spell “nailed to the sky” it basically puts the target in low orbit and the only escape from it being teleportation or flight.

mostly i would like to see planar magic start to make an appearance. Perhaps richter will gain celestial magic next time he eats one of the fruit.

other spells would be league stride, blink step, dimensional door, and other movement magics.

i would personally prefer telekinesis to be a psi-ability rather than a spell.

2. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think hes more likely to have a skill or talent "celestially augmented" and my guess is he will get a sweet new enchanting bonus.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Problem there is which plane are you talking about? 14/12 planes including/besides the current one.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  4. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don’t much care, but shadow has already been shown in an enchantment. Spells is what i am looking for though

5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There was a D&D Spell if I remember correctly that allows you to Cast it in the body of a Slain Creature and a Portion of their Skin/Flesh would peel off and become a crude Map of Skin and Blood Dye that would show you the surrounding area (usually the creatures home territory) with it showing the location of that creatures most valued item(s)/treasures, the better stronger the Casted version of the Spell and Caster the more information contained in the Map, things like it's home/lair would be marked on it and things it considering important, useful or of lesser value. It would make a good Blood Spell.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  6. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just had a thought, the Belt of Spell Stealing removes the Memory/Knowledge of how to use the Spells it Steals from the person it Steals it from, but is this Knowledge only removed for the period of time the Belt contains the Stolen Spells or is that knowledge permanently lost from that person?
    If it is permanently removed then the Belt would be an even more effect took against Casters then it was seemingly.

Also when the Stolen Spells are in the Belt can Richter actually access the Knowledge of how to physically Cast the Spell or is he just limited to just throwing the Spells about similarly to how he can with his Ring of Spell Storage?
    If he can access the Knowledge then he might very well be able to create a Spell Book of that Spell during the Three Days the Spell is Stored in the Belt and then actually permanently Learn the Spell himself afterwards!

7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I believe it is released like the spell ring.

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Likely, but the fact that it Steals their Spell Knowledge of the Stolen Spells from the Caster is making me wonder.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suppose maybe it could eventually be altered with enough research to a belt of skill stealing.
    "Oh your a master of [blank] combat? not for long!"

10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    has Rihto ever used that belt at all??

11. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah. I'm fairly sure they keep the knowledge, but instead you steal a spell they are casting. Its most useful for magekillers trying to close.

12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not that it's been mentioned, but I suspect that it will get used in the next Land book.

13. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good reason to scribe a backup copy of all your spells.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I really want to know more about Grimoire's, and how they can be used to let you have more Spells then you can naturally Memorize/Learn. For instance if you take one from someone can you learn the Spells in it yourself or is it limited to the Caster that Created it for their use? I would suspect that most would be Soul Bound to their user's, so you'd need to either kill it's owner or be an Enchanted that can Remove Soul Bonds from an object before you could possibly do anything with one, assuming that they don't self destruct after the death of removal of the Soul Bond of the user?

15. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can't believe he didn't ask Randy about them. They might be able to provide other bonuses as well like an increase to spell power, reduced cast times, or reduced mana cost.

If not, he still might want to find a way to produce them for his magi. He is freely teaching them all his spells, and they don't have his limitless ability. If they can be produced without a soulbind, perhaps they could be used to allow some of the magically gifted children to train with combat spells in a limited way. If they could create a grimoir with a few combat spells, a trusted adult to hold onto a few of them using a bag of holding and allow some of the children to practice using them in a supervised setting.

Johan likes this.
  16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  17. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Fair enough. Its still most useful for a magekiller trying to close.

18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And not just for getting initially close but also possibly for any future conflicts with them if it does permanently remove the Spell knowledge from them.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What Thought Magic Spell would you like Richter to Learn (initial few beginner level spells mostly). And do you think that Thought Magic also contains Spells that mimic Psionics like Telekinesis, Levitation, Pyrokinesis, ect?

I'd like for him to Learn some type of Mind Blast like attack (most likely a Physical Contact Spell or very short ranged bolt?), a Mind Defence/Concealing Spell of some type, something like Far Viewing, and a Spell that increases your Six Sense/Empathic Awareness. And a Telekinesis Spell if possible.

20. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Cached Casting

Casting (doing hand movements and speaking) in his mindscape where time is sped up. Like front loading a spell, he can hold it as long as he's actively in his mindscape and then release whenever he chooses in real world. One spell at a time the longer he holds it the more "unstable" it becomes