What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So Ricther was given every spell that was cast while he was connected to the blood stone.

That makes me wonder when Ricther was locked down by the Chaotic bloodstone his eyes turned to red looking crystal. Ricther had lost control of his body. Then he could hear the bloodstone and could talk with it. While Ricywas under its power I assume the Chaotic bloodstone could use his senses to be aware of what was going on. Just as it would use his body to cast spells with any needed hand gestures or perhaps spoken aloud words.

I know this was all due to Ricthers contact with the Chaotic bloodstone. But does that mean in time with given level Ricther might learn these to?

I can see him having a spell like what the Chaotic bloodstone used on him unless it was just an ability of the bloodstone. Which I doubt considering we know he has received the blood puppet spell. As that gives him power over another person or creatures body.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Vitality puppet? He used that book 8

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeap, vitality puppet was like the first spell cast on him by the Chaotic bloodstone. Unless the Chaotic bloodstone enchanted itself with vitality puppet. Then it wouldn’t have to had cast it. That would make a very good enchantment for a trap.

Vitality puppet would also be awesome in conjunction with a collar of submission!

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

22%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter having the Spells Shrink and Grow (self&others) would be very useful with him in the UnderDark, especially Shrink, would help him to get through Tunnels that he normally wouldn't be able to access. (as well as help him in fights and on the surface.)
    Spells like Mist/Gaseous Form, Wall Climb, Feather Fall and Levitate would also help a lot, as would Spells for Thermal Vision, Tremor Sense and Sonar Hearing, as might a Silence Spell. The Wizards Eye Spell and See Magic would all be very Useful.
    A Spell that allows your Bones to become Temporary very Flexible (like Rubber) might also help in getting through tight area's (in conjunction with Bark or Chiron Skin to help avoid scraped skin) and in certain types of fights and falls), also a Spell that can Pull DrinkAble Water out of the Moisture in the Air or from Damp Surfaces, as might some type of Alarm Ward Spell for When he's Sleeping?

5. Captain BlackJack

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see Ricther able to use the teleport spell. That way he could enchant some type of Item that could be used to teleport people to the closest dungeon entrance. That wouldn’t cost as much as teleporting all the way home. Then the dungeon nodeway could be used to return home. With new entrances becoming available that could be very helpful.

6. Andrew Lynas

22%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think that he is more likely to get something like a Blink Teleport Spell (Light Magic?), &/or a short range Shadow Walk Teleport (Shadow or Dark Magic?), rather then a long range Teleport Spell, at least for awhile.
    Although it's possible that he might get the Blood Magic Teleport Spell in time?
    I suspect that in time he will also get a Flight Spell (Air Magic?).

7. Captain BlackJack

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not sure how bad he will need another teleport spell. What would make a difference is where he puts his dungeon entrances. Ricther already has the dungeon transport spell. The dungeons new unlimited capacity might have opened his spell up as well. I can’t recall but I was thinking that spell was limited to the dungeons party size. I know it had a limited range as well.

8. Andrew Lynas

22%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it was limited to transporting anybody within a certain radius? And anywhere within his Domain and Dungeon to one of the Dungeon Orbs/mini Nodes?

9. Dragon

Dragon Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So a new entrance to the dungeon. Given that it is level dependant and normally placed randomly, isn't there a good chance that this actually gives adventurers an option of going from the entrance chamber - inside the snake cavern - to different locations within the dungeon?.

As in, highlevel adventurers can skip the early levels and directly enter a more challenging area?

10. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have considered this as a possibility. And the more I think about it the more I think it is more likely to be the case. If there were multiple entrances to every dungeon from the land, even if they were placed randomly, this would almost certainly have been something Randy would have mentioned. Plus they would either all be located geographically very close to together and become more of a drawback, or they would be a popular method of fast travel. Both of these would have changed the conversation Randy had with Richter about the HoEH.

11. Captain BlackJack

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No doubt there are limits to the dungeon transport. We have seen Ricther use dungeon transport several times now. My understanding is he has a limited range outside of the dungeon but within a certain range he can teleport to the dungeon with what was his limit of adventurers. I also believe he can use it or the nodes for fast travel in the dungeon.

Randy had spoken of fast travel by dungeon. As he called it the node road.

Unlike other dungeons in the land Ricthers dungeon has a master and a keeper. It was said in book eight that for every five levels of the dungeon he would get a new free entrance. It also said that normally these dungeons entrances were randomly placed. Although, with Ricthers dungeon having a keeper they could choose their locations by guiding the dungeon.

So as I see it Ricther could use the new dungeon entrances in three ways. Which I mentioned in the thread all things Dungeon.

12. Dragon

Dragon Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    10 miles outside the range of the mist for dungeon transport unless I'm misremembering it.

Fast travel by dungeon is going to be epic. Its also going to take a while before it becomes useful. Its one area in which there is no way to cheat as far as we no. Either you've explored the labyrinth and found a route, or you have no way to fasttravel. Except through Richter's portal network.