What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think many spells will yield the same enchantment, being essentially variations or more advanced versions of basic spells. Not so sure how it would work the other way.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might end up with the most Basic, Weakest and most Common root Spell version, at least most of the time. Although increasing the Talent for Enchantment to Spell Conversion might allow for Learning better be more powerful and rarer versions?

Dragon and ShoughtLoud like this.
  3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Levitation/flying spell
    Teleportation/ teleport all dudes in a circle!

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Noticed on the read through that each time he learned a deeper magic it had a wording. It's not capitalized I know, but.. Perhaps.
    Screenshot_20200909-111730.jpg
    Screenshot_20200909-111747.jpg

5. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, and?

PokemonThug likes this.
  6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think it is, but it might be a subtle hint to being able to better withstand the effects of the other deep magics by using thought magic.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well thought goes beyond thought magic, which I could see being just as bad in its own way as the other deep magic. You need balance between body (blood), thought (mind) and soul (spirit). Without it there will be consequences.

That said it is a hint. Strengthen your mind to resist deeper magic. Like Alma is training him to do.

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Spell that prevents (or at at least reduces if it can't prevent) Identify, Analyse and similar Skills, Spells and Items would be useful, both as a Cast Spell and for converting to an Enchantment.
    And a Spell that can allow you to give false information if Identified or Analysed, for similar reasons.

Also some type of Identify and Analyse Spell, both for Casting and again for Converting to an Enchantment, would be good for Guards and Hunters, as well as others. Would also be interesting to see what the difference is between Richters Identify Skill and a Spell version of it, and if using both at the same time on the same thing could amplify both and so get more information.

9. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Randy said that he can reduce the effectiveness of Analyze by hardening his chi.

I think that the Dark magic adept in the village has the Identify Spell. She used it on the assassin, but it didn't get beyond her false stat sheet talent.

I think that it would be funnier if using both an analyze skill and identify spell had a backlash. Maybe he'd only see gibberish for a while and it gets him in trouble with a cute looking animal that is really horrific when Richter isn't paying attention.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    chi? sounds like a trick/ skill Richter should learn.

11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He was starting but, much like his mental practicing with Alma, we only heard about it a little then it fades back.

12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He also knows a few ways to use Chi with Archery, he should look into finding someone to Teach him some Chi Skills for Weapons, Armour/Shields and Unarmed Combat (although his Level in that would likely prevent that till he increases his Unarmed Combat Skill Level). And also look into other ways to use Chi for non Combat, like his Cloud Running Skill.
    If he Learns enough Chi Skills he might be able to gain a Chi Manipulation Skill?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would like Richter to get a Chaos Magic (weak) Summoning Spell, Summons a Random Chaos Creature within a rough Level range.

Captain BlackJack and Zinga like this.
  14. Zinga

Zinga Level 4 (Warrior) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hell ya! That would be awesome!

15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A random chaotic creature... That's a lot of random haha

16. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not that I really want to see it but doesn’t Ricther need a mana and a stamina drain spell?
    That would make a great enchantment for shackles or manacles. Enchanted shackles would have prevented the assassins from escaping.

AndyJ likes this.
  17. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    a chaos bolt attack spell would be an interesting spell to see. Unless it gets soft-balled into a Strait damage attack spell.

two magic items i would like to see are the deck of many things and the wand of wonder. Choice and randomness

18. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Proposed something like this before in another Thread, even suggested it to Aleron.
    From the 'Absorbing Tier 2 Energy' Thread.
    One good Chaos Spell I'd like Aleron to give Richter is 'Chaos Bolt', a Level 1(?) Spell that fire a projectile of Chaos charged energy that also adds Randomly an additional effect and damage (very rarely more then one). Can be a Fire, Water, Air, Dark, Blood, Spirit, Gravity, Fey, ect, effect, or just Chaos. More likely to be a Basic Magic but can be pretty much any Magic type. Usually comparable to a Level 1-3 magic spell but can very rarely be stronger, and is usually an Offensive Effect but can also less often can actually have a Random Beneficial Effect on an Enemy, like Healing, Cure Poison, Improved Defence, ect. Or a Random Miscellaneous or Utility Spell Effect like Glow, Grow, Slow, Levitate, Slippery, Haste, Clean, Tighten, Loosen, Mend, ect. Also can have very small slightly random change in Mana Cost, Duration and Range. A Pot Luck Spell.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Waterhobit likes this.
  19. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He definitely needs something to deal with prisoners.

Right now he could Enchant shackles with his Paralyze Spell but it takes a lot of enchantment slots.
    Also, would shackles go under the rules of weapons & armor or items? Items seem to have a lot of special restrictions.

Maybe a helmet that covers the eyes and curse it so it can't be removed.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How about a set of manacles and some bars on the windows for normal prisoners? Most people don't have magic or powerful talents. Once they are deprived of their gear, even professional fighters won't be able to break steel bars with their fists.

Captive mages are more difficult, but I imagine there are ways to create magic suppressing prison cells.

If it was me I would look around for caverns similar to the crystal caves, meaning they have one way in and out. I'd have the mistworkers set up basic facilities inside, expanding the caves where necesary and so on. I'd also have the earth mages check whether there are neighboring caves or other places that prisoners could escape to in order to get out.

After that, i'd install layers of security to slow down prisoners if they do get out and i'd rig the entrance so that it can easily be collapsed from the outside without risk.

Finally, only mist constructs would ever get close to the prisoners, in order to feed and water them. Should the prisoners break out, the immidiate reaction of the guards should be to get out and collapse the entrance, dooming all within to a slow death unless they are very, very powerful. In which case they wouldn't be in there.