What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like an iron mask but with metal blinders where the prisoner can only look down.

2. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had been thinking more of a need to weaken magical abilities and strength. That was for transporting prisoners only. If I were to build I cell to hold prisoners in the Land I would have enchanted cells. Prison jail cells that could draw away their mana and strength to feed the dungeon would be nice. Just enough leaching to keep them fatigued at all times.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Death, Blood and Spirit Magic would likely have a lot of Leaching and Draining Spells, and Life, Thought and Spirit Magic would likely have a lot of Binding and Restricting Spells. Although all Magic types most likely have at least a few of them at different Ranks.
    Spells that massively increase the likelihood of Spell Feedback and Blowback probably exist as well.

But I'm thinking that Enchantments for doing these things would likely be more powerful then most Spell versions. I'm also thinking that it's more likely that Richter will come across an Enchanted Item for these before he learns a Spell for it. I'm also thinking that they aren't Spells most Mages would Teach others very often, although certain Mage Jobs &/or Professions/Specializations would be much more likely to know them, such as Magic Using City Guards, Prison Guards/Goalers, Slavers, ect.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now that’s a profession for you right their! Like the battle mage. We know have the Prison Mage!

5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking more of Jobs then Professions were Spells like these are more likely to be taught too, but there are most likely certain Specializations that are likely to have Talents (and Spells?) that do these things.

6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am reasonably certain such a thing exists, or at least something akin to justicars do

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he had a prison with Mana Drain Cells, do you think that Richter could be able to transfer the prisoners' Mana regen towards unlocking spells or funnel it into his soon to be built Mana Batteries or would that be too OP?
    Oooooo Core Prison. He does have another war coming up.

Also, didn't he get the Mana Drain Enchantment from a mace he found?

8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He certainly found a Weapon with a Mana Drain Combat Enchantment, not certain if he succeeded in having the Forge Learn it though? Even if he did it would only be for Weapons. If he was to Learn a Spell for Mana, Health or Stamina Draining (other then the Blood Magic one he has) he should be able to Convert it and get ones for Weapons and Items (both Mana Draining Shackles and probably Offensive Rings/Wands(?)), and most probably a Macro Enchantment that could be used for Prison Cells (and possibly Defences and other uses?), and maybe(?) even for Shields/Armour, although less likely.

Death Magic is probably the most likely for him to Learn different Health, Stamina and Mana Draining/Leeching Spells from, although the Deeper Magics also most likely have a quite a number of them getting/learning them would be problematic. It's also possible that Life Magic has them as well. Other types of Magic may have a couple but not that many.

9. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It seems that more than life does have a healing type spell. Xuetrix healed richter and not with life, randy healed himself with water. Do all the basics? That is kind of an important question in my opinion

10. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Beyan also healed the knight with his death magic, but that probably only applies to undead (zombies).
    Hmmmmm Does that mean that a different spell heals the dead (skeletons) and another for the living dead (vampires)?

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm betting that all types of Magic will have some Healing&Draining Magic Spells, even though Life will have more and better Healing type Spell and Death Probably has more Draining&Leeching Spells.
    In fact it's probably true that every type of Magic (at least amongst the Basic Magics) will have a few Spells that do similar things too those Magic Elements-types that have the most Affinity for those types of Spells and effects and is better and stronger at those Spells.
    For example, they all probably have a few Healing Spells (just not as many or as good as Life Magic), plus they might have some issues that Life Magic Healing might not have, for instance Fire Magic Healing might be Painful, and Death Magic Healing might have some Negative side effects or involve harm to someone else. Water Magic might possibly be the best for non negative effects Healing after Life, although Death might be the second best after Life but will likely involve doing bad things to other living things in order to work.
    There's probably a few Levitation or Flight like Magics in the other non Air Magics, Concealment Spells in the other Magics then just Dark and Light, and there might even be a few Animating Spells that aren't Death Magic (like maybe Earth Magic that uses Plants to infest and move a body, or Life that allows brief movement of one, or Water & Air to move them like puppets, ect.

I would like for Richter to Learn at least one (preferably more) Healing Spell for every Basic Element types (and other Magic types), for one it would allow him to Teach Healing Spells to anybody he can Teach Magic to and so increase the number of Villagers that can help in Healing people and themselves. Secondly it would all him to cast more Healing Magics while his Life Magic Healing Spells are on Cool Down. And thirdly certain Magic types might have better effects (or at least less unwanted effects) on certain Aligned Beings, for instance Death Magic Healing Spells might work better on Death Aligned Beings (Living (or Living Dead) beings not Undead creatures), Water Healing for Water Elemental creatures, ect.
    Plus Celestial Healing would like be harmful to Abyssal beings.

(Demonic, Hellish and Abyssal Magic likely had a lot of Draining/Leeching Spells as well.)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Waterhobit likes this.
  12. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I mostly just want to see something new.

though some kind of spacial / travel magic would good
    League stride (Extending your stride via spacial warping)
    Dimension door
    Blink

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  13. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Black kobold road would be nice. I can't help picturing something similar to the old roads from the wheel of time saga.

Waterhobit likes this.
  14. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Zone control could be cool.

Contained Blink
    Air magic level ~60ish
    Allows user to Blink between positions inside a radius of 50 yards from the casters position when casting completes. Leaving the radius of the casting prematurely ends the spell, but will allow you to travel up to 50 additional yards from your position in the circle.
    Cool down between blinks 1 second(s), starting after arrival at new location. Any time you Blink you will travel to the location you're looking at.
    Blink travel speed is equal to 10 seconds/ air magic skill level.
    Duration 30 mins
    Cast Time 10 seconds.
    Cool down 1 hour.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  15. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    For some reason I'm thinking that Blink type Spells might be more likely to be found in Fey or Space/Dimension Magic, or possibly Light Magic, although Air might be a possibility.
    And maybe limited to line of sight for full distance Teleport (at least at first) and much shorter ranged Teleport for out of line of sight, but if your more familiar with the surrounding area and can mentally visualise it well then non line of sight Teleporting becomes better. It would depend on whether the Blink Spell has a safety feature built into it to stop your from Teleporting into a solid object or not, if so then non line of sight Blinking would likely have much better range.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  16. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why light? Blink is teleportation. Not saying your wrong but i don’t see it.

two forms of travel magic i can think of that would definitely be air are flying, and thunder bridge (riding the lightning). Aleron has stated that teleportation is of air magic, or at least air mages use it the most.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he said that most Long Range Travel Magic was either Air or Light Magic based.
    Although I'm betting that Dark has more then a few as well, although probably more short to mid range one's. Earth probably has several for Traveling through the Ground, as might Water?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Remember the HM told Ricther that some spells that would heal people would heal the living dead but damage the dead. So What heals the dead could damage the living.

19. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plus any Healing Spells of Death Magic that can Heal the living might still have a better effect on the Living Dead and alive Death Affinity Beasts/Races then they might on Non-Death Affinity/Aligned beings due to Affinity compatibility.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  20. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How about Spells that can Summon a temporary Habitations, like the Summon Pavilion of Grandeur(Tent), or Leomund's Secure Shelter (Conjours a Cottage made from Surrounding Material (Wood, Mud, Stone, ect)), Summon Para's Portable Place (Makes a Door to an Inter-Dimensional Wizards Tower through an existing doorway), or similar.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020