What Spells would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Mar 4, 2020.

1. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Construction magic. Either macro (buildings, walls, etc), micro (artistic stairs, statues, etc.)

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We know the mechanics are there for construction magic. I do think that construction magic would be extremely expensive maybe to the point of where it isn’t feasible. The knowledge would be very rare and the amount of magical energy would be prohibitive for most everyone in the Land. I believe settlement points would be easier to come by.

With that said I do like the idea.

It makes me think of the Alex Verus series.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

52%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well Hisako has an Earth Magic Spell that can Create/Grow a Chair, so Magic like that does exist, how long they continue to exist afterwards would probably depend on it's Rank and Purpose?

4. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s right. She has a spell used to grow vines, grass, or a sapling into a chair. I don’t think that would be nearly as taxing. Using Magic for a permanent and sophisticated structure such as one of hewn stone would be substantially different. As drag had mentioned it might be that the Kinder settlement was magically grown or built. Earth moving spells or forcing natural growth in a unnatural time isn’t the same as spawning refined natural resources from scratch.

5. Captain BlackJack

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would think a reconstruction spell would be more valuable then most. Ricther could still use a reconstruction spell on his keep, and all the other dilapidated structures he has remaining in his domain. I would personally like to see a reconstruction spell used on the statue in his catacomb chapel.

6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 11 (Thief) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is a fantasy series read a while back, that used magic to create impossible buildings. The stairs are what really stuck in my mind though. The description made it obvious that they would have been useless without the magic.