What's your Myers–Briggs Type Indicator?

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Paul Bellow, May 30, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Every time I've taken this test (in the corporate world, academia, and for fun), I've come up INFP.

What about you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers–Briggs_Type_Indicator

Free test - takes around 12 minutes...

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

In most writing groups I've been in, I've asked this, so I thought I'd do it here too. A lot of INTJ's are writers, I've found. A few other INFP's too.

@Paul Bellow - INFP
    @lordnova - INTJ
    @WildAzazel - ENTJ
    @Matthew Siege - INTP

infptype.jpg analytysts.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  2. lordnova

lordnova Level 10 (Filcher) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

90%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Mountain States
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've taken that test at various times throughout my life. Every time I get the same result. So it must be right.

INTJ.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Haven taken it multiple times. Here is the most recent from about a month ago. Took it for a class I'm currently taking.

Attached Files:

Ian Mitchell and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Matthew Siege

Matthew Siege Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  5. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was claiming ESTJ-A.

mediocre personality test.PNG

6. James G Patton

James G Patton Horrific Pun Master LitRPG Author Citizen

81%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My Introvert and Extrovert is on the line. It goes back and forth every time I take it. INTJ or ENTJ, most recently it has been ENTJ

7. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd go with ENTJ, you probably 2nd guess it because you get worn down and don't want to be around anyone. I go through stages like that where I prefer not to have a lot of people around me but at the same time, as a former professional ring announcer, I can handle being the center of attention of a couple hundred people. Being an extrovert means you have that ability to socialize at will. It doesn't mean you want to all the time. Does that make sense?

8. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    From attitudes, demeanor and responses presented on this forum and folks results to the test they presented, I'm inclined to believe that some of you are seriously delusional or have a propensity towards deceiving yourselves. Please go ahead and take the test a few more times and farm that desired outcome.

9. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the things about INFPs is that they can (for short periods of time) appear like any of the other groups to fit in... Takes an emotional toll, though. Would be interesting to see someone else answer the questions for people. Heh.

Ian Mitchell and WildAzazel like this.
  10. Matthew Siege

Matthew Siege Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    These things aren't always so obvious. I'm an introvert, but I can absolutely be the center of attention. I can tell the jokes, weave the stories, be the "life of the party" if I have to be. And often I do, because that's the mask I've learned to wear when I'm in that setting. It's a big emotional drain though. I'll agree to a random social gathering happily enough but, as the time nears, the knowledge that I'm going to have to be on stage again weighs me down.

I would much rather be at home wandering through (or being distracted by...) the world(s) in my head.

11. Jason

Jason Troll Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wouldn't ever the MBTI. MBTI exhibits significant psychometric deficiencies, notably including poor validity(i.e. not measuring what it purports to measure) and poor reliability. (giving different results for the same person on different occasions). There are more methods used to profile and categorize individuals. This system is not, by any means, accurate. In the best case, it MAY give you brief insight, but not consistently enough to go off of.

12. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I switch back and forth between the INFP and ENFP depending on what I'm doing. I tend to find it about as useful as the DISC assessment or my horoscope in the daily paper, but not as much fun as runestones, the I Ching, tarot cards, or talking to my imaginary friends.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  13. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Has my imaginary friend Clarence contacted your imaginary friend yet, btw? ;p

I get your point, though, nothing is fool-proof when it comes to understanding the human mind.

Ian Mitchell likes this.
  14. Ian Mitchell

Ian Mitchell Level 15 (Guardian) LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nope, we fools are a crafty lot and quite capable of subverting the most meticulously crafted understandings. I'll keep an eye out for Clarence and make sure to warn the dusklings not to eat him.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  15. James G Patton

James G Patton Horrific Pun Master LitRPG Author Citizen

81%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I worked at a company that was trying to assess employee potential and growth. It was a good company actually, but they gave us all these tests and had this guy give us bi-monthly training. They used it to determine areas where we should get further training and whether someone would make a good manager or not. The test was fairly accurate for the group, but afterward, they had no idea what to do with it all. Just an example of how some places use it. The entire thing was mostly a waste of time, but I did find it an interesting experience. I was tapped for management training afterward, but I left the company a month later. I had an offer I couldn't refuse, as the godfather would say.

The most interesting part was how it played out after the results were in. Instead of a bonding experience for the entire group, it created division among the workers and they grouped according to their results. I feel like it called attention to our failings more than out positive attributes.

16. Akneel the stubborn

Akneel the stubborn Level 5 (Veteran) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting...I mean if it says is and I was honest... So who can I persuade to pay tribute to a great cause?

Attached Files:

Paul Bellow likes this.
  17. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

18. Akneel the stubborn

Akneel the stubborn Level 5 (Veteran) Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hahahaha, I laughed till I cried! Thank you!

Paul Bellow and Seagrim like this.